BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Your offhand weapon.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok homeless vet here, preparing a comeback. So to wrap my head around the state of FFXI jobs, what is the current pecking order of jobs as far as relevant content/events are concerned? To make it more simple where do jobs fall in these three archtypes: 1. elite/wanted, 2. situational or subpar but acceptable for some things, 3. straight up dead in current state for anything that matters.

Feel free to chime in on whatever you feel like or make complete list if you are bored.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seigfried View Post
    Ok homeless vet here, preparing a comeback. So to wrap my head around the state of FFXI jobs, what is the current pecking order of jobs as far as relevant content/events are concerned? To make it more simple where do jobs fall in these three archtypes: 1. elite/wanted, 2. situational or subpar but acceptable for some things, 3. straight up dead in current state for anything that matters.

Feel free to chime in on whatever you feel like or make complete list if you are bored.
    please keep in mind it depends on what you do, even for elite/wanted, and this is from a PUG view, LS do their own setups usually that are different:
    1. BRD WHM PLD MNK RNG
    2. NIN COR SAM WAR DRK DRG SCH SMN RDM
    3. PUP BST BLM GEO RUN BLU DNC THF
    again keep in mind, this is from a PUG view on anything that matters (hardmodes delve etc.), LSs usually can make almost any combination work.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    please keep in mind it depends on what you do, even for elite/wanted, and this is from a PUG view, LS do their own setups usually that are different:
    1. BRD WHM PLD MNK RNG
    again keep in mind, this is from a PUG view on anything that matters (hardmodes delve etc.), LSs usually can make almost any combination work.
    Of course LS's can make different things work but was just looking for a general guide such as this, thanks!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would bump SMN, DRG, RDM, and DRK down a tier and bump THF up.

Keep in mind that this could change tonight.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

1. BRD WHM PLD MNK RNG
    I'm not sure how PUG groups run Kamihr, but with RNG and MNK, you want a reliable source of slashing too. I'm not sure if this warrants bumping up something like WAR/DRK/SAM up to category 1, as defined by OP, but thought I'd put that out there.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    I'm not sure how PUG groups run Kamihr, but with RNG and MNK, you want a reliable source of slashing too. I'm not sure if this warrants bumping up something like WAR/DRK/SAM up to category 1, as defined by OP, but thought I'd put that out there.
    well i though #1 is what is used alot/most accross the board on different events #2 are jobs that have some niche things going (like slashing dmg or stun like RDM or SCH in delve 1, or SMN for EA, or if more buffs needed COR) and #3 is jobs that wont see the light unless you run with LS or Alliances, but yeah THF might be better served #2

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well i though #1 is what is used alot/most accross the board on different events #2 are jobs that have some niche things going (like slashing dmg or stun like RDM or SCH in delve 1, or SMN for EA, or if more buffs needed COR) and #3 is jobs that wont see the light unless you run with LS or Alliances, but yeah THF might be better served #2
    Yeah Damane's interpretation is more of what I mean. 1. being across the board helpful/wanted in most or all events. 2. Having a spot in certain events or could be an acceptable replacement of a wanted job if you had to go that route. and 3. just straight up dead for anything other than fucking around unless a LS really works hard to fit you in.

Maybe the patch will change some things up.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wanting to come back and mess around but having a hell of a time doing a fresh install. After d/l the steam ver and getting the patches off the krizz website the check files button seems off it will only scan playonline and not show FF file check and the dam thing wants to install 30k files even after the patch downloads. Bah what am I doing wrong!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not knowing what you've done, it is hard to say what you have done wrong. The patch thread is around here somewhere with directions. I'm sure you've read them since you mention it.

