Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 143 of 205 FirstFirst ... 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    it does

proof: main char mostly 80/80, ~15 slips mostly full, 27s zone load time. mule char, same storages mostly 80/80, 0 slips, 17s zone load time.
    'mostly 80/80' isn't remotely scientific. The delay loading is due to the max size of each udp packet the server sends you. If you have more real storages(safe, locker, etc) full, you'll need more item update packets to finish loading, and it will take longer in direct proportion. A mule with few enough items to fit in one udp packet will not see the item loading icon at all if zoning into an empty zone(more player updates/mob updates can fill the packet and spread it into 2 if the zone is busy). Note also that in your 'test', the faster load time entered the mog house(the smallest load of any zone!) and one character's hp bar is loaded while the other isn't.

Storage slips' data is all inside the slips item entry, stored as bitflags in the 28 extra bytes at the end of the item. Whether they're empty or full, you receive the same 28 bytes for the item regardless. Storage slips absolutely DO NOT effect your load time in any way.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

What he said, Slips don't affect your load time any more than replacing it with an Echo Drop would.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification. As a side note, the more I learn about the implementation of FFXI, the more I feel like it's unmaintainable nightmare. It's like every new feature gets haphazardly bolted onto the side of it. I wonder if the servers in their current states could even tolerate 2004 era subscription numbers.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I recently got back into playing after many years away. Last stuff I did was abyssea and voidwatch. I feel like I kind of hit a wall in terms of getting gear. For SMN, would I be best soloing capacity points before attempting things solo?
    Just an idea of what I've done so far: finished WoTG, working on SoA(on the 3-6-3 fight right now), up to 3-1-4 in RoV, upgraded my most of my AF2 to glyphic, gotten some merits and capacity points, gotten the JSE cape
    That sounds like so much less than it felt lol.

So ya, any tips on how I should progress?

Also, anyone with an active casual-friendly LS on Bahamut?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    So I recently got back into playing after many years away. Last stuff I did was abyssea and voidwatch. I feel like I kind of hit a wall in terms of getting gear. For SMN, would I be best soloing capacity points before attempting things solo?
    Just an idea of what I've done so far: finished WoTG, working on SoA(on the 3-6-3 fight right now), up to 3-1-4 in RoV, upgraded my most of my AF2 to glyphic, gotten some merits and capacity points, gotten the JSE cape
    That sounds like so much less than it felt lol.

So ya, any tips on how I should progress?

Also, anyone with an active casual-friendly LS on Bahamut?
    Get Seraphicaller for SMN. Start with some Helios or if someone can let you mooch abjs, those work too.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Best way to silt farm on BLM?

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Best way to silt farm on BLM?
    -ga the world.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Get Seraphicaller for SMN. Start with some Helios or if someone can let you mooch abjs, those work too.
    I've never done the fights before. Are the very easy versions of like Ouryu2 and whatnot solo-able with trusts? Or do I need to find a group? Assuming the skirmish stuff for Helios requires a group?

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've never done the fights before. Are the very easy versions of like Ouryu2 and whatnot solo-able with trusts? Or do I need to find a group? Assuming the skirmish stuff for Helios requires a group?
    should be able to clear all VE bcnm with ilvl115+ trusts, as long as dmg is being dealt and no one is dying.
    some will be tricky, though. particularly ones with pets, like ouryu, and ones where you have to switch targets, like gessho.

alluvion skirmish is 3 people to be safe: 1 person book and 2 ppl to each run opposite directions from start.

Not a question or anything. Just finished up the last of the RoV missions, and it was just so perfect. I was completely speechless throughout the credits. I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING. SHUT UP.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

So I recently came back and thought gearing up would be really daunting. I had old abyssea gear and not even +2 of that stuff when I quit. I get my trusts and then set off to discover the Eminence stuff and I thought farming sparks would be some big chore. Nope! Apparently I can get back credit for all the shit I've done in the game and easily have enough sparks and then some to buy all the 117 stuff I need. Obviously this isn't the best in the game but it is a huge step up from the "junk" I was wearing! Suddenly gearing up doesn't seem so daunting anymore.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Indeed. Just checking off the RoE for completed missions and jobs leveled and artifact quests will get you a substantial amount to at least get a couple 117 sets. From there you should be able to start upgrading AF/relic/empyrean and get skirmish gear. Welcome back.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The drop rate isnt so great, but higher chance at harder levels. I'd see if anyone can help you do a few harder ones. Seraphicaller is going to be extremely helpful and almost never comes off (except for precast stuff, etc).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    So I recently came back and thought gearing up would be really daunting. I had old abyssea gear and not even +2 of that stuff when I quit. I get my trusts and then set off to discover the Eminence stuff and I thought farming sparks would be some big chore. Nope! Apparently I can get back credit for all the shit I've done in the game and easily have enough sparks and then some to buy all the 117 stuff I need. Obviously this isn't the best in the game but it is a huge step up from the "junk" I was wearing! Suddenly gearing up doesn't seem so daunting anymore.
    If you've got any friends/gil left over from before you quit, you could probably learn how to operate the book in Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish and go straight into that gear (even the base stats completely dunk sparks shit) to hold you over until you get into more endgamey stuff

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Udo Kaputnik
    FFXIV Server
    Phoenix
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Another one thinking of making a slight return here while I wait for XIV 3.2. Last quit just after SoA launched.
    Possibly just wrapping up WotG and the new missions, possibly SoA too if it can be done low man or solo?
    I'm looking for a comfy way to stroll through story and new content rather than an actual challenge at this point.

