BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Heroes of Ruin

No thread for this and its coming out in less than a month? Boo.

Being hailed as a Diablo-esque experience for the 3DS. Looks like fun, has online capability.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Demo is out now on 3DS eShop. Messed around briefly, pretty easy to get the hang of the gameplay.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hate to say it, but it looks a lot like a watered-down Torchlight (even the classes) on handheld. The handheld part might be what makes it worth getting, but it just looks really chunky and I am hoping that is just what happens when you slow down footage from a device like a 3DS.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

A 3DS game with actual online play and integrated voice chat through the system's built in mic? Is this real?

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    A 3DS game with actual online play and integrated voice chat through the system's built in mic? Is this real?
    They had a demo at Pax East, which I umm.. didn't play in favor of their other offerings. The game was touting the multiplayer as the main thing, not sure if it is local play only or you can play off your friends list which is why I hesitated. This is a very big deal considering Nintendo hasn't bothered to do any of that with their games yet.

Either it will be awesome because they spent 90% of their time on multiplayer, or it will suck because Nintendo hasn't done it yet.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    They had a demo at Pax East, which I umm.. didn't play in favor of their other offerings. The game was touting the multiplayer as the main thing, not sure if it is local play only or you can play off your friends list which is why I hesitated. This is a very big deal considering Nintendo hasn't bothered to do any of that with their games yet.

Either it will be awesome because they spent 90% of their time on multiplayer, or it will suck because Nintendo hasn't done it yet.
    It does say "Team up Online or through Local Multiplayer", So I'm a little excited. I mean, people saying its a watered down ARPG(Torchlight), But at the same time, I'm going to give the Demo a run through.