Page 12 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

No I'm using Drk 99/Dnc49

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Really stupid question, but just starting to play again...looking to buy a Potestas Bomblet...can I accidentally throw that like I did my Bomb Cores many times years ago?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ASG View Post
    Really stupid question, but just starting to play again...looking to buy a Potestas Bomblet...can I accidentally throw that like I did my Bomb Cores many times years ago?
    Nope. If it doesn't have damage/delay, you can't throw it. It's been a long while since they changed that - you can't throw Bomb Cores anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by noateam View Post
    Hello, returned 1 month ago, and i want to skill my weapon, GS is @ skill of 260, I have tried crab on Abyssea Grauberg with elshena food, but is very very slow to make up the skill.
    I have done 7 point in 1 hour with food up, and Haste every time up.
    What's wrong is there any best place, I ve triend old mob to fight such as marid or colibri, but no skill up.
    You want to fight mobs that can drop crest. if they can only drop "seals" then they arent high enough level for you to get the appropriate skill from. i notice that i am unable to skill up on the spiders i used to break one of the amano trials, but when i go to sky or whatever and those mobs are at least level 72 (what the app says) i can skill up on them just fine and fast, and my gkt skill is well over 300

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

So I'm again tempted to renew the game just for fun and because a friend is asking me to do it, and I was probably on the verge already. I got a couple questions, since I read around but wasn't still sure on what to do:

1)Excluding the fact that I'm gimpish, because I'm a bit lazy so I'd have to lvl my jobs to 99 and fix a lot of gear, how reasonable are things now if you are not into legion or events that requires a lot of people? I'm quite a lowman player, and I dualbox my own WHM(main mnk usually), mostly I was wondering, if I get into my mania of 99ing all the things, I'd be having a hard time? Wondering mostly about empy/making new empys/making new relics/etc. I'm quite bad at gil making which brings the next question

2)Excluding dyna solo farms(or duo/trios) and cruor selling blinkers, good avenues for money for lowmanning? I've read ADL is quite a good source IF you can kill it reasonably often and reliably, but really, how does it goes for that? I kinda wanted to avoid asking where there was nynja vs atories vs pchan vs mdkuser because it just seemed a ragefest and half assed infos... I'm tempted to go and make a spharai 99 and start working on more weapons but I'm a cheap ass and I usually never went past 5mil gil due to my general lacking of will of using any craft(more so fishing, I find it dreadfully boring and would kill my enjoyment) and I'm not that much into low drop rates chances or 18 man events.If there's no other chance I'm even willing to go duo for currency in dynamis but I find it kinda mind numbing and "slow", I kinda enjoy more high-risk high-reward situations with decent changes(as ADL farm would seem compared to duo dynamis)

3)Any advice you'd give to a lazy completionist player outside of what I read in these pages? I'm kinda the type that wants to 99 every job finish every mission and get every empy/relic/mythic but has no support to do that(no ls, not going to bot or buy gil, kinda not into shouts since they make me rage at dumb things)

Thanks guys hope I didn't ask something that was already around, I kinda checked around but might've missed something.

edit: forgot to add, I'm not anymore into playing long play sessions, atleast not everyday, since I'm a lot busier than before, and I also can't get a NA ls since I have to actually wake up most of the times in the morning, or generally, I can't go much more past 4-5 hrs a day IF EVER <.<

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New or Returning Players Discussion 2: SoA Homeless Veterans Edition

almos everythin can be done with your whm mule and mnk main. empys to 90, relics to 95, etc. except its more timeconsuming. Legion, voidwatch and 99 relic and empys need an ally, or alot of dedication. nyzul isle needs a pt of course.
    gil wise: crafting wont be your mainsource. start farming dynamis currency or alex to get gil. reliable source. there is no high risk high reward.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You don't mention at what point you quit, but since you mention WHM mule, I assume you were around for at least the 2nd Abyssea.

1. For a lot of jobs, Abyssea gear is still good. The generally speaking, the best head/body/hands/legs/feet for nearly every job is from floor 100 of Nyzul Isle Uncharted (a 6-person event). Only thing you won't reasonably be able to do lowman is Voidwatch and Legion. You can live without most of the VW stuff, and most of the Legion stuff looks like garbage (outside of abjurations for -1 gear that you'll never see).

2. If you're a cheapass/gimpass player, then ADL isn't for you (especially if you're lowman). Alexandrite prices are insane at the moment (linen purses drop from floor 100 of the new Nyzul), and Ebisu owners can make decent money for very little effort.

3. You'll never see a mythic in your hands unless you win it from Mog Bonanza. Voidwatch is pretty much a shout only event, and good luck finding people to do the less popular ones with you.

My LS officially only spends 3 hours a night doing things together and we don't expect anyone to do anything on weekends. There's plenty you can do with that amount of time, you just can't expect to do anything quickly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi All, Im a returning player... but starting off new, actually first trying it out with the 14 day trial. Just wondering which server I should head to for a good re-first impression, since i quit right after Wings of the Goddess came out which seems like eons ago now (._.; ).

Does look like Bismarck is the popular choice, but is it still the case??

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    You don't mention at what point you quit, but since you mention WHM mule, I assume you were around for at least the 2nd Abyssea.

1. For a lot of jobs, Abyssea gear is still good. The generally speaking, the best head/body/hands/legs/feet for nearly every job is from floor 100 of Nyzul Isle Uncharted (a 6-person event). Only thing you won't reasonably be able to do lowman is Voidwatch and Legion. You can live without most of the VW stuff, and most of the Legion stuff looks like garbage (outside of abjurations for -1 gear that you'll never see).

2. If you're a cheapass/gimpass player, then ADL isn't for you (especially if you're lowman). Alexandrite prices are insane at the moment (linen purses drop from floor 100 of the new Nyzul), and Ebisu owners can make decent money for very little effort.

3. You'll never see a mythic in your hands unless you win it from Mog Bonanza. Voidwatch is pretty much a shout only event, and good luck finding people to do the less popular ones with you.

My LS officially only spends 3 hours a night doing things together and we don't expect anyone to do anything on weekends. There's plenty you can do with that amount of time, you just can't expect to do anything quickly.
    I did quit just a week before lvl 99 cap came, when I speak about gimp/cheap I mean that I usually don't go around with the best gear, but I usually fare well enough in the game.I'm just not into caring about the perfect set ever as long as the job's done, issue is to have another 5 people for adl or I'd do it, I mean...if some guys did it considering regain is useless and generally whatever I read into the other topic, I can surely do it without issues.I do miss some core stuff but because of laziness.

Ebisu isn't going to be ever a chance for me, fishing makes me cry of boredom but thanks for the info! I guess I could spend more time and ignore the mythic since the only one I like is for lolpup which I barely use, but still I'd love to make some relic 99 and I'm kinda not into farming for a months since well...It kinda made sense in 2008 to spend months if not years on something like that, nowadays I'm just into easier things since I don't have much time.

Real issue for ls is that I'm eu based and most of the good ones on ragna iirc are NA so yeah, I tend to HAVE to do lowman stuff...

thanks for the info guys btw

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: New or Returning Players Discussion 2: SoA Homeless Veterans Edition

Me and my buddy ( mnk and thf, both /dnc ) have been duoing dynamis valk and tav and we thought we were doing really well, then I read the dorp thread and blew my mind.

We consider >1.5m total a good haul... but I hear of people soloing 4m? What are we doing wrong?

Obviously get max TE and then we rotate JA stagger mobs in both zones.

Are we missing something here?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    I did quit just a week before lvl 99 cap came, when I speak about gimp/cheap I mean that I usually don't go around with the best gear, but I usually fare well enough in the game.I'm just not into caring about the perfect set ever as long as the job's done, issue is to have another 5 people for adl or I'd do it, I mean...if some guys did it considering regain is useless and generally whatever I read into the other topic, I can surely do it without issues.I do miss some core stuff but because of laziness.

Ebisu isn't going to be ever a chance for me, fishing makes me cry of boredom but thanks for the info! I guess I could spend more time and ignore the mythic since the only one I like is for lolpup which I barely use, but still I'd love to make some relic 99 and I'm kinda not into farming for a months since well...It kinda made sense in 2008 to spend months if not years on something like that, nowadays I'm just into easier things since I don't have much time.

Real issue for ls is that I'm eu based and most of the good ones on ragna iirc are NA so yeah, I tend to HAVE to do lowman stuff...

thanks for the info guys btw
    who ever claimed he sid ADL with just 1PT and no mules RELIABLE is lying. you need at least 5 very good DDs 1 SCH 1COR 1BRD 1 SMN to do it reliable once (with luck twice if the COR can reset 2Hours). even then he can still be a dick and destryo you.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Me and my buddy ( mnk and thf, both /dnc ) have been duoing dynamis valk and tav and we thought we were doing really well, then I read the dorp thread and blew my mind.

We consider >1.5m total a good haul... but I hear of people soloing 4m? What are we doing wrong?

Obviously get max TE and then we rotate JA stagger mobs in both zones.

Are we missing something here?
    One of you level BST, the other lvl DNC. Have the DNC go in with SJ restrictions, and try and proc white. Farm off DC mobs in Valk, (Funguar and Sheep and Treants), and when a Funguar or Sheep drops a Log or a Bud, go duo the Lost NM for potentially 1-2M boost to your run. There are MANY posts by me on how to solo the lost NM's, do some searching and you will find out what mobs, strategy and etc etc...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azlea Mhoone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So my wife and I are looking to come back to play after we quit 3 years ago and I went through the reactivation process to see if I could get my character back. After some back and forth with customer service my account was activated, good times. So my wife tries to reactivate and she's immediately told her character is long gone and no hope of recovering it. Now this doesn't make sense, her and I quit at the same time, deactivated at the same time, etc, etc. So what's why can't her account be recovered. Now she plans on calling customer service and talk to an actual person to try and get an answer. Does anyone else have a similar experience and how they may have gotten around it?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No personal experience but from all I read, just call again and get a different person.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Agree with Radec. going through recovery process a few times myself, the person you get wildly changes the answers you get. It's...unprofessional.

Someone used your wife toon's name?!
    Idk , just throwing out some idea and troll

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm just returning after about a 10 month hiatus. Looking for a LS on Odin. 99 PLD, SAM, THF. 90+ RDM, WAR. The 2 young LSs I was in before my break seem to have fallen apart, so I'm a free agent. Let me know if there are any friendly shells out there ^^

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Is it possible to solo Spharai's attestation/fragment as a BST?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Is it possible to solo Spharai's attestation/fragment as a BST?
    absolutely. bring 10-15 dawn mulsum for the attestation, though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I hate this game. I was doing so well about not wanting to come back for like a year, but nothing else can hold my interest and back I go again. >.> I really need to stop quitting, this is clearly the game I should be playing. =(

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast