Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 205 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

I'd suggest hitting up the hobo's guide in the OP, answers alot of those questions. And the last few pages have your Q's answered, that me and others have asked. I basically came back with the same intentions, too.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Buy buy buy!
    sigh.. just bought some mules for $12

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone Returning to game and considering Odin, I have a "returnee vets" ls I have started here. Its mostly for those of us who have been forced to start from scratch, but all returning players are welcome.

Hit up Herpaderp or Derpaherp in game.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Left quite a long time ago (before Abyssea) and just came back. I read through the posts in the OP. Took a while to understand what the hell was being talked about in some cases but I'm currently saving up stones and deciding to leave PLD, THF, RDM and COR at 75 and just focus on DRK and (maybe) SMN. Not sure which to level first but since Alexander was about one content update away when I left, I still need to get that too so probably DRK.

My question is what would be the priority list of things to do once you get started (1. unlock level cap, 2. get subjobs to right level, 3. do ___, etc, etc)? I luckily had 3 merits and 55 Kindred Seals left over from when I quit so I unlocked lvl 80 cap right away and have been working on getting all my DRK and SMN subs to 49. But I keep also seeing things about not being able to get a group unless you have a ___ and I have no idea when I need to be worrying about those things.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alesandir View Post
    Left quite a long time ago (before Abyssea) and just came back. I read through the posts in the OP. Took a while to understand what the hell was being talked about in some cases but I'm currently saving up stones and deciding to leave PLD, THF, RDM and COR at 75 and just focus on DRK and (maybe) SMN. Not sure which to level first but since Alexander was about one content update away when I left, I still need to get that too so probably DRK.

My question is what would be the priority list of things to do once you get started (1. unlock level cap, 2. get subjobs to right level, 3. do ___, etc, etc)? I luckily had 3 merits and 55 Kindred Seals left over from when I quit so I unlocked lvl 80 cap right away and have been working on getting all my DRK and SMN subs to 49. But I keep also seeing things about not being able to get a group unless you have a ___ and I have no idea when I need to be worrying about those things.
    getting your jobs are correct, after that you should focus on empyrean armor +2. unfortunatly DRK and SMN do next to nothign to speed up that process, you might want ot have NIN or THF (if solo, if you have a group that can help you DRK and SMN are fine). for abyssea you need one of the following jobs to get empyrean armor +2: NIN or WHM or BLU or BLM or THF (for seal hunting) for +2 hunting the same but really doesnt matter, just depends how many drops you want from NMs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Time for some nostalgia in my life, reactivating my 75BRD/MNK/THF account

So, I've found myself with some free time on my hands, and I'm wanting to burn some of it reliving the good ol days in FFXI. The last time I played was shortly before the Moogle expansions were released, so I have no jobs above 75, and for the time being, have no interest in leveling past there.

My questions are these; How often are the old endgame events still run, things like Dynamis, Limbus, Salvage and such? Is leveling 1-75 in any way drastically different? And finally, does Kazen still play on Bahamut?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They'll help you better over here: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...terans-Edition

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey Totien, what's up. I stopped playing when the level cap hit 95 but I still have my character.

If your sole purpose is to play lv75 content without evolving with it's current state then, I'm sorry, that FFXI is long dead. Old content is basically all solo/duo'd now, you're going to feel super alienated by the much smaller community and how things are done, most likely. If you still decide to want to come back, I feel it's very rewarding now to be able to play the game much more casually and independently.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Would I encounter many roadblocks these days if I were to pick drg for leveling/'maining' on a new character?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well, in terms of old content, no not really. Mostly anything can be done solo or with 2-3 people and jobs aren't really super important for that. Newer things like Neo Nyzul Isle and possibly Neo Salvage, maybe. Drg has gotten some decent upgrades over the years and if geared right can be pretty explosive but they're still behind drks, wars, sams, and mnks in terms of damage output. In Abyssea, they'd sort of be useless unless going for a blue proc, since war can cover the red proc drg would get, and in Voidwatch they have unique ws that war doesn't have access to but sam might, so they could be useful there.

But forget all that, if you want to play the job and enjoy it, do it. Don't shy away from it because you're worried about roadblocks or the few idiots that are living in 04 and still saying "loldrg" and not knowing better. You might not get endgame invites as fast as other jobs but it's not like before where you'll sit for hours lfg. Xp parties are done in alliances and take any and all jobs usually, and things like Voidwatch and Abyssea, most people try to get core jobs needed first and once they have those, grab whoever responds.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Moved to Sylph are there any linkshell's looking for members. Looking for a VW shell mainly I have access to all VWs dynamis zones etc... Name in game is Oneeightytwo.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Would I encounter many roadblocks these days if I were to pick drg for leveling/'maining' on a new character?
    No not really. WAR and DRK heavily favoured but definitely less loldrg than there used to be.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey all, just wondering if there's anyone on Fenrir who has a Linkshell I can join? I just started up again last night after several years absent, no max level characters or anything. Lemme know!

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This wasn't a bad place to ask, but you may have better luck here: http://www.bluegartr.com/forums/84-F...G-Members-Help

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I frequently see people shouting in Jeuno, both recruiting members and people looking to join a shell. If posting here doesn't help, you could either try shouting, or join a shout group for something like seals and casually slip in that you just came back and would like a Linkshell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have started an ls for returning players on Odin. The goal of the shell is to progress through older and current content, and to move on to the most challenging levels of content in game prior to the next expansion release. I would prefer self motivated players who are down to consistently be playing the game, vs. people who need everything scheduled and try to avoid doing content that doesn't benefit them or quit content when they have benefited from it. Not looking to babysit people or teach how to play the game beyond catching people up with changes and current content. Send PM here or hit me up in game on Herpaderp, Derpaherp, or Siat if you are interested at all.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got bored of Diablo 3 grinding and streaming so I came back for wtfeverfunsies. Fuck I forgot how to play all my jobs but I still know my way around jeuno like the back of my hand. >_>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

/looks around

/wanders off

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos