Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 200 of 205 FirstFirst ... 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Iirc it used to have the same chance as main target but now it's crazy shitty chance. Which is kind of sad considering it's not a great chance to begin with when you consider you are killing the mob in the process. It's part of why most people went to ja proc onry. Except pup I think cause it's moves counted as ws iirc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Thanks. So back to THF with the DNC Trusts then. Sigh. I like cleaving.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Thanks. So back to THF with the DNC Trusts then. Sigh. I like cleaving.
    Can still do it with THF with Aeolian Edge, you'll probably only get one off before the mob dies though.

Hey all, anyone have a link to the files for the game? 8 hr download through POL :/

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That DRG RQT thread... Kind of perfect timing. I just reactivated my three accounts on Friday (so I can be anti-social but still in a group.) and oh my damn, people still give an F, lmao. I've been away for almost 2.5 years, FFXI drama is so welcome.

I'm writing all my GS.lua and trying to get those clean. In itself that's days of work.

My server (Sylph) had 350~ on when I first logged in, I've got friends elsewhere that would like me to jump ship but I feel like some serious merges must be in the works? I was on Fairy for the last merge and it was great all in all.

I left with a 119 Koga and a 119 Yoichi but I've got many Weapons in the works, my goal is to have fun on the "solo" tip for a bit and farm what I need. Being that a "time sink" is not an issue, how do 119 REMs compare these days? Even in my inventory from 2.5 years ago I'm seeing I have comparable~ weapons to my REMs, so I get that the time/reward may be skewed but I'm willing to do it because the game is fun.

That question was convoluted and loaded as fuck (I hit the town hard last night...) but in sincerity, has there been conversation that they will they keep REMs relevant?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

AG REM are all
    Relevant. As always some are better than others.

Koga and Yoichi are unfortunately not used much any longer on SAM or RNG. If your server seems slow, Asura is rocking all the time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

119 weapons are mostly outdated, but many of the 119-3 ones are best in slot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Koga and Yoichi are unfortunately not used much any longer on SAM or RNG. If your server seems slow, Asura is rocking all the time.
    I always feel sad for returning RNGs who had a Yoichi as their main weapon of choice before they left...once afterglowed, Yoichi's great asset over other options is it's incredible ranged accuracy, to a level we just don't need any more. The benefits of Annihilator's Emnity Down, or the other options that hit harder just have a more permanent place. The same can be said when comparing other RMEA options within a job, but considering the meta of Last Stand and Trueflight giving more versatility than Archery can provide, it hits RNGs pretty damn hard.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

What the heck is up with Throne Room? Place is packed and I literally can't get 5-2 done because I can't get into the battlefield!

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    What the heck is up with Throne Room? Place is packed and I literally can't get 5-2 done because I can't get into the battlefield!
    Dopes doing the SKCNM 20 orb event hoping to get vagary mats and stuff to drop. Shouldn't really be too hard to get into the battle if you keep trying for a bit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As far as REMA, it depends on your job for your weapon of choice. As taint said, koga and yoichi are sadly outclassed in current meta, favored by Masamune or doji (the aeonic). For samurai archery... I actually don't see it very much, if at all. Maybe you can still get some use out of it, but it seems unnecessary, I think? Basically a trophy weapon.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    As far as REMA, it depends on your job for your weapon of choice. As taint said, koga and yoichi are sadly outclassed in current meta, favored by Masamune or doji (the aeonic). For samurai archery... I actually don't see it very much, if at all. Maybe you can still get some use out of it, but it seems unnecessary, I think? Basically a trophy weapon.
    Koga is trash, it is even worse for SAM than Ryuno is for DRG. Mandau is an example of a weapon that takes the cake though as it worse than using an ordinary weapon.

Certain other weapons like Rag or Ghorn are good, but not as great as people think they are. Other weapons like Lionheart or AM3 active Nirvana (phys BP conduit spam) are great, and people know they are great.

-Most Relic are outclassed, but still better than ordinary weapons.

-Mythics are less powerful than they once were. The days of their praise were before better QA/TA/DA gear came out, but the idea of their status still seems to live on. Some weapons are the worst or second worst ultimate weapon option for their jobs (SAM, DRG, etc). It is reaching/at the point for certain jobs that do see them as a theoretical best weapon, where perfect AM3 maintenance isn't really any better than just being lazy with another weapon. Something like Tizona vs Almace or Sequence would be an example of this. Especially when Mythics generally need to have a separate STP build when AM3 is active, especially on 2H weapons.

That, and a lot of shit can be steamrolled for weaker players. If I can kill a T1 in escha with three WSs by myself, a mythic weapon is certainly the absolute worst choice, even over normal weapons. However, my previous statements were not separate from quick fights. Mythics do need to see a fight that lasts more than a couple of minutes for sure.

-Empyrean weapons generally serve as an offhand for 1H users due to their stat boosts or generally the second best weapon for the job and "first situationally". Also not as powerful as they once were as white damage is not nearly even close to the % of your overall DPS it once was, and the WSs are no longer bound to the weapons.
    Level 75 era arguments like "MNK is a DoT job" from days of old translate to "DoT isn't relevant anymore because WSs do upwards of 90% of your DPS (depending on the job) in buffed situations.

-Aeonics are just more relevant relic weapons that are easy to obtain for endgame players. DRGs is the best weapon it can use, and often times it goes down to arugements like "Chango or xyz is the best weapon you can use on WAR if you are skillchaining".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Very concise points made by spicy. Of course, no rule is 100%, and that's what he's trying to convey. I can think of at least 4 relics worth doing, but unlike years ago, a single legendary weapon is rarely your 100%of the time best decision. A RNG "can" live with just a Fomalhaut (aeonic), but there will be situations where the Annihilator (relic) is by far the better choice. And even a few situations where the Gastraphetes (mythic) will edge out others.

Other jobs, like PLD or BRD, benefit greatly from multiple legendary weapons at the same time. Seek out career PLDs and BRDs to discuss order/benefits/ situations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    Very concise points made by spicy. Of course, no rule is 100%, and that's what he's trying to convey. I can think of at least 4 relics worth doing, but unlike years ago, a single legendary weapon is rarely your 100%of the time best decision. A RNG "can" live with just a Fomalhaut (aeonic), but there will be situations where the Annihilator (relic) is by far the better choice. And even a few situations where the Gastraphetes (mythic) will edge out others.

Other jobs, like PLD or BRD, benefit greatly from multiple legendary weapons at the same time. Seek out career PLDs and BRDs to discuss order/benefits/ situations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    <3 Yup

It is why I have and use all three weapons for BLU for different situations including Colada as a fourth. One of the largest issues players have is making a weapon and not using it appropriately.

DRG is feeling like an exception though just as a random one to mention. Can't really justify anything over Trishula. As far as I have seen in the simulator things need to be so bad for Gugnir to start winning from that 60 acc (assuming you have the acc gear) that the fight is probably a loss anyway at that point if you aren't actively using the en-effect.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the responses, not what I wanted to hear but certainly expected as much.

Yoichi RNG (and SAM) was so much fun back in the day... wtf.

Good shit, I'm thinking I'll be hard headed and 119 my Kannagi in hopes that SE throws us a bone in the future.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siccmade View Post
    Thanks for the responses, not what I wanted to hear but certainly expected as much.

Yoichi RNG (and SAM) was so much fun back in the day... wtf.

Good shit, I'm thinking I'll be hard headed and 119 my Kannagi in hopes that SE throws us a bone in the future.
    If I had my old character I'd absolutely be doing Kannagi. I love playing Ninja.

I'm still having a blast and while for the hardcore pre-Abyssea this will sound like heresy, I love the fact I've done everything so far by myself (nothing remarkable, but at least Rank 6). I'm building my screenshot folder of old content that I never got the drops and so far have bested my #1 nemesis!

I'm not really looking per say on being in a LS, but if it was BG people then absolutely. But so far, Odin has been fine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If I had my old character I'd absolutely be doing Kannagi. I love playing Ninja.

I'm still having a blast and while for the hardcore pre-Abyssea this will sound like heresy, I love the fact I've done everything so far by myself (nothing remarkable, but at least Rank 6). I'm building my screenshot folder of old content that I never got the drops and so far have bested my #1 nemesis!

I'm not really looking per say on being in a LS, but if it was BG people then absolutely. But so far, Odin has been fine.
    Visit the Linkshell Concierge NPCs in the starter cities. See if there are any shells giving out pearls. Pick one up, lurk or chat for a bit with them, see if you mesh. If so, hooray! If not, just drop the pearl.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Visit the Linkshell Concierge NPCs in the starter cities. See if there are any shells giving out pearls. Pick one up, lurk or chat for a bit with them, see if you mesh. If so, hooray! If not, just drop the pearl.
    I'll do that once I have WAR/DNC to slightly noob status while finishing some old content for myself. Like, tonight I opened some of the [S] maws and will be doing some random farming.

I'll share my #1 nemesis. From four retail characters, three private servers, and probably 50+ kills, I never got Trotter Boots off Simurgh. Literally 1/1 with only TH1 using /Thf. Was such a feel good moment for me even if the boots are dated and useless.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll do that once I have WAR/DNC to slightly noob status while finishing some old content for myself. Like, tonight I opened some of the [S] maws and will be doing some random farming.

I'll share my #1 nemesis. From four retail characters, three private servers, and probably 50+ kills, I never got Trotter Boots off Simurgh. Literally 1/1 with only TH1 using /Thf. Was such a feel good moment for me even if the boots are dated and useless.
    Not to rain on your parade even more, but I was 0/12 on the boots, and then ever since they changed it I am like 5/5 on them. Pretty sure they dramatically raised the drop rate since they changed the spawn time on it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 50%+ on the drop rate now.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Man, coming back I feel so weak even with a bunch of jobs at 99, a relic, and 2 empryeans