Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 190 of 205 FirstFirst ... 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They both have similar functionality but more people using windower and therefore more support for it though questions are answered fairly quickly usually on their forums. Ashita updates/fixes seem to get pushed a little faster and ashitacast xmls are easier to write/understand than the gearswap luas but iirc gearswap can do a little bit more though a lot might not use that full functionality. I tend to prefer ashita partly because a long time ago windower stopped working for me and I like the multiboxing plugin better. And no spellcast wont work with gearswap.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What does the multiboxing plugin offer?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok I got windower up and running. Haven't messed with a Lua yet but where do I start??

I got the 3 starter trust. I upgrade Amano/yoichi/apoc/rag to i119. Now what? Seems
    Overwhelming all the stuff to do.

Current gear if that matters:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Cerberus/Taint

Edit: JA0wait still a thing? what are people using

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Smokesalot View Post
    What does the multiboxing plugin offer?
    Basically they both offer basics text from one instance to others but Servo (ashita's) had added some extra targeting options. So like it has [t] which makes the character you sent that command to target what the character who sent the instance that sent the account is targeting. Similar it had [me] which is the character that sent it. Might be different now but when I was checking it out windowers multibox plug in didn't allow for stuff like that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Ok I got windower up and running. Haven't messed with a Lua yet but where do I start??

I got the 3 starter trust. I upgrade Amano/yoichi/apoc/rag to i119. Now what? Seems
    Overwhelming all the stuff to do.

Current gear if that matters:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Cerberus/Taint

Edit: JA0wait still a thing? what are people using
    Looks like you stopped around regular skirmish? One thing to kind of get a feel for the newer stuff is to go thru the records of eminence -> tutorial -> basics. That will get you a bunch of trusts and introduce you to ambuscade and open up intermediate. Intermediate will introduce you to some various content some of which it looks like you've done some not but gives you a feel for gearing pre escha (and some still quite useable). You'll want to get your average ilvl up as much as possible so your trusts become more useful. If you are still wearing that 113 stuff some sparks gear will be easy to get and help and could reforge some af then head into the ambuscade which will get you fairly high end gear for near starter content (though it does scale for people with better gear/groups). in a week we also have plasma campaign so could probably hitch a ride for some delve gear.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Looks like you stopped around regular skirmish? One thing to kind of get a feel for the newer stuff is to go thru the records of eminence -> tutorial -> basics. That will get you a bunch of trusts and introduce you to ambuscade and open up intermediate. Intermediate will introduce you to some various content some of which it looks like you've done some not but gives you a feel for gearing pre escha (and some still quite useable). You'll want to get your average ilvl up as much as possible so your trusts become more useful. If you are still wearing that 113 stuff some sparks gear will be easy to get and help and could reforge some af then head into the ambuscade which will get you fairly high end gear for near starter content (though it does scale for people with better gear/groups). in a week we also have plasma campaign so could probably hitch a ride for some delve gear.

This is great! Thanks.

I also have some i119 from Delve (still sorting inventory lol). Whirlpool greaves and Yaoyotl Helm seem useable. I have pretty much everything from the first 3 zones.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

What's the ways to make money these days? Been out for a bit in terms of actually having to worry about that (was held over from the abyssea/vw days) but seems most of the junk released are ex/not AH and such. I heard something with Sparks but never found a definitive set of info on that.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    What's the ways to make money these days? Been out for a bit in terms of actually having to worry about that (was held over from the abyssea/vw days) but seems most of the junk released are ex/not AH and such. I heard something with Sparks but never found a definitive set of info on that.
    You use sparks to buy any sellable gear > sell to NPC. Sparks convert at a ~1:10 ratio (excluding fame and whatnot) so something like Acheron Shield (2755 sparks) sells for ~27.5k gil to an NPC. A full 99,999 load of sparks converts to ~1mil gil if you do this.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Salvage is the easiest imo. You can do a run per game day, takes about 20-25mins (blu, bst aoe), and it usually nets at least a stack (800k on Asura).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

xp period is the time to farm sparks. Each kill finishes a trial

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Due to inflation, crystal prices, and pure laziness, a lot of low level crafting stuff is really (from perspective of a returning player) good gil. On Fenrir things like stacks of copper ingots, sheep and ram leather, brass ingots, etc, are all 50k+ per stack at a manufacturing cost of like 2k. Depends on how broke you are I guess.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Due to inflation, crystal prices, and pure laziness, a lot of low level crafting stuff is really (from perspective of a returning player) good gil. On Fenrir things like stacks of copper ingots, sheep and ram leather, brass ingots, etc, are all 50k+ per stack at a manufacturing cost of like 2k. Depends on how broke you are I guess.
    On Asura, a lot of low level straight farmables are in the 50k/stack range, like Yagudo Necklace and Revival Roots. Might want to try scanning thru the full AH listings on ffxiah to find some good targets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meanwhile a lot of higher end stuff keeps coming back not selling for me lol. Strange times indeed

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does it still cost $25 to transfer to a different server? I'd consider playing again, but not on Lakshmi.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No. It is something like 7 or 10 dollars.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's $18 according to the Playonline website.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Ah, I think they had a campaign where it was $9 for a while then. I know the last time I transferred to buy something it cost me <20

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck it then, been gone a year and a half, time to stay gone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

On that note, why haven't they done a Return Home campaign in so long. I've had a small itch that needs scratching.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Probably next month for the 15th Anniversary. The complete collection will be on sale for $10.