1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 1 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Do it on durandal instead!
    Durandal ftw! That was a fun fight once we got the strategy down; I'd almost be willing to give it a go if I'm on.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I havn<t played for 1 months so kinda don't have much friends

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Durandal ftw! That was a fun fight once we got the strategy down; I'd almost be willing to give it a go if I'm on.
    bro why haven't we had a drg fest yet =(

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lol, I stopped playing from November to June, but my LS was still there when I got back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    bro why haven't we had a drg fest yet =(
    Because my DRG is gimp with full AF and a Canopus Guisarme and no melded gear or primal weapons...

Actually I do pretty well in the PUGs that have parsed some fights. I just feel naked without my Gungnir.

Tbh the most obnoxious thing about the fight aside from having to run all the way back is the fucking lighting effects from every PC/NPC WS/TP move in such a dark, enclosed area constantly overlapping and not being able to see a goddamn thing.

Also, fucking random gates? There's magitek armors all over the fucking place, make them the gate keepers and stop jerking us around fighting perpetually spawning/immediately mass linking mobs.

It's actually easier to get thru the area if everyone drops pt and moves together simply because you don't wind up with whole herds of mobs going MGS alert mode because 1 saw you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Also, fucking random gates? There's magitek armors all over the fucking place, make them the gate keepers and stop jerking us around fighting perpetually spawning/immediately mass linking mobs.
    Gates are timed. 1 game hour open, 1 game hour closed. Lights go up at 5 past the hour, door opens a little before then iirc
    Because my DRG is gimp with full AF and a Canopus Guisarme and no melded gear or primal weapons...

Actually I do pretty well in the PUGs that have parsed some fights. I just feel naked without my Gungnir.
    It's okay, my DRG is gimp too. Not quite that gimp, but close ;-;

Then I can only assume they alternate which are open/closed? ie. Gate 1 and 3 open, 2 and 4 close.

Because unless I'm remembering wrong (entirely possible) I've gone thru one gate upon opening only to be stuck at the next.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Xanthe is a real Drg. Rocl is an imitator! We don't need your kind amongst the ranks!

/pitchfork and torch

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Then I can only assume they alternate which are open/closed? ie. Gate 1 and 3 open, 2 and 4 close.

Because unless I'm remembering wrong (entirely possible) I've gone thru one gate upon opening only to be stuck at the next.
    Yup. I can (usually) get to the fight solo, I go through the first gate at the last moment and the second gate opens right as you get to it. Then there's a semi-safe spot in a cave (still have to kill a couple of things, but extremely manageable -- then run through gates 3 and 4 in the same way.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Er yeah, I thought everyone knew they alternated open/close, but then again I also thought everyone knew they were timed.

I paid more attention to gates than to people's HP my first time running through though; so that could be why

So as I entered the Castrum Novum battle, there was this Magitek guarding the device.
    Its id was "F-1" , and it was different from the other robots. It was painted red...

Thanks Yoshi for bringing memes to your own game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Btw. While you need 25k for the new rank up, after completing it you get a coin you can return to gain the 25k seals back, so it's not that bad.

Also, like me some chuckles browsing OF from time to time:

Being able to outrun the aggressive mobs destroys the geographic progression of FFXIV. Does SE plan to change this for 2.0?

In FFXI we had to stand and fight or zone aggressive mobs. It created boundaries to how far a person could explore as they progress in the game. In FFXIV you can explore the whole map at the beginning of the game. It takes the adventure out of exploration because there is no real danger; you can't have an adventure without danger. I prefer the FFXI mechanics personally.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

no no no, I agree that the leashing mechanic can be retarded especially when standing right outside (wouldn't be surprised if you could solo the kobold NM this way) and idk i hate running from like 70% of the mobs in dungeons

if you're looking for OF chuckles though:

Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    for all that is holy i hope any of the shitfest that is Daiblo 3 doesnt influence him. Blizzard completely ruined diablo. FF14 at its release was still a much better game. Diablo 3 is a catastrophe.

on the otherhand this game has improved much, become more enjoyable and the devs really have learned to understand there community;unlike blizzard who just ignored the Diablo 3 community and tarnished the franchise beyond repair almost at this point.

ps: i still have a slight problem w/ the relic system it was stated originally that they would be easily accessible to everyone and that is now the complete opposite.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that's true, still "destroys geographic progression" got me good.

And yeah, saw the D3 post too :D

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

yeah the op is fucking retarded but the complaint is semivalid =(

i also enjoyed the locked thread about SE & Blizzard teaming up making a superMMO

Btw. While you need 25k for the new rank up, after completing it you get a coin you can return to gain the 25k seals back, so it's not that bad.
    Kinda OT, but I wonder if they'll pull a dick move and made old GC ranks obsolete once 2.0 hits.

Something like you get a key item or something, congratulations from various NPCs but you're back to square one in terms of GC progression. Because the world has changed etc etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Interesting question. GC progression quests have to change obviously so I wonder will we be locked out of new quests and retain our rank or forced to repeat stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Kinda OT, but I wonder if they'll pull a dick move and made old GC ranks obsolete once 2.0 hits.

Something like you get a key item or something, congratulations from various NPCs but you're back to square one in terms of GC progression. Because the world has changed etc etc.
    Maybe not but new players will have to rank up in a different way because all the quests will be gone for good.

That doubt came to mind because of their description of the new coin item :
    "A one-gil coin minted by the three Grand Companies of Limsa Lominsa, Gridania, and Ul'dah to commemorate the reforming of the Eorzean Alliance. Guaranteed never to depreciate in value! "

But maybe it's just pointless speculation.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

OK, I can agree that the leashing "destroys geographic progression" ... but not having it destroys the fucking game. So yeah, it's a good thing.