1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm gonna speculate that when Yoshi said we will get a version of cocoon that is Dalmund but instead of paradise it's a prison that spits out monsters. In one of the cinematics Cid mentions that it's a sin that's been banished to the skies so it's defiantly not a meteor. Anyways, United We Stand made me even more excited for 1.23, I'm glad he's not spoiling it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    I'd say just the act of wanting to meet other developers and get excited about playing other people's game is truly refreshing, especially coming from a Japanese dev, the only one that I have seen that actively talks about playing/loving other games developed by western houses is Kojima XD. It shows he has respect for the industry and that at heart he is a gamer himself rather then just an artist for the medium.
    I would say it was refreshing, but I think that is truly an understatement. The head developer of a major (if failed) MMO going to a direct competitor even if it's just to pal around speaks not only to his respect and humbleness, but also to the fact that he just fucking gets it.

It's unheard of.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I'm gonna speculate that when Yoshi said we will get a version of cocoon that is Dalmund but instead of paradise it's a prison that spits out monsters. In one of the cinematics Cid mentions that it's a sin that's been banished to the skies so it's defiantly not a meteor. Anyways, United We Stand made me even more excited for 1.23, I'm glad he's not spoiling it.
    Spoiler: show

I don't remember the exact wording, but wasn't it revealed (or just implied) that Meteor was an ancient Allegan construct?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post

I don't remember the exact wording, but wasn't it revealed (or just implied) that Meteor was an ancient Allegan construct?
    nvm it was Black Wolf that says it "It is a great red sin, exiled to the skies by ancient Allag. There is has long festered, becoming something far more vile than we ever supposed"

Yoshi P is probably the best thing to ever happen to this game.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

can someone explain this United We Stand spoilerific thing to me? in spoiler tags for those who don't want to read.. cos im really curious to know.

this new FMV seems to have pretty interesting elements.. Odin, Warrior in AF, Dalamud..

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    can someone explain this United We Stand spoilerific thing to me? in spoiler tags for those who don't want to read.. cos im really curious to know.

this new FMV seems to have pretty interesting elements.. Odin, Warrior in AF, Dalamud..
    Nael refers to Dalamud as some sort of entity instead of a simple Meteor or device confirming that someone or something is up there. Later on he lends his body to this entity and his eyes glow red just like Ultima Weapon's in the artwork.

In previous quest Black Wolf talks about how Nael behavior has changed and he fooled the Emperor. That and glowing eyes pretty much points to him being possessed by something. Later on, Cid says that they will try to capture him and find out what is behind it.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

oh dear.. black wolf who?
    is there a synopsis of the seventh umbral era storyline somewhere? i used to read up on the old main storyline from ff wiki.. this is probably not there

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    oh dear.. black wolf who?
    is there a synopsis of the seventh umbral era storyline somewhere? i used to read up on the old main storyline from ff wiki.. this is probably not there
    Black Wolf also known as Gaius Van Baelsar
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/gameplay/gc/empire/l

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

oh right.. black wolf and white raven.

seems interesting. might even hint at the new main antagonist/storyline of 2.0 and beyond.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yess story time!!!!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol'd at "CG trailer". Hope he realizes that shit isn't going to cut it to anybody but the retards who got hyped over screenshots. I for one will immediately dismiss the trailer if it isn't majority gameplay.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It is all CG, they already stated that they are waiting until the engine is more optimized to show anything of real substance.
    There's a reason the XIV stuff wasn't a big showing... there's nothing of substance to show yet and Yoshi-P knows this.

I assure you, the only reason they are even gonna release this one is that people have been asking for it since it was mentioned by journalists and such who were at E3.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They released this whole damn game way too early so I'm pretty sure they'll hold their cards close to the chest so as to avoid doing the same thing again with 2.0.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Lets not go back to the ol' tried and true SE method: Throw FMVs at the media and hope enough people are bedazzled to buy our product.

I'm sure there will be plenty of screenshots + videos of gameplay. I see the CGI trailer as more of spoiler for future story line since we're getting a brand new one. Him not releasing it at E3 and waiting till August is also probably influenced by the fact it may spoil the ending to the current story.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't think that's something to worry about. The reason why the 'E3 trailer' was not released at E3 was because he wanted to avoid that exact sort of thing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

We'll have an alpha starting in September. We won't have to wait long to see gameplay regardless of what Yoshi "reveals". That will be the best time to see if he succeeded.