Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 139 of 205 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast

Level your skill and enjoy pulling your hair out when you're 0/somestupidnumber on a spell. That's about the only certainty of BLU learning. But generally speaking, use physical stuff on high level enemies to expedite the process. If you're capable of surviving easily in Abyssea, a single elemental can last a while.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Your ability to learn X level spells is based on your blue magic skill. Stacking up skill beyond the minimum seems to increase the chance of learning, but I doubt anyone has ever done any hard testing.

The elementals in abyssea can't teach you any spells, I'm not sure what the above poster is getting at.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post

The elementals in abyssea can't teach you any spells, I'm not sure what the above poster is getting at.
    Skilling up I think?

Skilling, yes. Just spam Foot Kick and such since they'll last a bit.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Or reives in Kamihr Drifts/wherever for the Ionis bonuses.
    Skilling staff with 5 healing/support trusts as SMN/SAM on structures at the moment is a joke.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Thanks for the comments here. Those elementals will work well and I figured I'd probably do reives eventually when skill slows down in Abyssea. Survival wouldn't be an issue with atmas or trusts. Having both is silly. Is there only one per zone or something though? I killed one in Altepa, then ran across probably 80% of the zone scanning and couldn't find another. Guess I found my answer, but at least it pops the same relative spot fairly quickly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Skill above the spell's level's cap definately helps with learn rates. I didn't learn a single spell until I had 450+ skill and the hands that help learning, and I went 1/1 on every single spell below 50. It wasn't until the 90s that I started going worse than 0/3.

BG Level

Yeah, haven't capped skill yet, but with merits and gear I'm up to nearly 490 now + the NQ AF gloves. It reminds me of when I helped friends in Aht Urgan days. Will these idiot mobs use the right move or not?

The "empty" mobs though are things I planned to skip and come back to. Can you learn the moves from the Abyssea Voidwalker NMs?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Probably, but why would you want to?

BG Level

I'd say for completion, but I'd be lying. I believe I saw one of them listed on a situational spell list somewhere, so figured it may be worth bothering with eventually.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, I mean why would you want to fight them in Abyssea? What's wrong with fighting them in Promyvion?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Real world time how long would it take to wait for a full moon? It's at Waning crescent currently. Forgot how specific this game loves to be aka shit for divine might 1

Think it's like 67 game days to go new > full. Game days are like 1.5% on the meter if I remember right.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

God damn, well fuck it then. Just do it when I have the chance to.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone know why my account on linkshell beta always says "The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later. "? Ive been trying to update my ffxi profile (it says invalid url for some reason) and since I came back it never lets me click on my account to update that.

Any ideas?

I am restarting after 5 yrs off. What server to start on and what's a good job for first one to max? Also who has a good worlds pass? I was told asura is busy server.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Anyone know why my account on linkshell beta always says "The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later. "? Ive been trying to update my ffxi profile (it says invalid url for some reason) and since I came back it never lets me click on my account to update that.

Any ideas?
    Had the same issue, problem was with the dual linkshell system. The solution was switching up the linkshell order (1 went to 2, 2 went to 1).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Yeah, haven't capped skill yet, but with merits and gear I'm up to nearly 490 now + the NQ AF gloves. It reminds me of when I helped friends in Aht Urgan days. Will these idiot mobs use the right move or not?

The "empty" mobs though are things I planned to skip and come back to. Can you learn the moves from the Abyssea Voidwalker NMs?
    Back in the day when I went to learn Self Destruct, I let a bomb beat on me for an hour. It used next to 100 Berserks before it chose to use Self Destruct. This was back when I would use the "focus on watching TV while letting mobs beat on me and occasionally check if the move had been used" method. that was highly irritating lol. It has 2 possible moves.

NOTE: It prolly would have been better to just kill bombs than let one beat on me for so long.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Are the three starting city Voidwatch NMs up to Tier IV soloable at 99 with Trusts for assistance? I've got NIN, PUP, MNK, and BLM at 99 with not amazing gear since I haven't played much in almost three years, but it was top tier more or less when VW came out. SMN and SCH are not far from 99. None of my jobs have >5 Job Points as of yet.

I'd like to get Blade: Hi and Victory Smite for outside Abyssea (and with decent weapons 85 Kannagi and 99 WoE H2H DPS are terrible). I've only got 4/5 Shijin and 1/5 Shun otherwise.

I can ask some friends for help, but we all work different schedules so that's not ideal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yes. You should be able to do them pretty much with autoattack and 5 trusts.

For weapons, simplest upgrade is to Sparks weapons. If you are willing to spend half an hour farming Bayld, Homestead weapons are also easily obtained on most servers.