• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

2012 NBA Draft/Off-Season Thread: Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

This thread will suck, as will the original post. I'm doing it cuz its 1 day before the draft and 3 days before Free Agency and no one better than I has made it.

So yes, draft tomorrow night. First round order:
    1. Hornets
    2. Bobcats
    3. Wiz
    4. Cavs
    5. Kings
    6. Portland (via NJ)
    7. Golden State (i think theyre moving to SF though?)
    8. Toronto
    9. Detroit
    10. Hornets again (via MIN)
    11. Portland again
    12. Fear the Deer
    13. Suns
    14. Houston (for now)
    15. 76ers
    16. Houston (for now)
    17. Dallas
    18. Houston (for now) (via MIN+Utah)
    19. Orlando
    20. Denver
    etc etc

Should be a fun draft night. From the couple articles Ive read and various twitter rumblings, sounds like we'll get some trades as usual. Rockets pushing for d12, etc.

Then on July 1, Free Agency starts! Oh what a wonderful time it will be! Various players of note include:
    all of atlanta (basically), Ray allen, KG, antawn jamison, jason kidd, andre miller, javale mcgee(restricted), roy hibbert (restricted), chauncy billups, tyven's favorite nick young, kenyon martin, tyven;s other favorite kwame brown, ersan ilyasova, brook lopez (restricted), kris humphries, deron williams, steve nash, nicolas batum (restricted), tim duncan.

So let the fun begin, and the bashing of my shitty thread start!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in trade discussions to bring Lamar Odom back to the L.A. team that drafted him, according to sources close to the situation.

Yet the deal, sources said, could hinge on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Clippers veteran guard Mo Williams, which would allow the Dallas Mavericks to send Odom to the Clippers with no significant money coming back to the Mavericks.

With a Friday deadline looming for the Mavericks to buy out the final year of Odom's contract for $2.4 million, Dallas officials have green-lighted Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, to try to find a new home for Odom this week via trade. The Mavericks and Schwartz also have discussed pushing the deadline back into July if an Odom trade can't be struck before Friday.

The Mavericks' interest in an Odom deal, though, is purely to gain financial flexibility, which likely necessitates a third team to take on Williams. If no trade can be struck, either this week or before an adjusted deadline, Dallas is expected to eventually buy Odom out and make him a free agent, with big-market teams such as Miami and New York also planning to pursue him in that scenario.

Although Williams is a former All-Star and still a valuable contributor at 29, Dallas has little need for him given its long-planned pursuits of marquee free agents Deron Williams and Steve Nash and its oft-stated desire to bring back championship-winning point guard Jason Kidd when free agency starts at 12:01 a.m. Sunday.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I hear the bulls are shopping Deng for the Raptors pick.

Spurs always super quiet about their plans.

IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I approve of the thread title. Also, Odom for Williams? Do not want. Yeah, bandwagon Clipper fan here.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

This is a pro thread title

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cail is my favorite new poster.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

more Houston trades
    Continuing to improve their draft assets, the Houston Rockets have traded the No. 14 pick and Samuel Dalembert to the Milwaukee Bucks for the 12th selection, Shaun Livingston, Jon Leuer and Jon Brockman, a league source told ESPN.com's Chad Ford on Wednesday.

The Rockets already had acquired the No. 18 pick from the Minnesota Timberwolves for Chase Budinger and the draft rights to Lior Eliyahu.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Our plan to own every even number pick has failed!?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Couldn't be bothered to type out the entire order eh? EHHH?!?!

E. Body
    BG Level

Morale hasn't improved yet!

I don't really follow college basketball, but this year seems quieter than usual, no? (=pretty sucky draft!)

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I don't know most of these dudes in the draft. Maybe if they stayed in school longer, we could see more of them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

same...i know like 3 names or something. i barely watched college this year.. I'm gonna watch for the trades though. I wanna see if the rockets can pull off getting d12, if the lakers will dump gasol, and more!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Remember when Pau was the best PF in the league when he was winning rings, but now he needs to be traded. LOL

IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Remember when Pau was the best PF in the league when he was winning rings, but now he needs to be traded. LOL
    I know you never waste an opportunity to get in a dig on the Lakers, but Gasol has been underachieving ever since the Chris Paul trade got nixed. It's time to move on.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You can have Blair Force Dejuan for Pau straight up. Dejuan is all heart, hamburger, and no ACL. He is like a taller Derrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I don't know most of these dudes in the draft. Maybe if they stayed in school longer, we could see more of them.
    I always wished that it would end up a requirement to play 4 years, but I know it wouldn't ever happen. You learn a lot and develop so much through college, although you sacrifice a few seasons of NBA experience too. In the case of this upcoming draft class, the lot of the freshmen and sophomores should have stayed an extra year or two. They're still going through damn puberty.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    I always wished that it would end up a requirement to play 4 years, but I know it wouldn't ever happen. You learn a lot and develop so much through college, although you sacrifice a few seasons of NBA experience too. In the case of this upcoming draft class, the lot of the freshmen and sophomores should have stayed an extra year or two. They're still going through damn puberty.
    The counter argument is what happens when a star player has a career ending injury during those four years and then hasn't made a penny playing ball? Or when something like Matt Leinart happens and you drop from overall number 1 pick to w/e he went. Yes, there's always a chance of injury, but that's just more incentive to get paid ASAP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a lot of really, really talented players in this draft.

the noise has died down a bit over the year because you had guys like andre drummond, perry jones, harrison barnes, and jared sullinger fall down the charts a bit. but this draft is very deep despite the recent misgivings of teams and scouts.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The counter argument is what happens when a star player has a career ending injury during those four years and then hasn't made a penny playing ball? Or when something like Matt Leinart happens and you drop from overall number 1 pick to w/e he went. Yes, there's always a chance of injury, but that's just more incentive to get paid ASAP.
    Then they do what everyone else does? Work? Too bad some will be exposed and will probably fail cause they are too dumb for real college

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

dwade having knee surgery, another player out of the olympics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast