FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Man, coming back I feel so weak even with a bunch of jobs at 99, a relic, and 2 empryeans
    Sent you a friend request homie. I got yo back!

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Man, coming back I feel so weak even with a bunch of jobs at 99, a relic, and 2 empryeans
    Well depending on when you left, all REAM weapons except shield and instruments as well as 99 gear are outdated. Gear is 119 now, as are the weapons upgradeable to 119.

EDIT: You have been gone for 5 years, so yeah item level happened a year after you left. Explains why you feel so week. Imagine being level 80 instead of 99.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    A RNG "can" live with just a Fomalhaut (aeonic), but there will be situations where the Annihilator (relic) is by far the better choice. And even a few situations where the Gastraphetes (mythic) will edge out others.
    Psh Gastraphete's is life! I see it as a middle ground in a way. It offers similarly reduced enmity as Anni though not as good while having higher dmg potential than Anni usually has but generally less than Form. Also magical tends to do better in low support situations but also really good in high support if you can get the ones for it. Which of course can be a problem if the other dds want physical support

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So I dinged 99 WAR and have only entered Adoulin. I have the 117 gear from RoE (Outlander) and got the Bleating Mantle from a Unity NM. I'm a little lost on what to do next. I've been using the 1-119 guide from the wiki and will continue, but it's more about gear. This will sound silly, but all of the big numbers are a little overwhelming. I still need to do ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, and other random stuff. Since I already have the Outlander set and a 117 weapon should I just get the older content done before moving on with gear and newer content?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

While you would have little issue with older mission content in i117 gear, I'd say to get out and about in Adoulin areas a little bit, for a few reasons:

- It takes a little effort to get out to all of the different areas, though you can also complete RoE objectives on the way for a slight CP% boost. The long and short of it though, is that you want ready access to some of those areas in case you see an opportunity to join in and get wins (Vagary, WKR, etc). Or any other potential reason to go out there (lots of CP camps, convenient groups of mobs for RoE, etc). Being able to just warp out to the relevant area instead of taking the better part of an hour (potentially) to work your way out there is obviously better.

- In the process of doing that, you will most likely accrue some Bayld, which will let you go buy i119 stuff from Vesca and Craggy Bluff (still not awesome, but, better than Sparks).

- SoA mission progression halts for coalition assignment progress multiple times. Kind of like if ToAU stopped until you'd done a decent number of Assaults. Like Assault Tags, Imprimaturs take a bit of time to generate and cap, so you ideally want to be routinely making use of them over time.

That said, it likely won't take all that long to do that. Otherwise, yeah, I would go back and do missions with the mind of progressing RoV - quite a lot of quality of life improvements are tucked behind the Rhapsody KIs, making them a top priority.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can also convert copper vouchers to bayld to gear up more quickly. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Copper_Voucher

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Rhapsody KIs are the best...when I found about thowr, I spammed as much as I could but now I'm at adoulin imperator choke points

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

When were these post-Eternal Mercenary ToaU quests added? The ones that Aesir gear? My gimp 79 war and not so gimp 75 monk got stomped by this, and I can't summon trusts in Hazalm

I don't REALLY want to level monk past Worried that I can't really find a place more entertaining/generous than farming merits at colibri and King Ranperre's tomb at 75. I'm basically feeding merits on all my jobs off of my monk. Are there enough (non-abyssea/adoulin) camps post 80 to satisfy my crave for meripo? Pretty sure I can out chain my war up until my mnk gear is obsolete, but if there are better/funner camps than these old school areas, I would love to hear it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I spent a lot of time exping off of crawlers and bats in Maze of Shak. Huge exp in the mid 80s and with Shantotto II bursting like crazy it's not hard to get some good chains. Biggest slowdown is having to release a whm and resummon, unless I'm doing it terribly wrong. I'd usually average anywhere from 50k-80k per hour depending on how much I was paying attention and being careful with links.

I also spent a lot of time in Garliage in the basement with bats and beetles. Can do bombs if you sub /DNC for stun, but it's not 100% reliable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Odin/Alex stuff? Pretty long time ago. Quick searches of the change log on the avatars suggests they existed back in early 2010. From what I can tell/remember it was right around the time of the first abyssea expansion so was either still 75 cap or 80 at most.

escha zitah got some good camps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Seconding Escha-ZiTah. Took a few jobs 80 - 99 there pretty damn fast.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I was in escha ruaun the other night getting 1mil xp an hour with rings lol that was also at 99

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A whole hour to get 1 mil xp? Bruh...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

What the hell lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

During xp campaign regular reisinjima mobs with trust corsair roll at higher chains you are getting about 25k a kill. That was with ring

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Holy shit I had no idea this was a thing. Really doubting it's worth my time to farm sub 90 gear because I'll use it for literally a few minutes.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

okay lmao guess i'm leveling up. no point obsessing over level 75 camps with stuff like that at the upper levels.

Is Reisinjima after a SoA leg of RoV? I actually don't have expansions past WotG.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, tbh I wouldn't expect to be able to just walk into Reisenjima and start exping right off the bat when you unlock it. Mobs there require some bigger levels of acc and hit pretty hard.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    okay lmao guess i'm leveling up. no point obsessing over level 75 camps with stuff like that at the upper levels.

Is Reisinjima after a SoA leg of RoV? I actually don't have expansions past WotG.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reisenjima

See notes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I gotta get my missions done. I'm on hold for RoV because of ToAU. I'm at least on DM for ZM and Sacrarium for CoP. Fafturd won't give me a McRidill so I think I'ma give up for awhile. Probably stupid to do /Thf in hopes for drops anyways. I'm still keeping on that bastard Xolotl since probably no one cares but I want that damn harpe!