Not planning on going hardcore or even joining a big LS but I have a few friends in-game and in a similar situation.
    I've been reading through this thread for clues, but it's a lot of stuff to take in so I might have missed some obvious stuff.

Got BST, WHM, BLM, RDM, SAM at 99. DRK and WAR > 75. Most have emp armor pieces in some state, but no REM.
    Also got myself decked out in fugly spark gear mixed and matched with old stuff (need to setup gearswaps again, yay).

Starting to think that focusing on BST might be a good option, but I have a few questions (ofc):

What's the goto pet(s) for solo/low-man?
    I preferred LL back then, at least when TH wasnt needed.
    Are jug pets even a thing anymore?
    Is normal fighting at 99 even a thing anymore?

Is BST a stupid idea? I really don't have any preferences, I'm here for the game more than the gameplay.

Any starter ilvl WS gear I could aim for without going too deep in the new stuff?
    Or should I pretty much fulltime sparks for now (it's way better than my old WS gear)?

Any "catchup" method or grind nerfs to the old REMs?
    ...or do I have to go through the whole grind if I want one now?

Are there any upgrade plans for trial weapons? I got the TP bonus GKT but I guess that was a dead end?

Any use for old currency like bay-whatever, cruor, etc?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    If you've got any friends/gil left over from before you quit, you could probably learn how to operate the book in Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish and go straight into that gear (even the base stats completely dunk sparks shit) to hold you over until you get into more endgamey stuff
    Hmm, I will check it out. Thanks!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaputnik View Post
    Any "catchup" method or grind nerfs to the old REMs?
    ...or do I have to go through the whole grind if I want one now?

Are there any upgrade plans for trial weapons? I got the TP bonus GKT but I guess that was a dead end?

Any use for old currency like bay-whatever, cruor, etc?
    The only shortcuts they put in for that stuff are the -1 WoE weapons - you need either the 90 Empyrean or 99 WoE weapon to unlock the Empyrean WS (also need to be up to/past the Jeuno Voidwatch path). You can grab -1 weapons from the crate that only need coins/dice/residue, no NM camping. If you have the old ones, they take less of those materials. Still only get the 99, which has no use other than learning the WS.

As an alternative/expansion of Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish for gearing up, Escha Zi'Tah T1s are generally not very difficult, and have a guaranteed drop slot (you can wind up with no drop, but only really if it was gonna be the accessory and everyone already has it). Skirmish is still easier by far, but is completely random, both in drops and augments. While I wouldn't suggest Escha NMs in Sparks gear, if you have a fairly decently geared friend or two, they can probably tackle some of those T1s (and possibly some Ru'Aun ones as well) with trusts.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The only shortcuts they put in for that stuff are the -1 WoE weapons - you need either the 90 Empyrean or 99 WoE weapon to unlock the Empyrean WS (also need to be up to/past the Jeuno Voidwatch path). You can grab -1 weapons from the crate that only need coins/dice/residue, no NM camping. If you have the old ones, they take less of those materials. Still only get the 99, which has no use other than learning the WS.

As an alternative/expansion of Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish for gearing up, Escha Zi'Tah T1s are generally not very difficult, and have a guaranteed drop slot (you can wind up with no drop, but only really if it was gonna be the accessory and everyone already has it). Skirmish is still easier by far, but is completely random, both in drops and augments. While I wouldn't suggest Escha NMs in Sparks gear, if you have a fairly decently geared friend or two, they can probably tackle some of those T1s (and possibly some Ru'Aun ones as well) with trusts.
    If you had a few friends with sparks gear do you think the Escha T1s are doable? Or would you still suggest maybe the path of getting skirmish gear then attempting Escha stuff? Myself and another friend has recently returned (trying to talk another 1 or 2 people into coming back and hanging out) and trying to get an idea of what we can accomplish.

Also, is there a fairly easy offhand to get for a Thief? I got the sparks gear + eminent dagger, but using kind of a crummy offhand right now until I can find something better.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can jump from sparks to Escha ZiTah, but probably not Reisenjima unless everyone else in your group is geared.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I've noticed a number of ui changes since coming back to the game. One of the things I haven't been able to figure out yet is the down arrow on augmented items. I assume that is like a scrolling option for more stats or something? For instance I have my old Moogle legs but I can't see the augments on them, what do I need to do to see them? Or does the down arrow mean something else entirely?