1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Regarding the 90-Day Subscription Option (06/15/2012)

As our community may be aware, FINAL FANTASY XIV offers 30-day and 90-day subscription periods. We wish to inform our players that we will be discontinuing the 90-day subscription option on Saturday, June 30, 2012. Beginning Sunday, July 1, 2012 we will only offer a 30-day subscription plan.

Fulfilling the Requirements for the Legacy Campaign

Players Currently Within the 30-Day Free Trial Period
    Players who began playing as of May 2012 and have registered for a 90-day period before June 30, 2012 will be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Current Players
    Players who have subscribed for at least 90 cumulative days since January 6, 2012 will be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Returning Players
    Players who played before January 5, 2012 and wish to resume playing again will need to register for a 90-day subscription before Saturday, June 30, 2012 in order to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Information regarding the transition from the current game to version 2.0 will be announced on the Lodestone in the future.

A. Body
    BG Level

For a second, I was like "What?" Then I thought, this is so people don't get long subs that might overlap with the free alpha/beta period. Then I remembered that it might not start until the end of Sept., almost exactly 3 months from now..er, then....July 1st.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for the post, I was wondering when was the last day to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

For returning players we must do it before June 30th and register for the 90 day plan.

I'll have to think about it.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bad ass, glad I re-subbed on Monday

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Already paid for 1 month. Guess I need to change it to a 90 day

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Already paid for 1 month. Guess I need to change it to a 90 day
    You don't have to...

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Even better then. Sorry, it was 6:30 or so when reading it, brain is kinda fuzzy -_-

I like turtles.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not quite sure what this means. What is the legacy program? I just signed up for the game last week.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

HAHA! Time to register for 90 days!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meilin Kikkano
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Woohoo, sub runs out on the 26th! Just made it in for another 90~

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrojj View Post
    Not quite sure what this means. What is the legacy program? I just signed up for the game last week.
    The deadline to Register a new account and qualify for Legacy (because of the 30 days free trail) was May 31st. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    The deadline to Register a new account and qualify for Legacy (because of the 30 days free trail) was May 31st. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are correct:
    Players Currently Within the 30-Day Free Trial Period
    Players who began playing as of May 2012 and have registered for a 90-day period before June 30, 2012 will be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Current Players
    Players who have subscribed for at least 90 cumulative days since January 6, 2012 will be able to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

Returning Players
    Players who played before January 5, 2012 and wish to resume playing again will need to register for a 90-day subscription before Saturday, June 30, 2012 in order to fulfill the requirements needed to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.
    Sadly, whoever just started last week missed the boat by only a few days.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

What would be the purpose of announcing the same thing over again?

I kind of read it as people who are in the free trial NOW, who may have started their free trial AFTER or in the period "AS OF" May to present who register for 90 days will also now qualify.

Basically saying people who are in the free trial now and up for 90 days even though their trial is still ongoing will now also gain the Legacy status.

Edit: Course in reading it again as stated in the posts above mine makes me wonder again. Though if this limit did already exist...why announce it as if something has changed to the previous announcement? To me this is basically a last effort to get anyone "on the fence" to up for 90 days even if they are still currently in trial to secure subscription up until the 2.0 shutdown period begins.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think they're posting this because a lot of people were asking questions whether they qualify or not, what are the cut-off dates and such.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's not the same thing. The previous official post only clarified things for people without a previous subscription. Some people found it to be vague and weren't sure if those with existing accounts could still re-register in June and qualify. This provided that clarity, and now there are specific dates for everyone. This also clarifies whether or not you could instantly qualify for Legacy simply buy purchasing the 90-day subscription after the supposed cut-off date (answer: no, you can't).

Also, the main point was to say that they were shutting down the 90-day option. The extra legacy info was just a bonus.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

well i resubbed to the 90day last week and got my legacy status already..

seems like theyre really gearing for something by end sept..

probably gonna use the anniversary date for something significant

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Returning Players
    So, if someone played their 'free beta' and didn't decide to pay after January needs to buy a 90-day sub now to qualify? What about if you paid, say one (or two, but not three) 30-day sub sometime until now - will you need to pay for 90-day sub, or can sub for the next two billing cycles to qualify? I'm trying to figure out if from this point the 90-day sub is required for everyone, or is it just bad wording from SE's side to con more people to subbing for 90 days right off the bat?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

You just need to sub a total of 90 days to qualify, so like if you did 1 month in Jan, you'll still need another 60 days before 2.0.. Or 30 sept, probably

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I have no idea if I've subbed for 2 or 3 months in total. Is there any way to check if you've qualified for Legacy status?