BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trying to sound "cool"

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really hope that's not how the final title will look. That's worse than F3AR.

In other news though, all three current Thief games are on GOG/Steam nowadays in what I presume is a working fashion for modern systems for those that want to give 'em a whirl.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/14/re...nt-in-trouble/

Report: Thief 4 development in trouble
    As disconcerting as it may be that we haven't heard or seen anything regarding Thief 4 in quite a while, recent career changes for several key folks at Eidos Montreal suggest there may be trouble with the game's development. After all, it took Eidos Montreal four years to bring Deus Ex: Human Revolution to retail – almost how long Thief 4 has been in development.

According to a report on Kotaku from internet sleuth Superannuation, not only did audio director and composer Paul Weir leave Eidos Montreal, but so did lead level designer Adam Alim, senior concept artists Nicolas Ferrand and Dan Blomberg, senior technical level designer Eugene Kuczerepa, senior animator Marie-Chantal Larocque and senior level designer Patrick Garon. In addition to the departures, there's also apparently a completed CG trailer created by Goldtooth Creative – the same firm responsible for Deus Ex: Human Revolution's CG and cutscenes – that never saw the light of day, and was planned for a December 2011 unveiling, according to this resume.

So what could be the situation? One level designer still at Eidos Montreal says he designed the last level in the game – take from that what you will. In light of all this, we've followed up with Eidos Montreal and Square Enix for official comment.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

THIAF?

Iunno, in leet speak, 4 usually replaces an A, so how this makes sense is beyond me. Atleast F3AR makes sense, since a 3 replaces E.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Lower case e

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor

"Thief 4 'switched to next-gen consoles'"

That's according to the latest issue of OXM UK, which reports in its gossip section that the long-in-development revamp will likely release late next year, when Xbox 720 (codename 'Durango') is expected to launch.

CVG sources indicate the report is accurate.

Theif 4 is said to have been in development for four years, with one designer even claiming to have completed the game's final level.

The long-in-development sequel has recently seen its audio director and lead level designer both depart for other studios, along with several concept artists and other designers.

Eidos Montreal job listings reveal the Deus Ex: Human Revolution studio is working on a next-gen action adventure game, with mentions of "player choice" and "stealth".

If the OXM report is to be believed it's Thief, not necessarily Deus Ex, that's being geared up for the next consoles.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-gen-consoles/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Thief 4 has been rumoured as in-development at Eidos Montreal for some time, yet there hasn’t been a peep about it for ages. The LinkedIn CV of an employee at the studio may hint at an upcoming reveal.

I’ve flagged this as rumour as there’s no way of verifying it at present, but intrepid internet snooper Superannuation posted a link to the LinkedIn CV of Alexandre Richer,
    generalist/UI programmer at Ubisoft.

Previously Richer worked at Eidos Montreal, having left his role in January this year.

Note the line, “More details to come within the upcoming months.” This could hint at the studio’s involvement its long-rumoured Thief 4 project. Word on the street is the game is in development for PS4 and Xbox 720.

With the reveal of PS4 happening this Wednesday and Xbox 720 billed for a holiday season 2013 release, Richer’s profile does seem timely.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/18/eido...months-rumour/

ThI4F hasn't been formally announced, although a website exists. It is also rumored that this may be Murdered: Soul Suspect.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Made cover of April Game Informer. Scans are up. Everything's teal and orange, but the graphics are at least on par with a late this-gen game. I wonder how much better it will look on next-gen consoles.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/image.../coverfull.jpg

Eidos Montreal has been working for years to reboot the classic stealth series Thief, and the fruits of its labor will finally be revealed in issue 240 of Game Informer Magazine.

Our April cover story is a world-exclusive look at this next-generation stealth title. Series hero Garrett returns to the Gothic, industrial metropolis known simply as the City to steal any and everything that will make him richer. Unfortunately, the City is broiling with social tension as it is ravaged by a plague and lorded over by a political tyrant known as the Baron. In order to survive his adventures, Garrett will have to pay attention to his environment and make use of the may possible paths through each of the game's levels.

Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014.
    Check out our coverage trailer for a taste of all the content you can look forward to absorbing over the next month.

Also in the issue, we take a look at Sony's PlayStation 4 as well as Bungie's follow up to Halo, a new sci-fi series called Destiny. We also research the harsh realities of mobile development and learn about the challenges small teams face when making a game. Ubisoft let us check out its new pirate game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. We poke fun at the entire industry with our annual Game Infarcer feature, and then take an exclusive look at Trion Worlds and Syfy's MMO/TV show experiment Defiance. It's a lot of content, but don't forget to check out our classic feature on Pitfall, or our previews of The Last of Us, Remember Me, and Grid 2. It's a meaty issue; you're welcome.

Print subscribers should start seeing their April issues in the next two weeks. If you can't wait that long, you can subscribe to our digital issue – which can be accessed by subscribers via your web browser, iPad, or Android devices around 2 p.m. Central Time. Check our Twitter feed to find out the moment the digital edition of our April book goes live.

If you aren't yet a digital subscriber, you can convert your print subscription here or start a new subscription here. You can also purchase individual issues or subscribe via the appropriate apps. If you prefer a physical copy of the magazine, contact [email protected].

Click the banner below to go to our Thief hub, where you'll find additional exclusive content throughout the month.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank god it doesn't use that stupid name from before, thi4f.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I want this game to be good, loved the old Thief games. Don't let me down.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Not sure if I want zombies in this game or not. Can't remember if it pissed me off or not.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It sure as hell pissed me off

First level was YES OH YES
    Second level WTF ZOMBIES??!??!?!??

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

oh right, yeah, that. Me too.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm just worried people forgot what the word Stealth means based on the last Splinter Cell, last Hitman and Dishonored.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Thief is pretty stealth optional too, let's not kid ourselves here.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    Thief is pretty stealth optional too, let's not kid ourselves here.
    Only because the AI was dumb as bricks. I have the same worries as Kuishen at any rate.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I'm just worried people forgot what the word Stealth means based on the last Splinter Cell, last Hitman and Dishonored.
    Huh? Dishonored is made so that you can tackle the game whatever way you please. You can be stealthy if you want to be, so I don't really get this comment?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast