A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Having a great time back. QoL has come a LONG way!

Need some advice. I'm basic i119 now. (Af+1 and two pieces of Odyssean)Working on job points as much as I can stand it.

What should be my secondary focus? Ambuscade? Finishing Odyssean set? Everything says 119 but people mention 121 etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

some of the ambus +2 pieces are very nice depending on job, but +1 can be great filler as well. The best capes in the game are from ambus as well so that's another reason to do them. If gil is a concern, buying those RME mats and selling them are also decent profit.

Right now what you need to do depends on what your goals are. Unlocking omen to is good, since farming cards can take time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Having a great time back. QoL has come a LONG way!

Need some advice. I'm basic i119 now. (Af+1 and two pieces of Odyssean)Working on job points as much as I can stand it.

What should be my secondary focus? Ambuscade? Finishing Odyssean set? Everything says 119 but people mention 121 etc.
    Complete ROV before anything else if you haven't already. There are massive benefits to doing so and other than SOA (due to imprimatur spending reqs,) you can complete ROV in a weekend. If you don't like grinding Job Points, you might want to knock out all major mission lines since they don't take that long generally and each one completed gives you a permanent CP+10% bonus. After that, you probably want to try to get some escha NM clears to unlock vorseals given that Escha content is pretty much the "endgame" other than Ambuscade. Escha-Zi'tah T1s are rather simple to lowman (sc+fire mb works on all of them except for the golem, but don't use Fusion on the coeurl,) dirt cheap to pop, and drop some acceptable gear which are likely to be upgrades compared to what you are using now.

There are no items ingame currently that are higher than ilvl119. Any reference to higher ilvl gear is referring to the stat equivalent, not the actual ilvl on the gear. Not exactly sure what anyone would consider to qualify other than fully upgraded REMA weapons (due to the higher skill+ on them.) :/ Safe to ignore for now in other words. XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How is the state of the game now? Is it still blu/bst/geo everything or has some diversity opened up? I left towards the end of delve2/skirmish2 (oh the joys of augment hell) going into vagary. I came back for the missions in reisenjima when it just seemed like there was no reason to go any job but blu (memory may be a bit hazy, but seemingly melee were useless and it made the game boring to me).

Has anything changed? How's rng/2hand dps ? I've been missing the game a bit. I don't mind playing support until i get geared back up (I have 2 mules with geo and cor on my main but it needs some gearing). Drk/Sam/Rng were the jobs i played for the majority of my career on my main.

How's pluton farming? I remember tier3 rem's coming out and the 10k needed for the final upgrade if you didn't have the afterglow already.

How about working toward capped job points? The bat camp was huge when I played and when i came back people did some escha camps (I think in sky or the zitah zone and reisenjima?) again apologies but my memory is a bit fuzzy. I did complete the new missions in reij.

Any help/info is appreciated.

Well BST got it's expected nerf, but now it's SMN everything.

BLU still the "only" DD. RNG is good (but its not blu so it doesnt exist) 2handers doing well (except drg qq but get zero use on anything, cause, notblu). Bandwagnarok gets some use though.

All "content" is SMN onry. (with geo cor run)

Still 10k for III(glow) Plutons are still easy to get, but hard to find a group that cares enough to get them. (ALL shouts are 2blu brd cor geo whm if you joined them)

CP bonus event happens relatively soon, in may so good chance to cap a job etc.

Augment Hell is 10x worse than it's ever been. Reisen augs are retard tier. On the same level as Evoliths.

Anyone setting on a fame building lua? Would be great to avoid seeing "braw wirk, lad" 75 times!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Use enternity and just make a script that's something like:
    Code:
    input /targetnpc;wait 0.2;input /item "Boyahda Moss" <t>;wait 10;
    copied and pasted a bunch.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Curious as to where I should start for endgame tier content in current day XI.

I have WHM/SCH/THF(mandau i119)/BLM all at their respective Delve v1.0 gears and have been reforging my THF AF1 gear randomly from leveling a mule and RoV.

What would be an acceptable jumping point for someone starting out after having cleared all Rhapsodies? I'm also not adverse to leveling a new job, what does the current content "best setup" look like?

It's unlikely anyone will want you to DPS for anything at that phase of gear, so expect to be WHM, SCH, or a bubble bitch if you level GEO. Real battle, though, is just hoping you can find groups for things like Ambuscade.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    It's unlikely anyone will want you to DPS for anything at that phase of gear, so expect to be WHM, SCH, or a bubble bitch if you level GEO. Real battle, though, is just hoping you can find groups for things like Ambuscade.
    Thanks for the quick response! I'll look into getting my WHM and GEO up to snuff then since I've always been support-oriented as a player.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So uh, I've read through this the last few days, other places, and I guess I'll ask here:

What would you do if you where me, only have an hour or 2 a night to play, and haven't played since mid2013. I mean, after I spend the next month going through getting homepoints, Trusts, and sorting my inventory. Holy crap balls I don't remember my inventory being a massive fucking disaster.

Quote from the Returning players guide on the wiki: "The official forums opening did herald a new level of communication between the Dev team and the playerbase, but it was mostly so they could tell us to screw off more directly."

Sounds about the way SE has always treated us, with the good ol' customer appreciation bat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

-Unlock Records of Eminence
    -Get i117 sparks gear if it's better than what you left with
    -Beat Rhapsodies of Vanadiel or do as much as you can for permanent bonuses (exp/cp bonus, summon more trusts, event cooldown reduction, unlock medicine/supplies from vendor moogles)
    -Collect all the trusts you can, especially the limited timed ones (Shantotto II coming in May, regarded as one of the best trusts, only available once every ~6 months)
    -Do the intermediate Records of Eminence quests to get to item level 119 (if solo) or have friends help gear you up
    -Grind ambuscade solo/with friends for decent/situational 119 gear
    -Participate in monthly events for gil or items/equipment (next month will have plenty)

After 119 and beating Rhapsodies, it's mostly getting better gear, finishing old missions, and grinding CP, but with your limited time, it may take a bit of time to do the first two, especially if solo

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    Curious as to where I should start for endgame tier content in current day XI.

I have WHM/SCH/THF(mandau i119)/BLM all at their respective Delve v1.0 gears and have been reforging my THF AF1 gear randomly from leveling a mule and RoV.

What would be an acceptable jumping point for someone starting out after having cleared all Rhapsodies? I'm also not adverse to leveling a new job, what does the current content "best setup" look like?
    GEO, WHM and tanks can and usually will receive invites to anything. DD aren't high in demand, but that's not surprising. PLD is seemingly being the less desirable for most things, but people will typically take whatever as long as you're one of those jobs. You'll find GEO frustrating potentially, as everyone and their mother has the impression that you need Idris for bubbly bernie. High end content/shout groups pretty much won't take you without one. SMN is the end game DD cheese atm if you feel like bandwagoning your way to the end, they're typically in demand for the annoying "difficult" content. Good gear required, of course. It's the easier way to make the mcdonalds weapons, and with you being a THF you'll probably want the dagger at some point.

I'd say work on your 119 AF/relic/empyrean +1. They're ok starting points and retain usefulness later due to the enhancements on them. Other stuff is going to end up junk most likely once you work on Escha/Reisenjima gear. Once you have some of that done, and some respectable accessories, you can work on Ambuscade +1/2s, and go from there. Those'll get you into CP parties at a respectable level, can master your jobs, etcetc.

End goal is nice Reisenjima augments/Ru'aun abjuration (+1s at this point if you want them to retain usefulness, nqs are niche/filler at best) and omen +3s. Can farm HTBCs for your afterglow weapons and money for whatever you need. Accessories and the seeming required Afterglow-if-you-want-to-play-anything were the hardest part for me when I came back.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How much ACC do I need for Omen? I've been tagging along for Ou just for job cards and I can't hit him worth a damn.

Sole Sushi still the best ACC food?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The bosses take roughly 1250 to 1400 to cap on, depending on which one you're fighting. You can cap on the mid-bosses at about 1200 (assuming Craver doesn't have his evasion boost up).

Sublime Sushi is better for accuracy.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I recently tried to equip my Kraken Club and discovered that I no longer have one. I thought I still had it when I resubbed a couple months ago. It's possible that I decided to bazaar it at some point, but I can't remember ever making that decision.

Anyone have any idea whether a GM would be able to figure out what I did with it (they must keep logs of this stuff but who knows for how long), or whether they'd tell me what I did with it if it wasn't accidentally dropped or NPC'd.

Edit: found the SE support article where they say you have to ask within 1 week for item restoration, so seems unlikely

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

AFAIK, they can only figure out what happened to it if you have both the zone and the rough period of time that it disappeared in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn View Post
    It's possible that I decided to bazaar it at some point, but I can't remember ever making that decision.
    How can you be unsure of something like that, lol :D

Here's the part where I ask if he moved it to one of the various inventory bags and just isn't seeing it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn View Post
    I recently tried to equip my Kraken Club and discovered that I no longer have one. I thought I still had it when I resubbed a couple months ago. It's possible that I decided to bazaar it at some point, but I can't remember ever making that decision.

Anyone have any idea whether a GM would be able to figure out what I did with it (they must keep logs of this stuff but who knows for how long), or whether they'd tell me what I did with it if it wasn't accidentally dropped or NPC'd.

Edit: found the SE support article where they say you have to ask within 1 week for item restoration, so seems unlikely
    /itemsearch "Kraken Club" just to be sure.