Honestly, just queue it up before you go to bed and wake up to a working game really.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by falseliberty View Post
    After d/l the steam ver
    I don't know if it was ever fixed, but I remember reading that on some systems, Steam would install POL and FFXI in an incorrect location, causing all sorts of issues with launching, updating, etc. Without knowing exactly what its doing, I can't say what to do to fix it. A google search or two of steam ffxi issues should point you in the right direction as far as fixing it though. As you said yourself, it shouldn't need to download 30k more files with the updates applied, and it shouldn't. It's prolly in/looking in the wrong directory.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quit in early November - For events I played MNK + COR. I didn't have EVERY piece of gear, but I was competitive with top parsing Tojil. COR had most of the roll / JA enhancing gear but it's definitely a bit lacking. Slowly trying to get back up to speed, but I need some assistance in prioritizing new things+gears. Weapons? Reforged AF? Job Points? Any specific spark gear? Trusts? Is there a relative 'difficulty' to reward ratio (time / actual hardness / need group (ls ded))
    Currently all the new gears+things are overwhelming to go through, but given some time I can separate wheat from chaff
    I never actually got Bee Delve win and I'm basically a stranger to WKR

I see I missed out on a lot of trusts, is that a huge letdown?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Jesus... So I finally got the game running but now windower keeps crashing when it trys to start the game ( not while in Pol ) tried a bunch of diff things and nothing

Is there like a list of common things that could cause Win 4 not to work on bootup?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chrius View Post
    Quit in early November - For events I played MNK + COR. I didn't have EVERY piece of gear, but I was competitive with top parsing Tojil. COR had most of the roll / JA enhancing gear but it's definitely a bit lacking. Slowly trying to get back up to speed, but I need some assistance in prioritizing new things+gears. Weapons? Reforged AF? Job Points? Any specific spark gear? Trusts? Is there a relative 'difficulty' to reward ratio (time / actual hardness / need group (ls ded))
    Currently all the new gears+things are overwhelming to go through, but given some time I can separate wheat from chaff
    I never actually got Bee Delve win and I'm basically a stranger to WKR

I see I missed out on a lot of trusts, is that a huge letdown?
    The good trusts you can unlock at any time are Ulmia, Ayame, Cherukiki, and Kupipi. The only good limited-time one (imo) is Joachim, most of the login campaign trusts are terrible.

For MNK, reforged AF: Feet > Body > Head = Hands >> Legs.
    Reforged Relic: Legs = Hands > Feet >> Body >> Head.
    Weapons: Buy Tinhaspa with Plasm from Delve (KI from the ram or yztarg in Kamihr). Mythic > Empyrean > Relic, but Mythic and Empyrean are effectively equally hard to get, and Relic about a third of the gil and a fraction of the time.
    Spark gear: 5/5 Espial is a passable VS macro set until you have 119 reforged AF+Relic.
    Delve armor: The Qaaxo set augmented with PDT and Accuracy is a very nice set to have, if you have the plasm for it.
    Job points: Bottom of the barrel for time:reward ratio. Go for focus enhancement if you have any JPs.
    WKRs: The Hurkan hat, Achuka mantle, Kumhau pants, Colkhab pants, and Tchakka mask could be nice if augmented correctly but I'm not sure exactly what the best augments on them would be, other than that the Tchakka mask should have fast cast and be used for Utsusemi.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by falseliberty View Post
    Jesus... So I finally got the game running but now windower keeps crashing when it trys to start the game ( not while in Pol ) tried a bunch of diff things and nothing

Is there like a list of common things that could cause Win 4 not to work on bootup?
    Have you logged in to the game via vanilla mode first? Need to log in to create the registry entries. Then you can log out and log in via windower.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Have you logged in to the game via vanilla mode first? Need to log in to create the registry entries. Then you can log out and log in via windower.
    Yup vanilla works fine, just found out windower and windows 8 ain't the best of friends it seems.

friend of mine had same problem it seems when he moved over to Windows 8 and just gave up, but I don't wanna give up ; ;

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh, that's because Windows 8 sucks. You should upgrade to Windows 7.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

holy hell ... got windower to work! ( fucking nightmare ) I'm playing on a large set @ 1080p but the text is kinda rough any options to fix that?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

How many ppl do you need for ToAU kings?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Your MNK and trusts should be fine, lol

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 205 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast