BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 183 of 205 FirstFirst ... 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is a little ridiculous at this point that there has been no official announcement, considering it has been happening for more than 10 hours.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

New or Returning Players Discussion 2: SoA Homeless Veterans Edition

Someone in my LS posted on FB something about Hurricanes going on in Japan?

Typhoon Malakas?
    They should have named it Typhoon Ultros

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I can't create a new thread because I haven't posted 10 times yet... So, when I logged in today my macro sets are all different. I think I remember them being like this a year back, maybe. Is there any .dat dumping thing that I can use to search for macros? I mean the macros I have now are macros that I once had. I think that means copies are kept somewhere.

Macros are saved clientside unless you specifically upload them to SE's server at character select. However, given the hurricane issue, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some unintended overwriting going on if they're somehow having to jigger connectivity between their servers. Unfortunately, your current ones are probably gone at this point.

The folder you want will be in the USER section. However, each character is given a unique number/letter mix, so you'd have to dig among them if you have mules or alt accounts, too. The files themselves would be like mcr1.dat.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think pebbles? should be able to access them, im sure thats a feature

Download from here: http://users.telenet.be/pebbles/downloads.html should still work

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You only get full credit towards rank up if doing an assignment from the highest rank available. But never seemed to big of a difference to go a level ro 2 down
    Well I did 17 Magante and 3 Advisor, and ranked to Legend. So there was either no penalty for doing 1 rank down, or the penalty for 1 rank down is so minimal that it still rounded up.

I figure theres no penalty for 1 rank down since the only Courrier assignments at Probationer and Partner are Provide's, which arent even doable once the FS is up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So I'm trying to get back into this game after not playing for ~5 years. Don't really have any intention getting into top endgame stuff, but I used to have a lot of fun doing solo/duo stuff around Abyssea time. Usually dualboxing with a NIN+WHM pair, clearing stuff on my own time, playing casually.

I've been hearing most of the game is more forgiving now with what's achievable through solo/duo/lowman content. What are my best options for that kind of playstyle nowdays? Is there any similar job pair that can handle most lower/mid tier stuff?

For reference, I'm starting off from 90 NIN/WAR/DRK on one character and 90 WHM on another. DNC and RUN look pretty interesting too, probably wouldn't mind picking those up at some point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

90 WHM -> 99 GEO
    90 NIN/WAR/DRK -> 99 BLU (or DNC or NIN or THF)

GEO+Melee+Trusts can dualbox the majority of Eschan mobs, either by abusing Indi-Vex/Geo-Attunement (which decreases the monster's Magic Accuracy and increases your Magic Evasion, thus letting you resist all magic damage / status effects), or by just using awesome melee buffs and killing super fast.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Maybe a stupid question, but why are you saying to take WHM or NIN/WAR/DRK to just 90?

I'm thinking of starting back up after years off, and can't decide whether to just start completely fresh (fun, but having to go through all the tedious basic quests again), or buy an older account where the basics are out of the way.

I always liked Pld, Thf, and Nin. Not sure how useful those are now.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but why are you saying to take WHM or NIN/WAR/DRK to just 90?

I'm thinking of starting back up after years off, and can't decide whether to just start completely fresh (fun, but having to go through all the tedious basic quests again), or buy an older account where the basics are out of the way.

I always liked Pld, Thf, and Nin. Not sure how useful those are now.
    After being discontented with the direction of FFXIV I have recently come back to FFXI. I originally played XI from launch until 2011, quitting to fully commit to XIV originally.

That being said, when I came back about 2 weeks ago I decided to start over fresh and I will say that it is not bad at all starting from the beginning with all of the QOL additions. I have actually had a great time going back through and experiencing the story from the start again, meeting people along the way and developing the friendships like I did long ago. It has truly been a breath of fresh air after all of the time I have spent in Eorzea, and I am left feeling like this game in its current state could actually be reasonably successful in today's market with the group of PVE players looking for a more social and thought provoking experience.

The graphics have actually aged fairly well also!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    He's telling the previous poster to level the characters with those specific jobsets into another specific jobsets. They left it at 90 before they quit. I mean their post is right above byrths lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seiji Okita View Post
    After being discontented with the direction of FFXIV I have recently come back to FFXI. I originally played XI from launch until 2011, quitting to fully commit to XIV originally.

That being said, when I came back about 2 weeks ago I decided to start over fresh and I will say that it is not bad at all starting from the beginning with all of the QOL additions. I have actually had a great time going back through and experiencing the story from the start again, meeting people along the way and developing the friendships like I did long ago. It has truly been a breath of fresh air after all of the time I have spent in Eorzea, and I am left feeling like this game in its current state could actually be reasonably successful in today's market with the group of PVE players looking for a more social and thought provoking experience.

Good to hear. I may do that then ^^.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Seiji Okita View Post

I have until Oct. 3rd to decide if i'm going to commit to another 6 months of XIV. I feel like coming home to XI. I'm on Fenrir right now and last I remember it was pretty dead. Is there a particular server everyone is on?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Asura, maybe Odin.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I have until Oct. 3rd to decide if i'm going to commit to another 6 months of XIV. I feel like coming home to XI. I'm on Fenrir right now and last I remember it was pretty dead. Is there a particular server everyone is on?
    for EU and NAs go to asura if you want lots of people to play with (this also means congestions sometimes)

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    As others have said, Asura is the place to be pop wise. Always between 950-1250 players with spikes up to 1500-1600 on the weekends. I highly recommend you come back! If you move over to Asura hit me up, Aeroashwind, and I can get you in a social LS and whatnot if you like.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what should my gear priorities be on a newly 99 sch?

BG Level

Other than sparks -> gil, what's a good way for returning player (starting from scratch) to make some decent gil?

Just trying to make it through the basic Rhapsody missions at the moment and it's annoying not having enough gil for basic quest items (and other things like storage increases).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Can convert unity points into whatever unity mats are selling on your server. Could farm salvage and sell alex, VD merit fights and sell pluton/betietsu/boulders, VNMs and sell mats that are used for abjuration synths (ethereal squama, mucu ingots, befouled silver, etc.). Ambuscade probably isn't bad for gil if you convert points into plates/cinders and other REM currencies.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What is the cap (if known) on Cure Potency II and Cure Potency Recieved?