+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mine was fine noise wise. Hell one guy even managed to fall asleep only like 2 hours in and could hear him light snoring at times. Also holy fuck didn't realize how long this was till was to leave.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I don't know if it was the theater I went to or the movie itself but it's so fucking loud. Like ears ringing loud. I spent most of the movie holding my ears, maybe i'm getting sick or something.
    If it's too loud...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

solid flick, a lot of the ponderous philosophizing felt p shallow, especially relative to the original, but sound design was A+ (BWAAANNNH), Deakins's's cinematography as always was A+, and the acting all around was A+ (besides Jared Leto's capital V villain pretentious method how-the-frick-frack-does-this-piece-of-garbage-continue-to-get-work bullshit).

the entire climactic sequence in the surf was a phenomenal bit of filmmaking and evil robot assistant lady (who is new to acting? can't remember her in anything else) really stole most of the scenes she was in. holograph GF was also quite interesting conceptually even if they stole the sex scene directly from Her. 3/5 burgeoning sentiences.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is her first American film afaik

i agree that leto was easily the worst part of the movie but he at least wasnt a big enough part of it to make much of a mark

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I went into this last night thinking it would just be fair. I almost wanted it to be bad because the original is one of my personal favorite movies. How could it possibly live up to it? I was so wrong.

If I had to review this movie in one word it would be perfection.

There are times when film transends simple entertainment and becomes art. Like it's predecessor this was art. It complemented the original so well. I would not change a single thing about it. I was engaged and transfixed the entire time.

If you have not seen it as you read this go see it as soon as you can. It will be an experience you will never forget.

BG Level

we're gonna hit it during the day wednesday. can't wait.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

+1 for the film exceeding my expectations.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

rewatched the original today, planning to matinee 2049 early next week, thanks to the strong feedback. in vague terms, is ford still central to everything or mainly a tie in to the new generation?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    rewatched the original today, planning to matinee 2049 early next week, thanks to the strong feedback. in vague terms, is ford still central to everything or mainly a tie in to the new generation?
    Spoiler: show
    More the later. Though some actual role

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Went today w/ the fam. However, was super tired and went to one of those theatres equiped w/ reclining seats and fell asleep... BUT the loud fx kept waking my ass up.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Was worth a watch. Don't think it was 10/10 GOAT though.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's well worth seeing. The story is solid, themes are good, pacing is fine.

It doesn't have quite the same atmosphere the original had. Fog instead of rain, causing a saving on (and reduction in) detail. Lots of wide, empty, and high color shots.
    Spoiler: show
    Not as many city street scenes with throngs of extras. (The only ones I can remember off hand are the stairwell, food court, and precinct hall scenes. Oh, and the stuff in San Diego.)

There's plenty of reasons for it, and it doesn't make the film bad. But if you want the original film or Ghost in the Shell kind of aesthetic, you won't be getting a ton of it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I can't get over just how well done the plot is. Not only has Ryan Gosling saved jazz but he's saved sci-fi too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41546692

Baseball is being blamed for low turnouts in the Midwest & the South.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My god this movie was superb and I am angry as fuck that it's not doing well.

REWARD SMART SCIFI GOD DAMNIT!

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, this was a well done sequel.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think this movie was necessarily ever gonna do *that* well. A sequel to a 35 year old movie that's nearly 3 hours long and relatively light on action? Let's not forget that the original bombed at the box office too.

I'm sure it'll have decent staying power tho given the general reception, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it never turns a profit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's one of the higher rated movies out right now... but also somewhat niche market. Will probably pick up eventually like the original

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    This is her first American film afaik
    she did two movies with Keanu Reeves, I'll be damned if I can remember the names, but she was one of two slightly nutty girls in one of them at least.

Also; Blade Runner 2049 was bloody brilliant!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast