BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by niacin View Post
    I left the game when adoulin was released, been farming RoE for AF/relic upgrades. Is there anything else i can do to gear up that can be low manned/soloed?
    My server has virtually no pick up shouts for anything, I feel I must be missing something because my progress at gear is dead slow.
    eminent gear from RoE?, rala skirmish and cirdas skirmish and later when better geared yorcia skirmish. everythign else requires a solid PT. There is also the option to change servers now in 3 days back and forth, maybe move ot a more lively server like phoenix, bahamut, asura and odin?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    eminent gear from RoE?, rala skirmish and cirdas skirmish and later when better geared yorcia skirmish. everythign else requires a solid PT. There is also the option to change servers now in 3 days back and forth, maybe move ot a more lively server like phoenix, bahamut, asura and odin?
    Yeah I plan to move to phoenix in awhile with some friends. What Kinda gear do I need to get started with rala/cirdas skirmis? Thanks for the help.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Soupbowl View Post
    Yeah I plan to move to phoenix in awhile with some friends. What Kinda gear do I need to get started with rala/cirdas skirmis? Thanks for the help.
    Accidentally posted on husbands account! But that was me

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by niacin View Post
    Accidentally posted on husbands account! But that was me
    eminent gear is overkill for rala/cridas, and also yorcia, so with eminent gear you should have no problems clearing the content at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I reactivated yesterday, loaded up on marbles and trusts, and now trying to figure out where to jump in at. I am guessing the best thing to do is work through RoE to put together a ilvl 117 set of gear for my BB mnk to get back in the swing of things?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's SanelyInsane on Ragnarok if you want a group without pickups. Broxas, Ladyj, Redbeam, Brotherbear, Chrystou, Lorand, Scalles, Saviorself can give you a pearl.

Asura also has a huge LS called REDDIT run by Tiktaks. I don't know names of the people in it, but there's a whole subreddit linked off the FFXI one for it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    I reactivated yesterday, loaded up on marbles and trusts, and now trying to figure out where to jump in at. I am guessing the best thing to do is work through RoE to put together a ilvl 117 set of gear for my BB mnk to get back in the swing of things?
    Start upgrading whatever you can. Generally by farming sparks and getting 109/119 relic gear. This is entirely solo-able with gil and time.

Your Black Belt is just a convenient PDT piece. For a while now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Langly View Post
    Start upgrading whatever you can. Generally by farming sparks and getting 109/119 relic gear. This is entirely solo-able with gil and time.

Your Black Belt is just a convenient PDT piece. For a while now.
    What old gear still has use other than specific relic/emp/mythics?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    What old gear still has use other than specific relic/emp/mythics?
    Ehh.... your accessories mostly.

PDT/MDT capes as well as DD capes like Atheling and Letalis.
    MDT Earrings.
    Augmented Dark Rings.
    Stat +7 Rings.
    DD Ammo.
    Belts from VW or Elemental belts/gorgets.

So, mostly accessories. And even then you'll find newer ones from Delve that you'll be needing to carry around anyway.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What's a good head/body piece for THF and MNK I could solo or possibly lowman? Tired of Eminent cap/bd

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm told a dancer can solo AA Mithra. Drop rates aren't great in normal difficulty battles, though. For thief, get Iuitl head.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What should be my priorities as a returning mnk?

I quit back in August/September.

Left off w/ the standard gear of the time

Oatixurs/x/x/Acc or attack ammo
    Whiropool/asperity/bladeborne/steelflash
    Thaumas/haste gloves (but nothing special can't remember which)/epona/rajas
    Atheling/Winduffet/t1 delve/t1 delve (both capped)

Not really sure what's even all been added, where to start, what I should prioritize.

Spharai still worth getting? I left with stage 4 (lol stages1-3), about 1,200 currency, 65m, and 6 marrows

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Relic 119 Legs(Tp)/Hands(Tp), AF119 feet(Tp>/Body(ws)/Hands(ws), Spharai is pretty boss at 119 will beat any non mythic/empy h2h options. Tiger mask from arch angels for tp, Otronif +1 gear from skirmis 2-3 for pdt and some tp options. Can be caught up in no time.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Is my current gear sufficient enough be considered for events/not dead weight? or will I have to take steps at some in-between tier gear to be able to do the content for the goal gear?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Do you have Victory Smite unlocked? If not, that should be your priority.

Assuming you do, you could do Tojil, and AAs on normal, but good luck finding a shout that isn't RNG onry.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Your tp set up as is, is already almost optimal. just replace legs/feet/hands and you are pretty much set. Head you could change to tiger mask from mithra aa, but not a huge deal breaker.

Oh and lvl RUN to 49 if you havent already. Its amazing for Shark delve and you will need it for Kahmir drifts delve and its not awful for Yorcia delve.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

Taera on Odin here looking for a social ls group with helpful and friendly people. Been out since a little before Providence(sp?) Watcher. Thanks!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Assuming you do, you could do Tojil, and AAs on normal, but good luck finding a shout that isn't RNG onry.
    Yeah, all of the newer content (delve 2, merit point BCs on D/VD) is done almost exclusively with relic RNG strats on my server, as far as pick-up groups go anyway. In fact the shark/bee delve shouts I've seen since reactivating were for RNG groups as well lol.

New Merits
    BG Level

I left this game many years ago right before the expansion after ToAU came out(forgot the name) I have a lvl 75 blm and smn and a lot of gear that was really good then from kings and whatnot. I know this game is totally different now and I assume there's no more camping NMs for hours on hours on end right?

Anyways how hard would it be to catch up to everyone now? no more grinding for hours and hours to get a single level?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You'll get lv 99 faster than you can do the limit break quests

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast