BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 205 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I guess that entry needs some more work then. I don't know the specific recipes, but you probably still need the cooking skill to make jugs even if you're doing it through Synergy.

You're literally sitting there hitting "Enter, Feed Earth Fewell, Enter" "Oh, it blew up, reselect it. Feed Earth Fewell" and just spamming it until you cap. It's the most boring thing I've ever done. At least crafting has some breaks where you go and gather materials.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    It takes that many feeds to cap it. Why would I sit there for a full day to cap it? Just do an hour or two of feed a night and whatever else the rest of the night. Am I missing something?

Edit:
    I understand shooing newbies from crafting in general, but the entry reads that synergy is not worth doing period. I planned on using it for BST jugs since the main reason I was going to level Cooking was jugs..and Synergy is likely much cheaper to cap than Cooking.
    You still need cooking skill to do jugs with Synergy.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Attestations! That's the name! Thanks for the info Byrthnoth!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I guess that entry needs some more work then. I don't know the specific recipes, but you probably still need the cooking skill to make jugs even if you're doing it through Synergy.

You're literally sitting there hitting "Enter, Feed Earth Fewell, Enter" "Oh, it blew up, reselect it. Feed Earth Fewell" and just spamming it until you cap. It's the most boring thing I've ever done. At least crafting has some breaks where you go and gather materials.
    I just got done getting to synergy to 70 and I totally agree w/the boring aspect. I'd just set a goal to do 5 levels per session. It took around 10 days or so as I don't really play that much. While it's subjective if it's "worth it", I think so since I can do my own augments and I've easily made back the cost of leveling it from breaking down abjurations I've got from farming sky for items and money.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there a thread/post somewhere that lists what each job "does" nowadays? Like I have 76pld but it sounds like pld has kinda become lolpld (I never got to really do a lot with it anyways). Mainly looking at which melee class to go with, not sure I want to go back to my blm...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp I'm retarded. Didn't realize you still needed cooking for jugs. Either way, for the effort involved and the cost..its nice to level as a side thing every now and then. I'll probably still do it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't let it put you off of Synergy completely. It is something that I am doing slowly when I have the time. But there are a lot of things that are of a much, much higher priority than it. (But my Galley Kitchen looks awesome.)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Is there a thread/post somewhere that lists what each job "does" nowadays? Like I have 76pld but it sounds like pld has kinda become lolpld (I never got to really do a lot with it anyways). Mainly looking at which melee class to go with, not sure I want to go back to my blm...
    Um...

WAR: Smash stuff, red procs in abyssea
    MNK: smash stuff, tank in lowman abyssea stuff, blue procs at night (any fight you want blue procs for it's best to go @ 22:00-06:00 for blunt time, cover everything with MNK + WHM)
    THF: TH whore everywhere, alternative dynamis soloist
    RDM: extinct
    WHM: best healer by far now
    BLM: yellow procs @ abyssea/voidwatch, occasionally best damage in vw depending on which fight
    PLD: hold adds in voidwatch fights with adds, tank in some fights where a PLD will survive better than others without fanatics
    DRK: top-tier DD for neo-nyzul, VW also favors them heavily for DD
    BST: dynamis farming, old Odin, soloing some older content (Tiamat, Vrtra, various others)
    BRD: buffs, but not necessarily the same as before (due to SCH's embrava), light-based dispel where needed (old odin)
    RNG: procs in vw (vw more or less wants you to cover as many jobs as possible)
    SAM: top-tier DD @ neo-nyzul, good DD @ vw but falls behind DRK or WAR depending
    NIN: procs @ vw (both brd and nin yellow procs for abyssea can be done with them as subjobs), soloing various abyssea mobs
    DRG: one of the last DDs taken for vw, can be a potent DD with mythic/relic, one of the better DDs @ abyssea xp
    SMN: perfect defense, also vw procs (with pup sub smn/pup can hit procs of either pet type now pretty quickly)
    BLU: procs @ vw and abyssea (often have blu/nin to cover those 2 types of yellow proc), can hold its weight as a DD until the most high level fights, best job to solo limbus on, potent DD vs old content or anything level correction's in your favor
    COR: buffs and 2hr resets for various things (you should unlock this if you haven't, only 2hr that can make you money in town)
    PUP: much improved, can pull off some remarkable solos due to improved whm puppet AI
    DNC: alternative dynamis farming, soloing certain content, still most of its use is as a sub (most dynamis soloists go bst/dnc)
    SCH: need 2 for neo-nyzul, embrava basically replaced soul voice marches and added regain/regen to it, various content (AV, Pandemonium Warden, legion) is done with embrava+perfect defense strats

...not an exhaustive list

Old Merits
    BG Level

Any servers/LS's coming together for new/returning players? Starting out fresh again after 6 years not playing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone on Valefor? I recently returned and looking to get back into active playing send me a message.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    If you are coming back, you'll probably be doing a lot of Abyssea to start out with, in which case I'd say WAR NIN or MNK if you want a melee.

WAR and NIN both can cover almost all red proc by themselves, with WAR + NIN covering all of them. MNK not only makes a great tank, but as mentioned, can cover nearly all of Blue proc WS during blunt time - what they can't do, WHM can.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Everything is so... different.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kobb View Post
    Any servers/LS's coming together for new/returning players? Starting out fresh again after 6 years not playing.
    Come to Bismarck

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Come to Bismarck
    ^

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Come to Bismarck
    Done. ;o

Kobb on Bismarck.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cool. Not sure who is on but I will be on in a few mins.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You know what? Fuck it, let's party Bismark...

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Whats the best zone for solo'ng 100's in Dynamis and if it's possible?

Also, can Tiamat, Cerberus, King Arthro, Khimarie be solo'd? If yes, which job?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BST or PLD or probably others, but as always the real challenge is finding it up.
    ??? but likely BST
    The 21-24hr one, can't see anything 99 losing - the sandworm one, haven't tried but due to damage reduction doubt anything can solo.
    Khimaira, dnc/nin nin/dnc pld/dnc bst can all very likely solo

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Planning on making my triumphant return soon, but going to reroll instead of picking up where I left off. It seems much funner that way, that and I forgot my password so fuck it. Bismarck, I'll be comin' to chill pretty soon, just as long as there's room for a nigga.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 205 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast