BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I took a look at the Thf gearswap file and and my head exploded. I don't code or know languages so for me it looks like a bunch of stuff kind of mushed together. Maybe it's rose tinted glasses, but Spellcast seemed to be cleaner and easier to manage. And while looking at the gearswap files I had this thought, and maybe I'm way off but I'll share. I'm looking at all of this gear and I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. Like, is gear sets really even needed anymore because it seems like all gear has a ton of stats on it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Once you get to 99, trusts will be whatever your current ilvl is at that moment.

Don't need the old 75/99 gear for the Ambuscade sets. Just get the token/voucher/whatever via Hallmarks or Gallantry, then trade it directly for the piece you want.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If your preferences don't matter, there is ashitacast from ashita (thread should be in this forum) and that is closer to spellcast from what I remember. Functionally, gearswap and ashitacast do really the same thing.

And gear swapping is still a major highlight of XI, but there is also built in gear sets in vanilla that you can use instead of going to programs like gearswap to do it for you.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Once you get to 99, trusts will be whatever your current ilvl is at that moment.

Don't need the old 75/99 gear for the Ambuscade sets. Just get the token/voucher/whatever via Hallmarks or Gallantry, then trade it directly for the piece you want.
    Ah, cool! Gotcha on the Ambuscade sets, thanks.

Pardon my ignorance about Trusts, so their level fluctuates mid battle dependent on my iLVL? A gear set for summoning is not necessary. Realistically its a wash I suppose, as my idle sets will likely be 119 but I tri-box and those other bums ain't up to snuff quite yet, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trust ilvl changes dynamically with the person who called them out's average ilvl. So other characters don't matter. Average ilvl is highly biased to weapon so shouldn't change too much especially since those slots should 99% be higher ilvl stuff outside of some old addon stuff mostly for pet jobs

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I am trying to link my old PlayOnline account to my new Square Enix one, but I don’t remember my PlayOnline password. And when I try to recover it, it tells me to register the game first. Well I don’t want to buy and register the game if I can’t recover my old account lol. Has anyone had any issues with this? I never deleted my character, just cancelled the subscription back in 2011.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Discount campaign is rolling up again on the 28th of December. Ultimate Collection Seeker's edition for 9.99 and Seekers Expansion for 4.99.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Tried NNI this morning using War/Dnc this morning. Had a lot of fun even though I didn't get far at all. I did get a Homestead Axe which looks pretty interesting. I think it will be beneficial to grind some weapons using War and then do the jobs I want to play, which would be Thf/Bst/Blu/Nin. Also need to finish missions. Only a few for ZM and CoP and then done, but just thinking of doing ToAU and WoTG.....barf.

Probably a dumb question, but is any of the cursed -1 stuff even worth buying anymore? I'm collecting the stuff I never got for nostalgia purposes but besides white box is there any true purpose? And is synergy dead as well? Figuring yes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

cursed-1 is used to make 119 abj gear and that's about it's only used.

Synergies only real use is a couple of jug recipes I think (they may have given them real synthesis by now) and like making crafting stalls or the combined neck/waist pieces

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So over the long weekend I was checking the gear and NMs for Escha, Unity, and some other random things like VW, Legion, and Delve. I was comparing this to stuff I could just buy on AH. So far when trying to solo Unity NMs using War/Dnc and 5 trusts I mostly get my ass beat (Unity King Arthro destroys me). When looking at the Serket Unity NM however, I found a youtube video of a Bst soloing it.

For iLvl content what would be the preferred jobs to use with trusts to solo stuff? And/or what is the point where soloing isn't an option anymore?

imo, most Unity mobs aren't even worth going near anymore. As well, soloing ilvl stuff tends to tank the moment you enter escha tier content. Sure, there might be exceptions here and there, but odds are they've also acquired gear you wouldn't have from prior groupings. Basically, SE wants you partying for anything worth a damn these days.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. I've had a good nostalgia kick and will probably still fart around doing other things. I just can't be bothered dealing with other people in video games anymore, especially when it's not PvP.

One thing I noticed while doing skill ups for dagger is it's crazy how fast attacking can get. Using War/Dnc and a bard trust with double march, 27% haste and only 5% dual wield, I was attacking non stop. Was borderline like 100 fists at times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You never played around with capped delay reduction before? You should've seen it back before the tp floor got removed

There's a couple of UNM stuff that are still pretty good. Off of top of my head

Demersal Degen is still pretty great. Not really soloable unless you can sick a pet on the main before it aggros you so the pets don't come after you when they spawn. That's kind of a crapshoot though with how you aren't allowed to claim right after spawn. Pretty easy low man though.

Tanmogayi still solid sword. Pretty much needs a full pt though

Assiduity Pants- solid refresh. Was pretty easy even when it came out

Refined Grip - solid piece for run. not sure about solo but pretty easy duo/trio

Arete del Luna- solid for a resist build if you want to do that. Nm was completely forgettable so I assume easy

Cacoethic Ring - one of the best racc rings solable by a good bst with trusts

Handler's Earring - pet pdt enough said. was soloable almost when it came out

Loricate Collar- great dt piece especially non tank jobs. A really good pup can solo it

Odnowa Earring- used by most tanks and low manable fairly easy

Seething Bomblet - bis ws and mab piece for a few jobs can be solo zerged

Edit: also all you people soloing to floor 100 are way luckier than me. Keep getting long floors and even one run where I went up 17 times I only got to floor 78 (well technically I could've gone higher but exited) friggin like 3-4 2 advances. So if you got the luck more power to you but even triboxing I can't even hit 80 most the time without something like fillmode. So I usually just set to 60 and hit up as many nms along the way

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    For iLvl content what would be the preferred jobs to use with trusts to solo stuff? And/or what is the point where soloing isn't an option anymore?
    Depends on the fight. Personally I tend to use BLU or SCH, but I don't have PUP or BST set up well. I have done things up through some of the Reisenjima T2s dual boxing, but it can depend on the gimmicks of the NM. There have also been campaigns that boost Trust stats and revive them once if they die, which some solo with trust type videos seem to take advantage of (higher end ones here for instance).

You do definitely get to the point where it's not feasible, but there's really quite a lot that's possible to do without a group. The main consideration being how well you need to be set up in the first place to be successful (JPs, gear sets, Trusts, etc), and for that I think if you're not getting help at all it might take a bit more spending time and resources on lower end content.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I've noticed how 2/3 of shouts are JP, which doesn't bother me but would possibly limit invitations. I always stay logged in and last night some rando /tell me "join my LS". My plan as of right now is to finish Thief to 99, do some Sea stuff for nostalgia fun purposes, finish missions, and then either do Bst or start trying to get higher end content done.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Got the bug to play this again after randomly popping into someone's twitch stream. Downloading and patching now, I think I last left my character on Asura, but it hasn't been geared for years. Should have BLU BLM PLD BST GEO COR THF NIN at 99. Debating which one I should start working on when I get back, guess I'll dick around w/ each and see how I feel.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I've noticed how 2/3 of shouts are JP, which doesn't bother me but would possibly limit invitations. I always stay logged in and last night some rando /tell me "join my LS". My plan as of right now is to finish Thief to 99, do some Sea stuff for nostalgia fun purposes, finish missions, and then either do Bst or start trying to get higher end content done.
    You'll be able to do most missions solo or with trusts until you get to some of the SOA stuff, but most people will help if you ask because they get a pretty sizeable bayld reward for helping. Try to do Rhapsodies of Vanadiel missions as you go along for the reward KI they give. Eventually you'll get gated by main story mission completion (Zilart, CoP, ToAU, WOTG, SOA in that order), but it's worth it.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Rhapsody KIs are game changing for people that came/come back imo

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Reaching goldsmithing levels that I never thought I would ever seen in a million years. Currently at 91, still climbing, pure profit synths literally selling to npc. Of course, there has to be pain somewhere and currently that is trying to get the goldsmith's torque from Den of Rancor. I can't imagine how many blue boxes I've gotten, how many brown boxes I've had despawn, how many boxes I've failed...
    The second digit is odd.
    One of the 2 numbers is a 5.
    The second digit is 3, 4, or 5.
    The number is between 27 and 59.
    (If the box has 6 attempts)The first digit is odd.
    Meanwhile, I have 2 other brown boxes waiting to despawn while I waste my time like this. I have actually gotten the Tonberry Mantle or w/e the item is, and I imagine that is the same drop-rate as the torque. Already prepared to see 2 more mantles before I ever see the torque.

Currently leveling my warrior cleaving Den of Rancor bats and jellies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you think that's bad check out the estrucheons