Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 205 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

I just have to say, after coming back from a 5yr hiatus, all this shit is super-overwhelming to me now lol I can't imagine starting from scratch. You would move so fast from 1-99 that you'd really never get to experience FFXI's best qualities: experiencing epic missions/quests with your franz.

IMO SE dumbed things down way too far on EXP by allowing you to enter abyssea at lv30. I used to hate on the artificial level caps in things like COP, but that was only because of the inventory hassle. It's too bad everything has been neutered, making everything non-lv99 feel cold or irrelevant.

With that said, thanks to the BG wiki for making things less painful in returning. I'll be content with being able to finish off the expansion packs and getting some closure, after all the manhours invested in sky, kings, dienamis, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    finishing WotG mission line of course, which is pritty much soloable on some jobs at lvl 99
    Which jobs might those be?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New or Returning Players Discussion 2: SoA Homeless Veterans Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhusky View Post
    anything melee that can heal himsela and for some missiona a mage job that can bomb cure npcs. the last mission would need you to be bst or a DD & healer.

typing on cellphone sucks

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'd love to come back again but the last two times I tried that, at 85 and 99 update, it just never worked out.

I was such a noob at everything.

After my first day, I was seriously feeling buyer's remorse lol Really, the only way to enjoy the new changes is to take it in small doses. I set very basic goals for myself and try to get as far as I can - whether it's exp'ing or just sorting through the mountain of obsolete shit in my inventory lol I got lucky with having 1 good friend to hook me up with a friendly, small LS and I also learned a huge amount of info from a friggin Mentor to atleast make sure I had Abyssea started lol

I still have a ton of questions, but my main trouble is deciding what job to take to 99 first to farm Dienamis/Solo COP and etc. I'm basically leveling BLM RNG DRK at the same time now, depending on the need of the exp PTs lol My RNG was able to taste the first worm exp orgasm and got that to Lv81 in just a few hours with 15 merits lol

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

BST can't solo some of the guiding NPC missions, you will need to be on BLM to sleep the quadavs, because they butt fuck your NPC. I did it was 2 BLMm and it was np

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    After my first day, I was seriously feeling buyer's remorse lol Really, the only way to enjoy the new changes is to take it in small doses. I set very basic goals for myself and try to get as far as I can - whether it's exp'ing or just sorting through the mountain of obsolete shit in my inventory lol I got lucky with having 1 good friend to hook me up with a friendly, small LS and I also learned a huge amount of info from a friggin Mentor to atleast make sure I had Abyssea started lol

I still have a ton of questions, but my main trouble is deciding what job to take to 99 first to farm Dienamis/Solo COP and etc. I'm basically leveling BLM RNG DRK at the same time now, depending on the need of the exp PTs lol My RNG was able to taste the first worm exp orgasm and got that to Lv81 in just a few hours with 15 merits lol
    Any job can solo in Dynamis now, it just comes down to how efficient you want to be doing so. Bst, thf, dnc are your best options for most coins per run, however you can go as any job really and sub dnc, and be fine if you stick to the EP mobs.. Solo CoP, drk will be more than ok, it's all uncapped now and nothing really will hit super hard, only thing you might need help on would be the final fight, but not 100% sure about that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I soloed a few by Embrava-ing the NPC(s) for the lulz.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So is it possible to solo to 99? Very casual play, lets say 1-2 hours a night. I asked this before 1.5 years or so ago but that was too specific (soloing in the desert on some of the books there or something). Was wondering if anything changed now.

Oh, I should list my primary interest jobs:

DRK, PLD, BST and maybe MNK and SAM

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    So is it possible to solo to 99? Very casual play, lets say 1-2 hours a night. I asked this before 1.5 years or so ago but that was too specific (soloing in the desert on some of the books there or something). Was wondering if anything changed now.

Oh, I should list my primary interest jobs:

DRK, PLD, BST and maybe MNK and SAM
    You can campaign still, max fights give 9k per fight now, might take ya some time but can get to 99. You can also do grounds/fields of valor and level that way through old dungeons (kill x amount of mobs, get xp reward and the xp amoung goes up each page you complete to a cap eventually) and you could kill things in Abyssea, but your xp/hour ratio won't be as good as if you were with a party since the xp chain goes up with each mob killed as long as it's the same family type. You also need to build lights, to get chests that increase xp, and time allowed in Abyssea, and you usually need some sort of mage or magic casting job like drk/pld, to kill with magic to get the azure light up. Beseiged when you catch it can give 15k xp for a level 8.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah thanks, so you can still do it like that. I went to wiki to check EXP required for like 90-91 and 98-99 and 55k exp doesn't seem like a big deal (as it was 44000 at 74>75 or something). With that in mind I absolutely do not mind slowly grinding out maybe 3 regimes a night for approx 1500 per hand in on top of EXP Ring bonus to get maybe 6 to 10k a night, on top of doing various other activities like Besieged and Campaign.

Thanks! While Abyssea does sound appealing, being in the EU timezone makes it almost impossible to find a good group unless I stay up until silly hours into the early morning. I'll do it when possible, like over a weekend, but I was just thinking during the weekdays.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I am a Homeless returning player. Looking for a LS on Shiva :\

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Shinebox!!
    heh I been thinking about xfering back to Shiva. Though my playtime is like 6 hours a week if that. hahah ffxi is totally diffrent than the old days..

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Thanks! While Abyssea does sound appealing, being in the EU timezone makes it almost impossible to find a good group unless I stay up until silly hours into the early morning. I'll do it when possible, like over a weekend, but I was just thinking during the weekdays.
    I don't know what it's like on other servers but there's been a minor backlash to RMT fell cleave shouts on Shiva and some people are setting up and running xp alliances which aren't paid for. There is interest there, even in EU times. I would say that Grounds of Valor or Campaign would probably be your best bet but on DRK for example you could probably build enough lights to in Aby to solo.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Heyo, any peeps left on Siren hook a brother up with an LS? Been away since June '11 and there's no one left. Soloing Glen crabs to level is fun. Not. Also I guess currency selling is the best way to get cash with the cruor nerfs?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FYI

FFXI Abyssea collection $12 on Amazon

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    $5 Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...&keywords=FFXI
    Buy buy buy!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    $5 Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...&keywords=FFXI
    Buy buy buy!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Been away for a few months, has anything gamechanging happened? Particularly with Nyzul stuff and Meeble Burrows (I left right before it was introduced"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Been away for a few years (09-early 2010) when Dark Ixion was like the only new thing around (whatever expansion that was). I've been wanting to come back mostly to redo the storylines/missions on a new char (I'm assuming my BLM got looted/RMTd after I gave it away). Basically, I mostly want to do the 3 cities, RoZ, CoP, ToAU, and WotG storylines. Don't really care about endgame or getting super geared anymore. I've got a couple of questions relating to it though:

Are BST or RDM/NIN still the go-to jobs for soloing content?
    Are Maat's level cap quests still around or did they remove those? If they haven't are they soloable?
    Is AF gear still some of the best for classes while leveling up/situationally mandatory? If so is there an easy way to get it or are you still stuck doing thing like going through Garliege and hoping people are there to open gates?

Any recommendations for a good active server? I used to play on Asura then Midgard for a few months but I don't think anyone I know still plays. Would it be worth recovering my old account assuming it was stripped of everything other than being a 75WHM, 75BLM and like 60 BRD with the R/Ex gear I had from way back in the day?

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 205 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast