Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Recently returned. Last played before SoA was released.

Have NIN, WAR, MNK, and BST 99. Have 90 Emps for WAR, NIN and MNK. I have farmed enough sparks for the ilvl 117 weapons, and also the ilvl 117 armour from sparks.

I basically have no idea where to start, what I should be working on. My gear is generally abyssea gear. Looks like I need to get myself a delve weapon, but will people even invite me with my current gear, can I even contribute?

I have COR at 75, I could level it to 99 if it would be easier to get into delve parties (Not even sure if delve is where I should be starting?). I have literally warped to Adoulin, unlock the Home Point, thats all I have done in the expansion, so lost....

So, where to start?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Level WHM or BRD if you want to get into groups easily. Some groups might take 117 MNK but most want 119. Depending on the shout situation on your server you might need to make your own groups. Delve is probably the easiest option to get 119 gear, skirmish requires doing 3 different tiers of zones for weapons to upgrade to 119 and 2 for armor. Can enter solo next update so might as well wait on that. If you don't have any trusts yet you should get some. High-tier mission BC's will require pretty good gear if you do them above Normal difficulty. After you're done with sparks gear/weapons start using them on Rem chapters to upgrade AF/Relic gear that's useful for your jobs. 109 is generally pretty cheap but 119 might cost you a bit.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Looking to do dyna exp trial for mnk hands. Should I be going /dnc? or with ilv gear should I be able to ride Chakra?

Also, assuming exp ring, is it plausible to get all 20k exp in 1 run? (and if I bring a friend does this hurt or help. He needs a trial in the same zone as well but idk if the exp reduction is worth the kill speed?)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We used to get 20k+ in one run as rng duo/trio before ilvl, I'm sure you should be able to w/o much trouble.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Your best bet would be to find the mobs that were decent challenge to 99, i know in valk its the mobs on left side of the map idk what layout is for qufim. I dual box dynamis and make over 20k exp with a gimp mule each mob (thats dc) gives about 130ish exp per mob with signet. Dnc sub would be the way to go id say unless your friend is a mage, youd also want /dnc for procs anyway unless you dont care about proc or do weaponskill mobs during right time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seeing as you just returned, doing the exp trial will help save 5 tales, but just incase you didn't see, you can skip that stage completely and upgrade +2 w/o aug relic straight to 109 by using 10 tales.

As said though, completing the trial should be trival. I'd personally do Mnk/Dnc just to be able to proc for extra currency and not risk bad luck on resists or anything and having to wait for Chakra recast.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

That was the original plan, but took the entire day to farm 36,000 sparks lol figured would be more time efficient to just do dyna; and use spark farming towards other pars (as my legs are +2 and that's a piece I'm going to want to upgrade as well)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if you came back to a LS or friends or anything, or if you had any seals stocked, but a quick batch of D SKCNM20s can knock out 2 pieces and then some, 3 tales in personal pool, plus 2-4 in loot pool per orb. Bribe them with that tongue action in your sig for their tales and knock out some more pieces. ;P

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

They didn't even have sacred seals when I was around, but I have thousands of the other types (especially beastmen/kindred seals)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you already have +2s it's usually easiet to just augment them than get the extra rem chapters. You can easily solo 20k exp with a ring well before you'd time out. Can probably even do it without an exp ring but I've never bothered since I haven't run out of ring charges in a while. If you only have NQ though it's probably easier to just farm up 200 coins (type varies by job) and get 10 chapters than to bother with +2 and augments. Especially for head and body.

Can convert any seal/crest into sacred kindred crests 3:1 these days if you wanna go the BC route for rem chapters.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If you're not worrying about proccing (except on some that's a little dangerous if you don't), you can easily get 20k exp without any type of assistance in sparks gear.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello,

As a returning player, but doesn't have a 99 job yet, could I have some info regarding what are the best jobs now for DD and their subs? As well as, could anyone inform me what the best things to do after reaching 99 are going to be? Or any referrals to a forum with these answers.

Thanks!

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Wheres the best place to go with some friends to powerlevel some jobs nowadays? Before we quit we'd do sparks farming in B. Tree but the JPs are there like 24/7 now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneve View Post
    Hello,

As a returning player, but doesn't have a 99 job yet, could I have some info regarding what are the best jobs now for DD and their subs? As well as, could anyone inform me what the best things to do after reaching 99 are going to be? Or any referrals to a forum with these answers.

Thanks!
    Geared/played well, most DDs are capable in their own right, if you have an LS or friends you can play with. If you're looking at pugging, Rng and Mnk are pretty much it outside of Yorcia Delve. /War /Sam /Nin are relevant for Rng, /War, /Run, /Dnc are relevant for Mnk.

As far as content, you'd be best off looking at bgwiki. You'll be gearing at a base line at first, consisting of 117 bayld gear, 117 RoE gear, 113-119 Skirmish gear, WKR 115, and 109 >> 119 reforged gear. For weapons, can't go wrong with starting with a 117 bayld or RoE weapon, possibly a 115 WKR weapon after this next update, augments pending.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

More questions! Forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You'll be gearing at a base line at first, consisting of 117 bayld gear, 117 RoE gear, 113-119 Skirmish gear, WKR 115, and 109 >> 119 reforged gear. For weapons, can't go wrong with starting with a 117 bayld or RoE weapon, possibly a 115 WKR weapon after this next update, augments pending.
    Could I have a little bit more in depth about where to start with Bayld gear, I know what RoE is now, Skirmish, and reforged gear? Or just a short definition of these. And what is WKR? Thank you for any info here.

Also I wanted to ask about MNK and RNG are these considered the only "End Game" jobs available? I spent 5 years on FFXI playing everything mage and don't want that game experience again. I was really hoping to get into WAR or DRK.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'm assuming Dnc/thf is going to be my best option for dyna/salvage these days?

What's a quick to get ilv set that would be good? Right now I have a lv 9 qaxxo harness, whirlpool mask, base qaxxo feet, and some decent dnc gear from like a year ago. I have the Izhiikoh and Apotic Kikri as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneve View Post
    Could I have a little bit more in depth about where to start with Bayld gear, I know what RoE is now, Skirmish, and reforged gear? Or just a short definition of these. And what is WKR? Thank you for any info here.

Also I wanted to ask about MNK and RNG are these considered the only "End Game" jobs available? I spent 5 years on FFXI playing everything mage and don't want that game experience again. I was really hoping to get into WAR or DRK.
    WKR is Wildkeeper Reive. Costs 15k bayld to get the KI to get in, but as long as you don't just stand around idle you should get ~25k back by the end. Drops various lvl 106 and lvl 115 gear.

There are currently 6 WKRs, and if you complete all 6 RoE quests for them (repeatable), you can turn them in to the Sparks NPCs to get one WKR drop of your choice.

Bayld gear is purchased at the Peacekeeper's guild. NQ versions are cheap, HQ cost a bit more. Many of them are decent stepping-stone pieces, though Sparks gear will often outdo them.

First tier Skirmish, you kill mobs in a map and get weapons. Second tier you guard a tent, and get lvl 109 armor and a KI to upgrade weapons to +1. Third tier you wander a map and get a KI to upgrade weapons to +2 and armor to +1.

Reforged is an upgrade for all AF and AF2 gear. Get pages from SKCNMs (or trade for them with Sparks), plus certain upgrade materials, and you get nice shiny new stat-vomit gear. Many of them are quite good.

Mnk and Rng are the 'easy' end-game jobs. War and Drk are still viable, but usually as part of a mix where you also have mnks (Formless Strikes and Mantra provide huge amounts of utility that are useful in most events). Rng strategy is just rngs + a pld to plant hate on, so in that kind of setup you generally can't take alternate DDs.

What I mostly see is that, if you really want to join in on stuff, have a variety of job options available. Try for at least two or three alternate types of jobs (eg: DD, ranged DD, healer, buffer, etc), and maybe have another job set aside for solo stuff (you'll be doing a -lot- of meriting for KIs, which is usually either solo or leeching/keying/nuking in a worm party).

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

k-parser still work?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yes, but still not packet-based because I've been spending too much time on other stuff. Also, get 1.6.7 from the Google Drive download location; the version on Google Code is an older version, but I can't upload new files there anymore. There's a link from the Google Code page, though.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What's the auxiliary attack/acc on /checkparam?

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast