Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 202 of 205 FirstFirst ... 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been stuck on it forever because of Siren heh.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I gotta get my missions done. I'm on hold for RoV because of ToAU. I'm at least on DM for ZM and Sacrarium for CoP. Fafturd won't give me a McRidill so I think I'ma give up for awhile. Probably stupid to do /Thf in hopes for drops anyways. I'm still keeping on that bastard Xolotl since probably no one cares but I want that damn harpe!
    The NNI campaign is a good thing to do for old trophy items (or chances at newer stuff as well), since the HQ crates can appraise to all kinds of fun stuff. Plus you can accrue tokens, copious ZNM pops, and some Alex towards doing a Mythic if you decide you want to. I have several Ridills floating around my accounts, all from either that or the daily tally SP dial.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The NNI campaign is a good thing to do for old trophy items (or chances at newer stuff as well), since the HQ crates can appraise to all kinds of fun stuff. Plus you can accrue tokens, copious ZNM pops, and some Alex towards doing a Mythic if you decide you want to. I have several Ridills floating around my accounts, all from either that or the daily tally SP dial.
    Is War/Dnc sufficient for NNI? I don't even know about the daily SP dial. I know this is probably poor on my end, but I really haven't even looked at anything new except the RoE and RoV. It's a little overwhelming for me. I haven't even done any Gearswap files yet. I just full time whatever the i117 WAR gear is with a haste belt.

Also, can you use Trusts for BCNM and KSNM? Found out you can't for sure with ENM!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The daily tally stuff can't be accessed by new account (45 day waiting period) so you couldn't really have been opening that yet anyway.

Since NNI was level 99 content, it's pretty trivial in ilevel gear, despite that you can't use Trusts. The lamp objectives got adjusted - "same time" now is a several minute window. So soloing is pretty possible.

Thing is, taking advantage of the campaign doesn't require you to really win at NNI. The floor 100 boss does drop a linen purse each time, which could be nice...but it depends on what you want out of it.

You do want the Rhapsody in Azure KI, since that drops Assault tag generation to 10 minutes, meaning you can pretty well do them all day if you want.

During the campaign, regular NMs drop +1 crates, and boss floor NMs (20/40/etc) drop +2 crates. If you want gear, then +1s are the goal, so you're pretty much just hoping for NMs to get randomized in.
    +2 crates can have the NNI armor pieces, but also cotton/linen purses and ZNM pop items (or rare things like a table). So if that's more the goal, you can just set floor 20 as the target or something and spam it.

Otherwise, be sure to exit to claim tokens instead of getting kicked out so you build up those.

I think if you're pushing for floor 100 you'd probably have issues trying to just melee, but since you really don't need to do that to take advantage of the campaign, just use what you have.

If you end up doing that a lot, you'll also increase your Assault rank, and can buy the badge KIs from the Curio Moogle instead of doing the quests, if you'd like (that's what the KI section on them holds).

I think Trusts are only available in micro/macrocosmic orb battles (ilevel ones basically).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much for the info. For wins if Cail and I are on at the same time I'm sure we can bang out some wins. I really want Thief but I really want to enjoy the leveling process instead of blitzing it. I find Thief and Beastmaster extremely enjoyable to level.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's no way he's getting to 100 without right jobs, at least half a party for inevitable lamp floor and tools. Fact is in a lot of ways NNI is almost as hard now as when it was release. Main difference is now everything is trash 1 shot mobs while before some nms took 3 hits. Good ranged aoe jobs like bst and blm do really well for speed. Generally speaking most solo/duo runs aim for 40-60

ZNM pop items are kind of a mixed bag. It's so random sometimes it feels like it's not hardly useful unless you farm 100% solo. But like if you have another character with you you'll want to farm multiple sets along the way even if doing 1 mythic just because it helps out later on and the worst part of znms isn't getting pops or the fight but the travel lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I usually set the goal for 100, just in case, though yeah, rarely hit that (dual boxing, not using fillmode or anything). If nothing else, having a second character to leave at the lamp tends to save a lot of time, and even then quite a lot of it is luck.

The randomness of it is a big consideration either way - runs can have few NMs, appraisals can all be junk, etc.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

How is NIN for NNI? Or how is Rdm for this? I never played Rdm before really, only a little on my banned character and all I ever did on it was solo Croin for lanterns. Also, so I don't waste my time, is it worth unlocking mythic WS and weapon specific WS?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably fine enough - as dasva mentioned, AoE is nicer with regard to speed. Personally I tend to do BLU/RDM and mainhand a sword in case I want to melee or have TP to WS.

Doing WS point stuff is fairly quick now (Uragnites outside Adoulin are popular for something that'll likely last for a few SCs). If you don't have help/dual box, you can use the Ayame trust (the standard one). Her AI tries to open SCs for you based on the last WS you used. Between that and likely having high haste levels via other Trusts, it doesn't take all that long to do them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, when I needed to unlock points I would go for Uragnite, summon Ayame, WHM, RDM, 2xBRD, Sakura and go to town. Usually can be done in less than an hour

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Is it possible to set what songs Trust bards play or rolls that corsair use?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, they've got their own internal logic.

Qultada does Chaos + Fighter normally, but will use Corsair's if you have exp/cp band up, hunter's if your acc sucks on the foe, and Evoker's if someone has low MP.
    Ulmia uses March x2 normally, but will use Ballads if someone's MP gets low, and Scherzo if she takes a really big hit (but survives).
    Joachim uses March + Min normally, but will use a Mad if acc is low, and will use Paeons if HP is low for a while.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ah ok. I had fighters/chaos from qul for a while and saw mad/march from joachim so was curious. I didn't think there was a way but was curious

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I prefer Ulmia but Joachim is also good if you are fighting something that spams status debuffs because he will Cure and Erase too.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I prefer Ulmia but Joachim is also good if you are fighting something that spams status debuffs because he will Cure and Erase too.
    Also don't have ulmia, so makes my bard decision easy (if I want to use one)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh, and Joachim will use Carnage Elegy if his macc is high enough to land it (which is not often on stuff above fodder).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't even bother with brds anymore since cornelia came out. I actually dislike Joachim because he cures. Dude spams nas and cures when far superior curers are in pt, quickly runs out of mp and then starts ballading just for himself.

For NNI pretty much everything is basically fodder. All meleeing is more or less a wash and kind of terrible. Just the engage/unengaged time/animation adds up way more than you realize

The absolute best way to do ws breaks and even the trials that don't care about killing was during the Blurple Behemoth Bashing event. Sadly they haven't done that event since the one time

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've gotten to floor 100 a few times solo (no mule) playing completely vanilla on SMN so it's definitely possible with a lot of luck on jumps and easy floors (order lamp floors are a huge waste of time solo)

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Me and a friend used to duo it and get to 100 fairly often, even with lamp floors its doesnt take long to complete. Lucky jumps certainly help

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've been reading around but I missed any potential definitive answers and being that it's years later I guess I haven't looked in the right place. I'm not able to play so I'm attempting a plan of attack for when I get back on Monday.

Trusts level cap at your iLVL, is this based on when you bring them out, should I find a gearswap for that so I'm 119 when I summon?

In regards to Ambuscade Salvage, Nyzul and Limbus variant rewards, do you need the base pieces or are they just the same models but totally different gear (BGWiki has Homam as mage gears? dafuq is that right? lol). The way it looks is I buy the new pieces, then +1 and +2 them, all 3 steps internally within Ambuscade? I'm pretty much 100% on all that old content so It'd be cool to put 'em to use but...

It's been a slow go as per my current gears (Artifact/Relic +2) I'm only able to tri-box/trust the 119's of the both. I figure I'll get a few pieces and then get with some old school friends and do the harder runs.