Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 146 of 205 FirstFirst ... 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do the Very Easy Phantom Gem fights really drop weapons/ammo/armor? I'm like 0 for....12?

They need to bring back that doubled EXP thing.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone ever had the problem with seeing their pet attack on screen? I can in the log it is, but i get no animations

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    Do the Very Easy Phantom Gem fights really drop weapons/ammo/armor? I'm like 0 for....12?
    Far as I know they can, just at a very low rate (want to say something in the 1-5% range). Even Normal is maybe around a 50% rate, which can result in streaks of no equipment drops. If you're doing VE/E for gear, expect to do quite a lot of runs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Is there some trick to getting coins/dice/etc to drop more frequently from Walk of Echoes? Or is it just all rng? It feels like farming dynamis or some other gil making activity (and then buying what I need from bazaars) would be better spent time than trying to get decent drop rates on coins from WoE to unlock the Empyrean WS I am after.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's no trick, and yes, farming gil and buying the dice/coins/residue is always faster than farming them directly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post

They need to bring back that doubled EXP thing.
    Even easy is pretty bad. I did a lot of easy for awhile and yeah I was getting like 1/30 most the time. You want to do normal or higher which isn't too bad now with trusts

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Have some questions about R/M/E weapon options. One of the driving reasons of coming back was to potentially finish a mainhand weapon option for my Paladin (already have Aegis from before I quit). I thought with as easy as Dynamis is now I would make an Excalibur, but based on stats alone it seems totally outclassed by Burtgang. So to try to keep it short and sweet, Burtgang looks like a pretty involved path that I am not totally sure is soloable (primary concern is einherjar/odin). Given how easy currency is to come by, does it make any sense to make an Excal or should I just go straight for a Burtgang?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Excal is bad. A lot of the newer swords blow it out of the water.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pretty sure they either removed the player minimum that caused the shortened fight duration on Odin, or it gets removed through Rhapsodies. Either way, soloing Einherjar shouldn't be a concern

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Pretty sure they either removed the player minimum that caused the shortened fight duration on Odin, or it gets removed through Rhapsodies. Either way, soloing Einherjar shouldn't be a concern
    Ah ok, thanks. Sounds like Burtgang it is!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm pretty sure the minimum is still there; the only thing RoV did to it was reduce cooldown to an hour instead of a day.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I'm pretty sure the minimum is still there; the only thing RoV did to it was reduce cooldown to an hour instead of a day.
    It was removed in September.

Time limitations when entering Einherjar with a party of five or fewer players have been abolished.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do each of the "Gifts" from Job Points stack? When I got Physical Defense bonus it was +8. Is the second +12 an additional 12 or 12 total added? What about Capacity Point bonuses?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yes they stack.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I first got a Lunette ring+1 for an alt that was lacking D ring and some other options. I've kinda kept to it because I like it, but I'm starting to think it's not nearly as useful as I'd like to think. I have d ring now, so what would be the best 2nd ring for MDT?

Also, I see some new food has been released, what's the breakdown on foods for what's cheap to use and throw away and what's best for longer fights these days?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    So I first got a Lunette ring+1 for an alt that was lacking D ring and some other options. I've kinda kept to it because I like it, but I'm starting to think it's not nearly as useful as I'd like to think. I have d ring now, so what would be the best 2nd ring for MDT?

Also, I see some new food has been released, what's the breakdown on foods for what's cheap to use and throw away and what's best for longer fights these days?
    for MDT? Prolly a perfect or near perfect augmented Dark Ring from abyssea konschtat with BDT and MDT -6 on each (the MDT augment on dark ring also accounts for breath dmg makeing it -12)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For whatever dumb reason, re-installed last night. Don't know how much I"ll actually play, but whatever. A few things I want to do for fun. I apparently have 2 red mog pells. Gonna see if my mules have any so I can redeem one for a trizek ring. Anything else I should pick?

Also, is there a server most of you guys are on, or are you all scattered. I currently have nobody!

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Kupofried is the #1 Red Mog Pell pick. Even if he didn't give CP/EXP bonuses, just look at him.

Is there any easy way to know when Magic Damage, MAB or INT is the best? I know as a general rule you want to stack more magic damage+ on low base damage things like tier 1 nukes or helices, but is there enough magic damage on gear now that there's a tipping point where adding more base damage stops being as efficient?

Also, what the heck is going on with enmity nowadays? Feels like Provoke is incredibly powerful now and damage gets barely any aggro.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't know of an easy way unless the spell is Death (comparisons as to what gear is best doesn't depend on mob stats) although I can't think of many situations where you're actually faced with this decision. Usually the best gear for things is a blowout in all categories. I admit my scope is somewhat limited though, I have only geared BLM since I returned. If you're looking for gear recommendations, head to FFXIAH. There is good info there.