Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Go to settings when you're logging in POL viewer, you need to bind your SE account to your POL account.

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Go to settings when you're logging in POL viewer, you need to bind your SE account to your POL account.
    Is there something more than putting in my SE ID and saying to use the one-time password because unless there is I think it is already bound.

Can someone post gearsets on what they use for RDM nowadays? I'm just trying to get a feel for how most people balanced stats > skill > magic accuracy, etc. That is if anyone still plays RDM, hahaha

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
    Can someone post gearsets on what they use for RDM nowadays? I'm just trying to get a feel for how most people balanced stats > skill > magic accuracy, etc. That is if anyone still plays RDM, hahaha
    First of all, very few people still play RDM because it just isn't a viable job right now (refresh isn't necessary, convert is subbable, enfeebles don't stick, or if they do other jobs can already cast them almost as well, etc.). But anyway, assuming you're talking about enfeebles, for most things you can just go all out stats. Assuming you have RDM Empyrean+2 gear, most of your best MND gear is going to have a lot of m.acc/enfeebling skill on it anyway, so you really shouldn't have any resist issues if your skill is capped. Anything that resists is either going to be completely immune or is going to need to be Immunobreak-ed until it doesn't resist anymore. Obviously you'll want an accuracy set for ones that don't have potency (sleep, silence, bind, etc.), but like I said above, should be a lot of overlap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was so let down when I found out RDM was useless. It was my favorite job and my most dedicated job. I really hope the new expansion removes the mindless Zerg-and-spam fights that aren't even fun. It's like hitting a test dummy in WoW. I miss playing a real game .

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Haven't been to BG in years.

I'm coming back to FFXI after a 8ish month break and have some questions... When I quit I had 4-5 jobs at 99, pretty much everything was at 75 if I remember right. Began playing in January of 04? Oldschool end gamer, etc.

#1: When I quit I didn't have any +2 Abyssea gear, just +1 but did have Twlight gear. Is it any easier to get the +2 now?

#2: Is there anything MAJOR I need to know about since 8 months ago?

#3: I know there use to be a link here on BG for the FFXI soundtrack, is there still one around where I can download the whole thing with all the songs up to current?

#4: Can I get some guides on how to enhance my graphics? I hated using draw distance and got made fun of for it but I liked making the graphics look as smooth as possible. I liked playing in full screen mode but with the windower enabled. Do they still keep it up and developed? I'm talking the third party one to be clear. I know there were some ways you could tweak the graphics to make it look really smooth and much better.

#5: I'm about to order a new copy of Windows 7 for my desktop so I can play FFXI again (had a HD crash on me some time back, lost all my macros, etc). Should I go with 32 or 64 bit or does it matter?

#6: I never got the stupid Dynamis Lord win, some how, even though I killed pretty much everything else short of AV. I would really love to get that win just to see the final Dynamis cut scene. Does anyone do him anymore and is he any easier?

#7: I would love to get my Captain rank in assault. I was first Lieutenant but the one assault I could never beat was Lebros Supplies. Is there any way to get this done and or is it any easier? I think I need to kill the flying chair dude with the skulls and the Khimaira one too... Is there any way to get this done?

#8: I was having trouble getting the WOTG missions and nation quests done, finding a party for them anymore was really difficult. Are these any easier to get done now? I really want to finish WOTG and all of it's story lines before Adoulin comes out.

#9: I heard Square Enix made it to where you can transfer a character off of one account to another with proper verification- as in, it's own account, so that if you have a friend, loved one or family member try the game and begin on your account then level it up and decide they want to play side by side with you they are able to make it into it's own account and do so. Is this true?

#10: I heard they added more macro lines, is this true?

#11: Do they still use the playonline viewer at all to log in? If not, how's that done- especially with the windower now?

I guess that's all I can come up with for now, might remember some others but for now this is all I need to know. Thank you much for any help in advance!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Haven't been to BG in years.

Spoiler: show
    I'm coming back to FFXI after a 8ish month break and have some questions... When I quit I had 4-5 jobs at 99, pretty much everything was at 75 if I remember right. Began playing in January of 04? Oldschool end gamer, etc.

#1: When I quit I didn't have any +2 Abyssea gear, just +1 but did have Twlight gear. Is it any easier to get the +2 now?

#2: Is there anything MAJOR I need to know about since 8 months ago?

#3: I know there use to be a link here on BG for the FFXI soundtrack, is there still one around where I can download the whole thing with all the songs up to current?

#4: Can I get some guides on how to enhance my graphics? I hated using draw distance and got made fun of for it but I liked making the graphics look as smooth as possible. I liked playing in full screen mode but with the windower enabled. Do they still keep it up and developed? I'm talking the third party one to be clear. I know there were some ways you could tweak the graphics to make it look really smooth and much better.

#5: I'm about to order a new copy of Windows 7 for my desktop so I can play FFXI again (had a HD crash on me some time back, lost all my macros, etc). Should I go with 32 or 64 bit or does it matter?

#6: I never got the stupid Dynamis Lord win, some how, even though I killed pretty much everything else short of AV. I would really love to get that win just to see the final Dynamis cut scene. Does anyone do him anymore and is he any easier?

#7: I would love to get my Captain rank in assault. I was first Lieutenant but the one assault I could never beat was Lebros Supplies. Is there any way to get this done and or is it any easier? I think I need to kill the flying chair dude with the skulls and the Khimaira one too... Is there any way to get this done?

#8: I was having trouble getting the WOTG missions and nation quests done, finding a party for them anymore was really difficult. Are these any easier to get done now? I really want to finish WOTG and all of it's story lines before Adoulin comes out.

#9: I heard Square Enix made it to where you can transfer a character off of one account to another with proper verification- as in, it's own account, so that if you have a friend, loved one or family member try the game and begin on your account then level it up and decide they want to play side by side with you they are able to make it into it's own account and do so. Is this true?

#10: I heard they added more macro lines, is this true?

#11: Do they still use the playonline viewer at all to log in? If not, how's that done- especially with the windower now?

I guess that's all I can come up with for now, might remember some others but for now this is all I need to know. Thank you much for any help in advance!

1. It's neither harder nor easier than it was when you quit. Actually, it might be harder to find people to go with, since a lot have moved on from Abyssea.

2. Nothing comes to mind really, others might be able to fill you in here.

3. No idea.

4. Don't think there are any new ways to enhance your graphics, going to assume you already did this when you last played: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Graphics. Windower and it's plugins are still being maintained, yes.

5. No idea.

6. People still do Dynamis Lord because you need an item from him to pop Arch Dynamis Lord, which drops the upgrade item for 99 relic weapons. He's a joke now.

7. I'd suggest shouting if you don't have anyone that can help you with those assaults.

8. WoTG mission line is pretty much soloable, only a very few requires help. That was the case 8 months ago too btw. Nation missions? Soloable with ease I'd say (I soloed Windurst mission line at level 90).

9. Not true.

10. Not true.

11. POL is still being used to log in, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Auleisbombadil View Post
    Is there something more than putting in my SE ID and saying to use the one-time password because unless there is I think it is already bound.
    Ok the problem was my SE account was setup before the accounts had to be transfered to it. So now that I can get in once I put in a card, I want to find out if any of the olde areas I used to play in including WoTG have had any monster level changes to go with the new Genkai levels? And if there are any changes if there are maps available that show the area boundaries for mobs above level 75 party level.?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Came back to the game to play casually on JST time, but haven't really found an active group. Anyone around on Asura that plays durin that time that wants to team up? I guess In the end though, maybe im a bit too casual or this game anymore.

edit: fixed it

What's the deal with this clusterfuck known as WotG and Abyssea expansion packs? lol When I left in like mid-07, I was too poor to buy WotG for the 2 jobs and (at the time) lack of worthy content. So, now, I need it with all the addons, well now I only need reg codes thanks to torrents and the FFXI-Update packs.

Is there really no other option besides paying $20 for everything on Steam/Amazon? I just assumed that the 1 expansion+addons would be $10 by now. They have the option to buy codes on SE's account management, yet all the addons are hilariously priced at $10 each lol

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Is there really no other option besides paying $20 for everything on Steam/Amazon? I just assumed that the 1 expansion+addons would be $10 by now. They have the option to buy codes on SE's account management, yet all the addons are hilariously priced at $10 each lol
    They used to have sales all the time (see here), but I haven't seen one in a while. Unfortunately, I doubt there will be another anytime soon, the only possible exception being during a holiday sale.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Steam's holiday sale is just a few weeks off, so if you're patient you can wait till then. You're best served just plopping the 10 bucks each now, though.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Steam's holiday sale is just a few weeks off, so if you're patient you can wait till then. You're best served just plopping the 10 bucks each now, though.
    Since they also need WotG, there's no reason to neglect purchasing the entire package at $20. If they bought all of the add-ons and WotG separately, that would be $70.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

ah right, some reason i had a brainfart and thought the abyssea expacs were sold as a group now. my bad.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

10mazon usually will sell it for $10-15 if you check there when holiday prices come around. thats where I got my mules exp from

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

FFXI comes up a lot on Steam. You may not even have to wait til the holidays.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Auleisbombadil View Post
    Ok the problem was my SE account was setup before the accounts had to be transfered to it. So now that I can get in once I put in a card, I want to find out if any of the olde areas I used to play in including WoTG have had any monster level changes to go with the new Genkai levels? And if there are any changes if there are maps available that show the area boundaries for mobs above level 75 party level.?
    There are new mobs in some old dungeons.Gwynplaine has some nice maps here http://parchmentpaper.blogspot.co.uk/

Is it worth coming back now or should I wait for the new expansion? I quit when the level cap was raised to 80, was never really into abyssea either.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhusky View Post
    Is it worth coming back now or should I wait for the new expansion? I quit when the level cap was raised to 80, was never really into abyssea either.
    you might wanna come back now, so you can prepare yourself for SoA, there is alot ot do after lvl 80. exping your jobs to 99, getting empy +2 armor, getting 1-2 empy weapons for your jobs (or more) getting the limit quests done, and rearranging your merits since the merit change (not to mention meriting the new WSs). and finishing WotG mission line of course, which is pritty much soloable on some jobs at lvl 99

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast