Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    absolutely. bring 10-15 dawn mulsum for the attestation, though.
    What pet? Yuly?

Banned.

BG Level

sick double posts

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure on attestation, but you can do fragment with falcor with like...5 heals or less. Sath and I duo'd his fragment and literally used 1 cure each. Hell, not even sure if he used one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've given most of the posts a quick read and have some question of my own.

I stopped playing early last year before voidwatch was released. I've read through the returning players guide on wiki and it seems like for me to be able to do anything like voidwatch, legion, dynamis would require a massive overhaul of gear and a big timesink into being able to update said gear, key items etc. My old shell has 6-8 people still left in it that I can play with, but another issue is that i'm going to be able to play a little on weekends at least for the next 2-3 months. Does it seem like it would be worth it?

I have thf, rdm, blm and nin at 90 i think and some others still at 75, but seeing as bst can solo a ton of stuff, combined with my limited playtime, i might go for that.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
    Does it seem like it would be worth it?
    I'd say just re-up for a month and see. You could cap out bst and thf rly quick and be able to get shit done when you're on even if you're limited on time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Oh, and how long would it take for me to level dnc and bst to 49 and 99 respectively from level 1, with all the new fov/gov stuff?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
    Oh, and how long would it take for me to level dnc and bst to 49 and 99 respectively from level 1, with all the new fov/gov stuff?
    DNC to 49 in a Saturday if there is a decent GoV Gusgen party going on. Bst to 99 in a single day if you can afford an Abyssea leach pt and have limit breaks done.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azlea Mhoone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So it used to be you could go up the tree and fight crabs to skill up things, break weapons, all that fun stuff. Now that I'm leveling so fast on things that will never give me a skill up, where does one go to skill up various combat skills now?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Crabs in abyssea grauberg usually, north of flux 4

If you want to cap outside abyssea(no atma selection, no stones, have to afk lots and lose time), http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Crab is a pretty solid list. Start at at least kuftal/boyahda ground floor, and move up as needed. Something like Robber Crab > Soot Crab(Do Zeruhn GoV for these + some bats and cross fingers for a skillup ring) > Duriumshell would do it.

You can hit the lvl99 cap for any weapon on duriumshells in vunk_s, Viseclaws in Boyahda might be faster once you pass the lvl93 cap for the weapon.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I like the BG Wiki page for new, or returning players the only thing I will disagree on that I read is that you can't build a relic weapon in 2 months if you farm dynamis every day. Depending on the server that you are on then it could happen, but I can tell you not on Asura, unless your buying gil, and or doing the cruor to gil exchange, or have multiple toons to use to farm dynamis. I try to farm every day around the same time since I really only farm dynamis-buburimu, but as of late I've been noticing more, and more people are spamming that zone. I usually see the select handful of people in the zone that I see on daily basis, but now more new players are entering the zone, and causing major over camping. I don't mind the regulars, but I can't stand the new ppl that are coming in the zone, and causing the over camping. A good example I entered dynamis-buburimu when there were 6 ppl in the zone including me within 5 mins there were 20 ppl. That's the only problem I have I know SE has requirements for entering, but I feel they need to add new requirements, but only for new players like not allowing them to do these events for a month.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

2months assumes a pretty optimistic haul/day sure, but there are always other ways (voidwatch for plates/dross/cinder/cells, blinkers, salvage if you can get DC'd in, campaign for AN > voiddust) to make money other than dynamis. Sure it gets crowded, but by altering your mob choice/entry time/proc style you can improve quite a bit as well.

I'd say.. try another zone. I'm not a huge bubu fan, even when valk is crowded the mobs are closer and more pops, plus few nearby beastmen to fill gaps. Clearly depends on your server though for where gets packed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BootsToAsses View Post
    I like the BG Wiki page for new, or returning players the only thing I will disagree on that I read is that you can't build a relic weapon in 2 months if you farm dynamis every day. Depending on the server that you are on then it could happen, but I can tell you not on Asura, unless your buying gil, and or doing the cruor to gil exchange, or have multiple toons to use to farm dynamis. I try to farm every day around the same time since I really only farm dynamis-buburimu, but as of late I've been noticing more, and more people are spamming that zone. I usually see the select handful of people in the zone that I see on daily basis, but now more new players are entering the zone, and causing major over camping. I don't mind the regulars, but I can't stand the new ppl that are coming in the zone, and causing the over camping. A good example I entered dynamis-buburimu when there were 6 ppl in the zone including me within 5 mins there were 20 ppl. That's the only problem I have I know SE has requirements for entering, but I feel they need to add new requirements, but only for new players like not allowing them to do these events for a month.
    Bubu seems to get over-camped very easily. If there are too many people fighting over EP mobs, move to DC mobs, most people are too terrified to try them. Try other zones, Valkurm is nice if you avoid EP Hippogryphs for Bronze (DC Hippos or Sheep).

Banned.

BG Level

Bubu can't support as many people as Valk, that's for sure. Bubu with 6 people on EPs feels like Valk with at least twice that many.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or if they would just instance it.. that'd be cool.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dngnhack View Post
    Or if they would just instance it.. that'd be cool.
    everyone says this since years in FFXI, yes it would be a nice thing, but it seems impossible. There are no instances in FFXI. Get over it finally. (even salvage/nyzul isle isnt instanced, when there are enough groups doing it at the same time you cant get in, its just a pseudo instance).

Sorry I thought the thread I was directed to upon registering was this one and the post I made was more for this thread than just hello I am lurker turned member thread so I am cutting and pasting that post here. Admins believe me this is not a spamming attempt. Duck and cover.

Hello all. I used to have a character on Seraph, hopefully still do, but I see that Seraph is gone so I have a question. Will my character be placed on some server of SE's choice or will I get to choose from among the remaining servers? Now assuming I get to choose does anyone know of a server with a large concentration of players from the old Seraph server. I had to stop because for some reason my password changed and I could not find my book from my original install. I thought it was destroyed when the sump pump failed during a heavy rainy period. But I recently found it and after comparing what Bard, my favorite/main almost always asked for by the LS, on FF14 and FF11 I decided that if I could get my old account going and all my gear, etc. had not been sold/ripped off to try a comeback after 3 years off. Just think how behind I will be with only 6 jobs at level 75. Heck I still don't know if I need to do some new level breaker with Maat.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have on servers.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You'll have been moved to Bismarck, if you're just going to start from scratch, that's where you'll find most old seraph players.

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    You'll have been moved to Bismarck, if you're just going to start from scratch, that's where you'll find most old seraph players.
    Thanks for the reply. I hope my email to SE get answered tomorrow and that my password is changed. I think I will feel bad in a way since my children's could not be reactivated since we lost those books, but they need to take care of my grandchildren and make a few more so I can't feel to bad about it I guess.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: New or Returning Players Discussion 2: SoA Homeless Veterans Edition

I got the information to reset my password when I came back in June and they decided to take their sweet-assed time with resetting it and contaacting me so I essentially brute forced what I could remember of my POL ID and went through some of the password I've went through during the years. F SE customer service.

OK. Need some help SE said they reset the password and I have a SE account that says my FFXI account is linked to it. But I may need to change something first shot might be the viewer. The POL viewer says it is 1.18.15e can anyone verify that this is the current viewer? It appeared to be updated the first time I tried to login a few days ago. I am expecting a passive download if I get logged in since the FFXI files mostly seem to be from 10/11/09.

With the current viewer it seems to login but says I need a SE account to get logged in and directs me to SE. I can login to my SE account no problem but I don't see what I need to do.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast