BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 197 of 205 FirstFirst ... 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bail View Post
    Seems like a super dumb question, but it's been a while since I've done Alluvion Skirmish. The option to convert obs frags to pussiance wasn't on the book before going up to the first floor. Has something changed with it?
    Update notes haven't said anything about a change to that.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Bail View Post
    Seems like a super dumb question, but it's been a while since I've done Alluvion Skirmish. The option to convert obs frags to pussiance wasn't on the book before going up to the first floor. Has something changed with it?
    Pretty sure it is on the book on the actual floor, and not the one in the lobby.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

^ It's the book on each floor. Same one you summon mobs with. Worked fine a month or so ago at least.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Returning player here. Is their anywhere that updates you on the current job meta mainly WAR? I'm interested at playing WAR I hear their not really meta, but how are people playing WAR? Are they using Ukon/Ragnarok for DPS? I hear WAR do decent job tanking with Bravura and retaliation?

TL;DR I enjoy WAR how should I build it. Thanks.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupzion View Post
    Returning player here. Is their anywhere that updates you on the current job meta mainly WAR? I'm interested at playing WAR I hear their not really meta, but how are people playing WAR? Are they using Ukon/Ragnarok for DPS? I hear WAR do decent job tanking with Bravura and retaliation?

TL;DR I enjoy WAR how should I build it. Thanks.
    Best suggestion would be to back read the WAR thread.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Thanks for the heads up. I forgot FFXIAH existed.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupzion View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I forgot FFXIAH existed.
    I forget it does too

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been looking to return to the game (again) but it seems like FFXI only runs with DirectX-8.1. I'm on Windows 10 and am having difficulty tracking that driver down. Can someone point me in the right direction please, or is there a way around this? Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Huh, you shouldn't need to install anything like that to run XI on 10, I don't remember doing anything special at least.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    Been looking to return to the game (again) but it seems like FFXI only runs with DirectX-8.1. I'm on Windows 10 and am having difficulty tracking that driver down. Can someone point me in the right direction please, or is there a way around this? Thanks!
    IIRC, there should be an option to install DirectX from within the POL/FFXI install package.. been a couple years since I dealt with it, but if nothing's changed then it should work.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    You may need to install DirectPlay: Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off -> Legacy Components -> Directplay

DX8.1 itself is handled by compatibility layers in more recent DirectX releases, though ones for pre-DX9 are suboptimal. That's not something unique to FFXI. An attempt to work around that is dgVoodoo, which has a thread about a version that works with FFXI on FFXIAH.

Ashita also has a DX8->DX9 proxy with a thread here.

Those are more for potential performance issues rather than not being able to launch the game at all though.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just got back and new to the trust system. I feel like I have a group of fake friends... REJOICE!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Artko View Post
    Just got back and new to the trust system. I feel like I have a group of fake friends... REJOICE!
    Most friends might indeed be fake

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cornelia certainly is. She gunna leave you

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artko View Post
    So no different than playing with real people?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I logged in FFXI the other day haven't played in a couple years maybe it would be some nostalgic fun. There was about 200 people online. Seems like there really isn't too many people left is most of the stuff just solo content now?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I logged in FFXI the other day haven't played in a couple years maybe it would be some nostalgic fun. There was about 200 people online. Seems like there really isn't too many people left is most of the stuff just solo content now?
    It depends on the server, but from what I've heard for years is that the only "high" population servers are Asura (for NA) and Odin (for JP). It's not as much of a problem as it could be since they have done a moogleton of QOL adjustments to make solo/lowman easier to be successful with.

You can solo all the story content, though the last of Rhapsodies may give you issue. I'd say soloing any worthwhile Escha or later content as a newcomer/old-returnee is pretty much off the table, though. Which means you're stuck with shit gear.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    You can solo all the story content, though the last of Rhapsodies may give you issue. I'd say soloing any worthwhile Escha or later content as a newcomer/old-returnee is pretty much off the table, though. Which means you're stuck with shit gear.
    The last time I played the game was to finish the Rhapsodies story beat the last boss with 5 other people who needed it since the fight just came out but it was the only hard fight. Didn't really play after I beat that fight since I kind of felt like I beat the game.

I quit playing seriously when the AF+1 level 119 gear came out I did get a full set. I do remember having to go into those Escha areas for one of the Rhapsodies storylines to kill 5 mobs and my accuracy was like 50% and the last boss of Rhapsodies acc was really low at that point as well. They must of released gear with more acc on it because they made any new area monsters to evasive to hit with older gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The last time I played the game was to finish the Rhapsodies story beat the last boss with 5 other people who needed it since the fight just came out but it was the only hard fight. Didn't really play after I beat that fight since I kind of felt like I beat the game.

I quit playing seriously when the AF+1 level 119 gear came out I did get a full set. I do remember having to go into those Escha areas for one of the Rhapsodies storylines to kill 5 mobs and my accuracy was like 50% and the last boss of Rhapsodies acc was really low at that point as well. They must of released gear with more acc on it because they made any new area monsters to evasive to hit with older gear.
    There has been two major nerfs to mob evasion since then, so it's less of a problem outside of the highest end content.