BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 52 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by pcdavid52a View Post
    They are not useless, at least not all of them. A lot of them which are combat related may be (things you use to use for the highest STR or DEX or whatever), however, pieces that offer unique benefits such as JA modification are still quite useful. As for Salvage, the same applies. I would not be surprised if down the line they decide to introduce reforge for Salvage and other gears of the type. AF3(Empyrean) is almost guaranteed to be reforgeabe in the near future.
    Thats kinda nice to hear, because I got a bit confused with those crazy stats on those upgraded AF1+1+1 (or whatever its called) and dat 119 gear lmao.
    I am still not sure about returning to the game, but its still nice to know that they are still at it. ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Some AF3+2 pieces still have their utility (for example WHM legs, BRD body). Salvage gear can be +1'd through Salvage II, aside Skadi boots and their movement speed, everything is trumped by ilvl gear.
    You can upgrade AF and Relic armor to ilvl (both 109 and 119) with EX items that drop from upgraded version of old BCNMs (the bc60 fights with multiple beastmen, like Borthers d'Auphre) that you can access with a new type of seals (Sacred Kindred Crest) and some crafting materials (such as Damascene Cloth).
    There is also Record of Eminence gear bought with "sparks" that you collect doing simple repeatable tasks like killing 10 mobs in one area or dealing x damage and the like. Not great geat, but will get you started (think about it as the Perle set from abyssea) in the "new" FFXI

greetings citizens,

i was wondering what are the most useful/wanted jobs in seekers of adoullin for events/parties? i have never played seekers before and coming back from a very long break.

i have paladin, dark knigth and beastmaster leveled to 99. no relic weapons.

i am interested in red mage, white mage, ranger, warrior, samurai, summoner, ninja, rune fencer and geomancer. are any of these useful? easy to gear up with respect to relic weapons? my main job has always been paladin but i have decided to give up on it since it seems such a pain to get an Ochain and it seems like an requirement for events. i am sitting on 40-50 million gil so i was planning to spend this on a relic weapon for a dd job.

thank you

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by killingifritlives View Post
    greetings citizens,

i was wondering what are the most useful/wanted jobs in seekers of adoullin for events/parties? i have never played seekers before and coming back from a very long break.

i have paladin, dark knigth and beastmaster leveled to 99. no relic weapons.

i am interested in red mage, white mage, ranger, warrior, samurai, summoner, ninja, rune fencer and geomancer. are any of these useful? easy to gear up with respect to relic weapons? my main job has always been paladin but i have decided to give up on it since it seems such a pain to get an Ochain and it seems like an requirement for events. i am sitting on 40-50 million gil so i was planning to spend this on a relic weapon for a dd job.

thank you
    for current endgame, of which Delve is only part:

BRD: you will need daur or terpander, but they are taken to everything
    PLD: you will need an aegis and ochain (priwen might be passable for certain things), but they are taken to almost everything
    MNK: ubiquitous in delve 1, good in most of delve 2
    RNG: taken frequently to VD mission battlefields, and basically has marjami delve to themselves
    WHM: needed for everything
    SAM, WAR, DRK, NIN: second string, generally
    RDM, GEO, SMN: Near-useless on VD mission battlefields, but useful for a lot of other content
    RUN, BST: no

If you're going to make a DD relic weapon (50m isn't enough, though) then make an annihilator. It's really the only relic weapon that is still an immense improvement over anything else available.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    for current endgame, of which Delve is only part:

BRD: you will need daur or terpander, but they are taken to everything
    PLD: you will need an aegis and ochain (priwen might be passable for certain things), but they are taken to almost everything
    MNK: ubiquitous in delve 1, good in most of delve 2
    RNG: taken frequently to VD mission battlefields, and basically has marjami delve to themselves
    WHM: needed for everything
    SAM, WAR, DRK, NIN: second string, generally
    RDM, GEO, SMN: Near-useless on VD mission battlefields, but useful for a lot of other content
    RUN, BST: no

If you're going to make a DD relic weapon (50m isn't enough, though) then make an annihilator. It's really the only relic weapon that is still an immense improvement over anything else available.
    thanks a lot.

for dynamis farming,do you recommend bst or thief?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by killingifritlives View Post
    thanks a lot.

for dynamis farming,do you recommend bst or thief?
    thf

well, it looks like my decision 10 years ago has come back to haunt me once again. it is not possible to download seekers of adoulin directly from square enix. i play on us version but i live in europe. all the usa sites seem to require a usa billing address to buy. . . are there any eu players here who play us version and managed to buy seekers of adoulin usa version somewhere?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I managed to get the US expansion from the Square site, when you get to the payment section and input your address, just change your country to falkland islands, it will say it cant verify your address and ask if you want to continue anyway, just say yes.

thanks, it worked. now i get pol errors when updating. time never change.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I've been running three instances with winamp and chrome at 1920x1080 just fine. I added a fourth and it lagged very bad. I'm assuming I'd need to drop my resolution then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I never tried more than 3 at that resolution personally. When I had that many accounts logged in they were either holding KI or accumulating cruor when aby was at its peak.
    Just got around to trying a lower resolution. 800x600 background resolution 1024x1024. 3 instances I'm fine. 4th added and lag city. Any idea?

edit: Forgot to mention, on private server you cannot disable effect which really sucks.

edit2: shut down everything but 4 instances of ffxi and still crazy lag. Go to 3 instances but have 12 youtube videos playing, 3 other chrome tabs, extensions, and winamp....no lag. I don't get it.....

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just came back to the game at lv 90 NIN/MNK/WHM/BST I believe. What should I do first and second? I'm pretty much lost and everyone seems to be in their little niche group.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    Just came back to the game at lv 90 NIN/MNK/WHM/BST I believe. What should I do first and second? I'm pretty much lost and everyone seems to be in their little niche group.
    activate records of eminent
    gez the 3 basic trusts
    get then your jobs to 99
    get with sparks some eminent gear/weapons
    proceed on from there withvarious stuff

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    activate records of eminent
    gez the 3 basic trusts
    get then your jobs to 99
    get with sparks some eminent gear/weapons
    proceed on from there withvarious stuff
    Thanks!

Got my the and mnk to 99 and whm to 86. got some of the spark gear.

Right now im soloing dynamics with thf to get gil. Are there any other instances I can solo for some gil?

Also if you had to choose since there seems to be a ton of new gear. Which area should I start grinding for good gear for thf/nin/mnk and maybe another melee? Are there any other staple jobs I should level up?

Probably not going to level Paladin since it seems to only be relevant with ochain/aegis.

Edit: currently working on getting max treasure hunter.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hi, I've been reading the thread a bit to try and avoid having to make a post, but it's long as hell and a bit disjointed, so I figured I would just state my situation and ask a few questions.

Myself and two friends are going to be restarting FFXI. Two of us played for eight (or more, I don't want to think about it) years, and one has never played before. We're going to be making three fresh characters using my old bankroll to fund our way through the game and see what there is to be seen. We're going to be casual as fuck: no seekers content, just doing nation missions, quests, CoP, ToAU, etc. for the story.
    So, how do?
    Are CoP areas capped still? How do you even level anymore; GoV, abyssea power leveling?
    I want to keep the ye olde FFXI experience intact for the new person while avoiding the bad shit (eg. waiting six hours for an exp party invite, etc.)
    We're planning on doing MNK (or PLD), BLU, and ???. I figure MNK can still tank shit well, BLU is still a catch-all, and then we can carry the third new person.
    Any insight would be appreciated. We're not super interested in getting ilevel gear, etc. Just a nice adventure to revisit FFXI since it was such a good experience in the past.

Edit: Also, are there any really NA dense servers? Also also, we're not looking for any super serious challenges, but would just grinding to 99 trivialize content too much? I imagine it would.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

what is for you ye "olde ff11 feeling"?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably doing content in the order it came out. Nation missions > RotZ > CoP > etc.
    We'll probably do the whole NM camping thing too, like charybdis, simurgh maybe, and so on. Just to experience the whole breadth of older content without a heavy emphasis on what is currently considered endgame.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

GoV with maybe your fellow NPC buddies (from what I'm reading they won't sap your experience in the update coming in a couple days) would give you guys a full 6-man crew. Though honestly, it's just not possible to remake the old school parties simply because fighting IT++'s are retarded and almost everyone knows that now. And with the changes to signet and such the only thing close to what you'd like would be PLD/WHM/DD fighting T/VT and that would be slow as fuck with only one DD.

I fully support the concept behind doing missions and old school NM's (and I'd do them before hitting 99 and getting sparks gear, which would totally destroy any difficulty). One thing that could interest you guys is maybe getting to 80-90ish, getting 75-era gear and maybe trying a "true abyssea end-game" scenario, which might prove decently difficult since 75-content would still be rather difficult for 3-man teams at that level/gear. Yeah, it's not old school FFXI, but it would be a more intimate and difficult method of playing the game.

I attempted to get my gf into this game a while back, but it was nearly impossible to show her the "old way of things" because level caps are removed in all missions/CoPzones and the difficulty just isn't there anymore for that content. You can still manufacture some difficult scenarios, but you have to truly make them difficult because of your own decisions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I still can't believe we fought IT++ for so many years without anyone saying anything.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I still can't believe we fought IT++ for so many years without anyone saying anything.
    eh, colibri and spartoi were the best camps of their time and were VT

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I left the game when adoulin was released, been farming RoE for AF/relic upgrades. Is there anything else i can do to gear up that can be low manned/soloed?
    My server has virtually no pick up shouts for anything, I feel I must be missing something because my progress at gear is dead slow.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast