Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 205 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    I can testify that phoenix, at least, is fairly populated. My ls never has issues with getting randoms for events done, though granted, we joke that half the server is in our ls. (an exaggeration, but we do have issues occasionally with a full ls list and a couple unable to get into ls lol.)

Even without ls help though, i generally don't have issues finding people for content, unless it's really old stuff like assaults. I still manage to put a party together within 20 minutes or so, despite how old it is.
    That sounds pretty amazing considering how old the game is now. I guess starting from scratch won't be as bad as I thought then. Thanks~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I recommend actually going to Phoenix if you want to see that. Lakshmi could not be further from that situation and you could probably fit all the active NA/EUs in two linkshells right now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Siren is fairly dead too, unless you're JP. 500-600 at most during the week with spikes of slightly over 1k on the weekend. At least half of those people must be AFK at all times though considering how hard it is to fill shouts for even recently added content. On the weekend.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I couldn't figure out where to ask this so I'll try here. I'm looking to build up some zeni and i'm curious as to the best mobs to take pictures of. I really don't want to do his current interest of the day and just spam one type if possible.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    I couldn't figure out where to ask this so I'll try here. I'm looking to build up some zeni and i'm curious as to the best mobs to take pictures of. I really don't want to do his current interest of the day and just spam one type if possible.
    abyssea konschtat, conflux 3, take pictures of wyrms there. they give 1000+ points no matter what the interest of the day.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Abyssea - Tahrongi, but otherwise yeah. They give ~1500 points for a decent shot, iirc.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Im new

I was wondering if there was a group on Odin server that i can join. People to trade with or party with or just to ask questions. Im 33 mnk and 17 drg atm. I love the experience solo so far. I use alter egos to help me lvl. Would like crafting advice as well. let me know.

Thank you
    BetterBryan (Bryamut- Odin Server)

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Didn't want to make a topic so I'll ask here. How many instances of ffxi should my pc be able to handle at once? I5-3570k, 8gb ddr3 1866, gtx 770 2gb. Thanks in advance!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

NIGHTMARE - Returning player

I've been playing FFXI on and off since it first came out. Over the years I've always had great issues getting back into it, mainly because of setting it up.

I have all the expansion packs in the form of PS2 discs. I realize that PS2 is no longer really avail in North America, which is fine. I've last played maybe 2 years ago (on the computer) and now for the life of me I cannot get it setup.

This has been a nightmare. I started yesterday on my quest to get this game set up again without avail. I had/have a Square Enix account, and 2 POL accounts (can't remember which one I actually used) and a valid credit card so I thought I had all the tools I needed to get back into the game. So far, no dice. I installed FFXI from The Vana'diel Collection set but i can't use any of the registration codes because they've already been used? So...what the hell is going on they're my codes I put in before? Nightmare continues.

I couldn't sign into either of the PlayOnline accounts, which is a huge issue I suppose. I couldn't remember my POL information so I actually had to set up my old dusty PS2 to get some of the information. POL doesn't have a "Forgot username/password" service which is extremely retarded IMO. So that of course is a big issue but I didn't think end of the world. I don't mind starting from scratch.

I downloaded the POL program from SE's website and after unsuccessfully trying to sign into my 2 accounts, I wanted to just sign up for a new one. I spose this can't be done without a fresh POL registration code or something, who the hell knows. When I tried to create a new POL account through the POL client it just said I needed a Square Enix account. I have a Square Enix account though, all thought its in the state of "Unregistered" right now because I can't even get the friggin game loaded.

So, the nightmare continues. I spent a good portion of my Friday trying to get some sort of workable solution just so I could play the damn game. I've spent a lot of money getting all the expansion packs over the years and again I was able to do this 2 years ago without to many issues...only issue I had was getting registeration codes for the new installs but I called Support and the guy said I could use the registration codes from PS2 discs. Word up because this worked but again I can't even get this far.

So, after about 8 hours of trying everything I could think of, I just said F it, and purchased the game from Steam. $39.99 was the extremely overpriced tag, but I was so frustrated at that point I didn't care. So I download the game through Steam, and it finishes and I'm thinking...FINALLY i can play the game. Wrong.

When I click "Play" through the Steam client, it gives me a message saying "Failed to contact key server." Jesus christ. Now I'm pissed off at Steam for the ultra vague error and no way to try to fix it.

This has been a complete disaster and I'm really not sure what I can do to get back into the friggin game.

Is there anything....anything at all, I can do so I can play this frickin game?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Didn't want to make a topic so I'll ask here. How many instances of ffxi should my pc be able to handle at once? I5-3570k, 8gb ddr3 1866, gtx 770 2gb. Thanks in advance!
    800 x 600 resolution?

