Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 194 of 205 FirstFirst ... 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In terms of sub fees, there's no free month this time, so don't go and pay SE 26+ bucks(XI sub((depending on # of alts)) + XIV sub when you return for Stormblood). Just tough it out and wait for Stormblood.

I came back to XI because I got tons of unfinished business. If you completed everything, it appears all there is currently is this thing called Ambuscade. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This months ambuscade is probably the most annoying one so far

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    This months ambuscade is probably the most annoying one so far
    I agree.SE want to let us remember or learn old area,old thing as well new thing.
    confusing.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They are both different games, so it is just like playing any other game as long as you don't mind spending 12 bucks which is pretty much a lunch snack. There were new additions that are worth checking out if you enjoyed playing and assuming you are on a populated server.

Stormblood looks like more of the same shit. I'll wait until a couple of patches in so I have at least a few weeks of content to check out...

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    Stormblood...shit.
    About sums it up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

After playing FFXI for 2 months my interest in stormsblood is right around Zero. Now how do I break that to my raid group lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    After playing FFXI for 2 months my interest in stormsblood is right around Zero. Now how do I break that to my raid group lol.
    Send them Gold World Passes or something. XD The dark side is always recruiting.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What are you supposed to do in the tonberry ambuscade? I tried doing the VE fight and couldn't get past 95%.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Zerg the smn as melee, eventually will pop the other tonberries when it falls below a threshold %. Goal is to kill every tonberry that pops.

Magic setup isn't too viable as my top bursts were 40k with bolster, and the dps isn't fast enough to counter the constant scripted tonberry heal from the astral flow he does on VD.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh I gotcha, yeah I tried doing it on blm cause I figured 119 would be easy enough, but I got it as smn. What's the strat for the VD slug with all of the encumberment auras?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Oh I gotcha, yeah I tried doing it on blm cause I figured 119 would be easy enough, but I got it as smn. What's the strat for the VD slug with all of the encumberment auras?
    Also make sure to reset hate. Also if you kill the elementals they wont evolve into avatars to flow you. There are other issues though like the monarch self skillchaining you to death if you not careful and of course tonberry hate moves.

Slug is annoying as well. Either you just deal with encumbrance aura somehow or you kill certain colored leeches with magic and the others with physical and then kill the slug. Honestly it's so much work I think people would rather do E/VE vol 1 even with the headaches that involves

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Jesus, you weren't exaggerating how bad this month's ambuscade options are.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Also make sure to reset hate. Also if you kill the elementals they wont evolve into avatars to flow you. There are other issues though like the monarch self skillchaining you to death if you not careful and of course tonberry hate moves.

Slug is annoying as well. Either you just deal with encumbrance aura somehow or you kill certain colored leeches with magic and the others with physical and then kill the slug. Honestly it's so much work I think people would rather do E/VE vol 1 even with the headaches that involves
    It's been confirmed that my idea to CFH on all the tonberries inside works to prevent hate gain, though you miss out on the exp/cp at the end. ^^ So, you either gain 3x kills worth per run to get the KI, or kill the cryptonberries in Pso'Xja which don't give hate. As one who got hit for 52k in V1N, I strongly advise all to reset hate before getting started. lol

Be sure to turn toward's the tonberry shade when he spawns. It nerfs the skillchain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It's been confirmed that my idea to CFH on all the tonberries inside works to prevent hate gain, though you miss out on the exp/cp at the end. ^^ So, you either gain 3x kills worth per run to get the KI, or kill the cryptonberries in Pso'Xja which don't give hate. As one who got hit for 52k in V1N, I strongly advise all to reset hate before getting started. lol
    First time thru my trusts 2 main characters and their pets took 99999 each lol. The mule I got from a fried that hasn't gone on dark ring farming with me only took 50k

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

First time thru my trusts 2 main characters and their pets took 99999 each lol. The mule I got from a fried that hasn't gone on dark ring farming with me only took 50k
    So your trusts took the same damage you did? That is actually interesting since that means that tonberry hate is also shared between player/trust and I didn't know that before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    So your trusts took the same damage you did? That is actually interesting since that means that tonberry hate is also shared between player/trust and I didn't know that before.
    It's extra weird because normally when I get OHKO'd by an AoE it doesn't even show trust or pet damage in the log

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hey there, I'm thinking of coming back to FFXI at the start of next month because I miss the game, but a lot of things have been added since I last played the game.

The last time I played was when the high-tier battlefields (Ark Angels 2 etc)came out and I did a lotta that, but I never finished it and got everything I wanted out of them, I still never quiiiiite finished the Adoulin missions either. but I'm worried where to even begin as far as new content and getting myself up to speed on gear to do much of anything once I do come back.

Mostly I wanted to come back to say hi to my old LS and maybe just fuck around for a while solo, like salvage or do other soloable stuff. I even thought about leveling a new job and just gearing something fresh rather than try to fix up my gear for my two 99 jobs (WHM and THF) and all of that. I do vaugely remember having some WHM-related issues in terms of once Spellcast was discontinued and having difficulty setting up GearSwap for my WHM sets for the gear that I have, and it's why i mostly played THF for a while with manual macro set switching, but obviously that doesn't work with mage jobs that well.

Thought about just leveling a new job just to have more valuable jobs at 99, since neither THF or WHM was that great at 99 from what I remember. I'm not sure, I'm just bored and don't feellike investing in a new MMO.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Garris View Post
    The last time I played was when the high-tier battlefields (Ark Angels 2 etc)came out and I did a lotta that, but I never finished it and got everything I wanted out of them, I still never quiiiiite finished the Adoulin missions either. but I'm worried where to even begin as far as new content and getting myself up to speed on gear to do much of anything once I do come back.
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting up to speed on gear/etc, especially if you might have some LS folks still hanging about. If you aren't looking at tippy-top end (at least), then there are more viable options than ever. That HTMB gear is perhaps a bit behind the curve, but it's more than enough for quite a lot of content. What you'd probably want to look at in the short term is powering through Rhapsodies missions which will both get you access to Escha/Reisenjima, and net a ton of bonuses via the Rhapsody KIs. Those both net substantial XP/CP bonuses, and also remove a lot of gating mechanisms from older content, among other things.

You may be able to start at soloing low tier Escha NMs, or may need help (many low/mid tier are soloable with trusts, at least by some jobs when well geared). Same with a lot of Unity NMs. You'll also want to look at Ambuscade for capes and likely at least some armor pieces. Like HTMBs, it has difficulty levels to pick from, so you can likely find one you can solo if nothing else (it'd be more efficient to go with a group).