+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    "Game's not perfect." Understatement of the decade? Fucking rofl.
    laughed pretty hard at this too.

almost every game i've played recently had SERIOUS issues at launch. FF14, crysis 2, etc. but none of them kept trying to backstroke up the waterfall the way D3 seems to be doing. many of us used to say that SE put in all kinds of stupid shit going out of their way to piss you off. but at least future patches cleaned all that up. this is the first game that's decided to do that in its patches.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The game's had more issues than FFXIV had and FFXIV was fucking GARBAGE at launch. "Game's not perfect." Understatement of the decade? Fucking rofl.

The bonus of NT was the fact that it could hit multiple targets for a shit ton of damage (multiple times). DH didn't have many moves that could completely rape things. They needed those moves because it's not like they could stack HP/Resistances and just magically live through any hit post Act 1. And I'm sure adjusting Inferno isn't going to fix the fact that DH's are fucking glass cannons.

So you can 'fucking lol' all you want. The game's been a waste of sixty bucks. I haven't played in four days, and I really have no use in playing now.
    Comparing D3 to FFXIV shows just how much your claims are ridiculous. FFXIV was completely unplayable at release, while D3 only doesn't live up the the expectations set by it's predecessor. It's certainly not D2 with better graphics, but it still is a very good game (I haven't been this addicted to a game since FFXI)

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Damn straight :>

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Comparing D3 to FFXIV shows just how much your claims are ridiculous. FFXIV was completely unplayable at release, while D3 only doesn't live up the the expectations set by it's predecessor. It's certainly not D2 with better graphics, but it still is a very good game (I haven't been this addicted to a game since FFXI)
    Very...good..game? What? And I compared a game to another game in terms of launch, not as if it were the same game. It's apples and oranges. But you calling it very good is your opinion. The only thing this shit's good for right now to me is making money, rofl.

Clearly I won't win here, so I'm not going to try. I forgot no matter how bad Blizzard makes something, you'll always have their armored knights coming to save the day QQ

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Also, none of them had an entire decade to put out the final product either, which is the most humorous part about the D3 situation....

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He might be a dense twit, I dunno, but I fail to see how he's wrong. Farming items by breaking pots and popping chests is not very Diablo-esque.
    You're falling into his strawman. I didn't say anything about farming only vases or farming only chests, nor did I promote farming runs that don't involve killing at all. He can be potentially right about that all he wants, it doesn't refute anything I said. Never mind that if people want to play that way then they should be able to play that way, I guess Jay's way is the only way after all.

Don't even attempt to argue that removing the functionality of all breakable items because a small select group of people did that is reasonable. This isn't an MMO, you don't nerf everything into oblivion.

Or you could just save us the trouble and quit the fucking game now. If you're not having fun, STOP PLAYING. No one is strong arming you to keep playing. Go play Diablo 2 if you want it oh so badly.
    Strawman. Insult. Assumption. Bullshit. That's all I hear from you. Why do you assume I hate the game? Why do you assume I'm not having fun? I like the game, and I think it has potential. That is exactly why I'm going to bitch about nerfs to this game that hold it back and make it worse.

You've reduced yourself to telling people to "go back to diablo 2", which would only makes sense if diablo 3 isn't up to par with diablo 2. Attack your own argument more.

Here's an idea for you. Why don't you go back and play diablo 2. Why don't you go back and play diablo 1. Maybe then you can see how removing item drops from breakable items would make them completely useless in those games too. Or you could continue living in your delusional little world where removing the purpose of breakable items, removing the main joy of breakable items, is a beneficial change that enhances game play.

Enlighten me as to what purpose barrels would serve in diablo 2 if they didn't drop anything. Illuminate why you would bother breaking them in diablo 1 if they didn't drop anything. Oh, and explain to me how breaking barrels in diablo 1 and diablo 2 were anti-diablo.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

edit: somehow double posted

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Someone likely spends less than $0.50 an hour on entertainment, calls it 'a waste'. Probably goes to see a movie once finished ranting.

I completely agree, the game has some problems, it is flawed, etc. I am not expecting miracles out of the gate, and I remember how much better D2 got over the years, and I assume it will be a similar course with this game as well. However, the completely retarded level of BAWWWWing going on it pretty humorous. I heard they killed puppies in the 1.0.3 patch notes too.

Banned.

BG Level

Not understanding why people are freaking out that D3 is not Barrel Smashing Simulator 2012.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's a pretty strong point. D2 right out of the gate was pretty bad. I wonder how we'd receive it today?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not understanding why people are freaking out that D3 is not Barrel Smashing Simulator 2012.
    Would you understand if they removed all drops from white mobs? Horribly analogy I know, but hopefully it gets my point across.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Someone likely spends less than $0.50 an hour on entertainment, calls it 'a waste'. Probably goes to see a movie once finished ranting.

I completely agree, the game has some problems, it is flawed, etc. I am not expecting miracles out of the gate, and I remember how much better D2 got over the years, and I assume it will be a similar course with this game as well. However, the completely retarded level of BAWWWWing going on it pretty humorous. I heard they killed puppies in the 1.0.3 patch notes too.
    Well so you know, when they nerfed down the shadows active time in half, I wasn't one bawwing then. My breaking point is taking one of our reliable DD skills and nerfing the shit out of that. Then again, it's like a lot of games. Advertise something good, nerf it later on. Least I haven't paid money for this garbage.