8, maybe 12. I have similar stats (more ram) and could run 8 fairly easily.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by V4niity View Post
    Visit the account webpage to sign into your account. You've listed a lot of things you've tried, but it sounds like you've tried them all from within the POL client itself, which is by and large a useless portal to the game. From the account webpage, you'll need to reactivate content IDs (if you're logging into your old account, there is a forgot ID/PW function here), or setup your new account with the keys you've received from Steam.

I know there is some issue when you download/play FFXI from Steam, but I'm not familiar with it. Google around a bit, or maybe someone else will come along and post details about it. Off the top of my head, FFXI through Steam doesn't setup a proper shortcut to the POL client or something, and it requires some manual movement of files, but again, never done it myself and just 100% from memory.

Anyways, as convoluted as it is, once you're on the POL website, you'll have to create a SquareEnix ID to link to your POL ID. If you do this for your old account, you should fine your deactivated content IDs listed. Doing it with your new account will start you fresh. I'm not 100% familiar with linking multiple POL accounts to a SE ID, but I believe if you wanted to, you could do that as well, to have both accounts registered and under the same account name, though the game login ID would differ of course.

Alternatively, since you still have your original registration codes, you could try calling support to get your account info reset if you have no luck signing into it from the account webpage. Reports on calling support vary wildly, some get a super helpful person that takes care of their issue, other's can't get a straight answer for days/weeks, resorting to calling into FFXIV support then requesting to get transferred to someone for XI, etc. It's been a mixed bag. I'd definitely mess around on the account sign in page at least to see if you can figure out the info for your old account before having to resort to calling them.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    800 x 600 resolution?

8, maybe 12. I have similar stats (more ram) and could run 8 fairly easily.
    Thank you for the reply. I've been running three instances with winamp and chrome at 1920x1080 just fine. I added a fourth and it lagged very bad. I'm assuming I'd need to drop my resolution then?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I've been running three instances with winamp and chrome at 1920x1080 just fine. I added a fourth and it lagged very bad. I'm assuming I'd need to drop my resolution then?
    I never tried more than 3 at that resolution personally. When I had that many accounts logged in they were either holding KI or accumulating cruor when aby was at its peak.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by V4niity View Post
    Registration codes expire after use. There's no point to typing them in again after they are linked to an account, except to provide to the support line for recovering an account by proving you are the original owner.

All account management is done throught eh SquareEnix Account web site now. PlayOnline Viewer isn't used for that. Password recovery goes through the web site. Activating Content IDs and paying fees goes through it. Signing into POL Viewer requires you to provide and save your POL ID, POL password, and SE ID, but you can't ever save the SE password.

BTW, Amazon has the collection for $30. Half price 2 weeks ago.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've read through chunks of this thread but am still unclear about whether it is currently possible for EU residents to obtain a US CD-Key for Seekers of Adoulin. I originally had a US account which I stopped playing around 2 years ago, but I also have an EU account which I bought from Steam which I used to dual-box with. My Eu account is currently active and updated with Seekers of Adoulin and I would like to re-activate my US account.

Could anyone tell me where I can obtain a US key? Amazon will only sell to US residents, does Gamestop provide US keys to EU residents? Also, do I still need to have a second US version of POL downloaded to log into US accounts?

Any information you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Check the Square Enix Management page. If your POL ID has EU by it, you need EU codes. Mine is tied to an NA SEID, so I can pay in USD, but my POL ID has JP by it, so I have to buy JP expansion codes. You can log into any account from any region's POL Viewer. There is no "still" as you never needed to log into a matching region except for account management before the SquareEnix Account Management page went live. I had a JP account for the first 8 years, played on NA client through NA POL Viewer, and just used the JP one when I needed to add WebMoney or needed to type in JP.

Best way to obtain the expansion code with the billing address you have is to have someone else buy it for you and provide you the code. I could do it if you had a way to provide me the funds.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Are those +combat skillup items from Sparks worth a shit? I can't find any good info on them.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got a question I cant find any info about atm, is the old gear aka. AF3 Aby, Salvage and other stuff useless now? I read something about upgraded AF armors and item levels but I havent been playing the game since forever. ;3

Would be happy about an answer. x)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    Are those +combat skillup items from Sparks worth a shit? I can't find any good info on them.
    Considering they cost so few sparks and actually are quite effective, yes do get them if you plan on skilling up any combat skills, similarly for magic skills.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Damona View Post
    Got a question I cant find any info about atm, is the old gear aka. AF3 Aby, Salvage and other stuff useless now? I read something about upgraded AF armors and item levels but I havent been playing the game since forever. ;3

Would be happy about an answer. x)
    They are not useless, at least not all of them. A lot of them which are combat related may be (things you use to use for the highest STR or DEX or whatever), however, pieces that offer unique benefits such as JA modification are still quite useful. As for Salvage, the same applies. I would not be surprised if down the line they decide to introduce reforge for Salvage and other gears of the type. AF3(Empyrean) is almost guaranteed to be reforgeabe in the near future.