And it's hilarious the people who point out those who "BAW" at a game like this. Hey, if people enjoy it, then it's not a waste to them. I've personally lost most-if not all interest. I'll probably check out the game post 1.0.3 and see what's going on, or whatever, but I haven't had fun with it in a long, long time.

I'm sorry, but if you've got ten years to sort out a launch like this and plan for it, and then not only was the first week a total disaster on the servers, but even weeks later? Come on, blizzard.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Because without smashing barrels all we're left with is a world of warcraft clone!

I also think there's quite a few glaring issues mainly with act 2 inferno onwards and the lack of fun affixes for items come end game which is why I've been putting my time into hardcore while waiting. None of us have played 1.0.3 to make any glaring judgements in balance changes (NT was a bug fix, not a nerf anyways). The only long term problem I see hampering the game now is the lack of ladder to fix this atrocious economy (another reason hardcore is enjoyable).

D2 was pretty decent out of the gate. B.net was unplayable bad though and class/skill balance was retarded (and continued to be retarded until current day!)

D3 is a pretty awesome game in nightmare and most of hell. Too bad people who play SC typically skip those difficulties and go right to the part where you're repeatedly slamming your dick in a drawer and hoping an awesome item drops. There's definitely stuff to fix, especially endgame stuff that obviously they didn't/couldn't tune internally prior to release. But I can't say I haven't got my money's worth out of the 100+ hours I've played.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

D2 out the gate was better than this imo as long as you played SP. But that's me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I didnt play Diablo 1 or 2 and I think this game is pretty fun. But I have looked into D2 and I can see whoamg they took out a lot of stuff. This game is mega streamlined compared to its predecessor.
    Alas, still pretty fun though aside from lack of any real customization... maybe later on we'll get skill levels or something?... please?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

They didn't really have 10 years. The game was actually started as an MMO according to Max Shaefer (the old mind behind the Diablo series and Blizzard North) but the entire project got scrapped and thats when Blizzard North all left/got closed. Diablo 3 is an entire new team with minimal people who ever touched the first two. It certainly isn't 10 years in the making. A long time sure. The current iteration is maybe 3-4 years old.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Dia...RPG,16044.html

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I enjoyed it for the time playing, and honestly, I knew I'd die 4,324 times on Inferno as a DH. I expected to. If I didn't, it wouldn't be annoying! So that's fine. I had my fun there. I'm just not looking forward to having to completely regear my DH in crit/damage instead of the attack speed build I've got now. I mean.. I've basically got to completely regear save two or three slots. And I don't have a shit ton of gold to play with either, so :/ That's also what annoys me, personally, about this patch.

Anyway, worst game ever? Nah. Duke Nukem has that for the hype=/=launch. But disappointed in how it's gone? Certainly.

@Eanae: thanks for the correction then. My bad.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Well so you know, when they nerfed down the shadows active time in half, I wasn't one bawwing then. My breaking point is taking one of our reliable DD skills and nerfing the shit out of that. Then again, it's like a lot of games. Advertise something good, nerf it later on. Least I haven't paid money for this garbage.

And it's hilarious the people who point out those who "BAW" at a game like this. Hey, if people enjoy it, then it's not a waste to them. I've personally lost most-if not all interest. I'll probably check out the game post 1.0.3 and see what's going on, or whatever, but I haven't had fun with it in a long, long time.

I'm sorry, but if you've got ten years to sort out a launch like this and plan for it, and then not only was the first week a total disaster on the servers, but even weeks later? Come on, blizzard.
    You can get really angsty at my relatively mellow post pointing out how angsty you are being if it makes you feel better, I just think you are shooting off your guns a little early is all. Perhaps wait until the end of the year to call the game the horrible crapsack failure you want it to be in your mind. Also, if you think any amount of time under 35 days is a "long, long time" you lack some serious patience, grasshopper.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    D2 was pretty decent out of the gate. B.net was unplayable bad though and class/skill balance was retarded (and continued to be retarded until current day!)

D3 is a pretty awesome game in nightmare and most of hell. Too bad people who play SC typically skip those difficulties and go right to the part where you're repeatedly slamming your dick in a drawer and hoping an awesome item drops. There's definitely stuff to fix, especially endgame stuff that obviously they didn't/couldn't tune internally prior to release. But I can't say I haven't got my money's worth out of the 100+ hours I've played.
    Pretty much agree with this post 100%. When I said D2 was pretty bad at launch, I did mainly mean the status of B.Net, but really it was missing a bunch of stuff that made the game a ton better after the release of Lord of Destruction. Also, I like the "slamming your dick in a drawer" analogy, my goal is to find an RL situation (preferably at work) where I can use that today.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I also think there's quite a few glaring issues mainly with act 2 inferno onwards and the lack of fun affixes for items come end game which is why I've been putting my time into hardcore while waiting. None of us have played 1.0.3 to make any glaring judgements in balance changes (NT was a bug fix, not a nerf anyways). The only long term problem I see hampering the game now is the lack of ladder to fix this atrocious economy (another reason hardcore is enjoyable).
    I have hope that they'll fix most of these problems soonish, in fact a majority of my problems related to this have been fixed with this patch. The rubberbanding fix makes me want to play my hardcore character a lot more now.

Yeah, none of d2s early problems were gigantic design flaws. There were just small fixes/enhancements that needed to be done iirc. I personally thought skills were very well balanced on barbarian though. And then post synergy the game was amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast