BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 58 of 205 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Yeah, but you can lower the cost sooner if you're behind on imps if you get higher fame.
    true, i was just offering some insight that its possible to get lower KI even withotu high fame. all depends how badly he wants his mule ot hit the 15k WKR KI. on another note i hope they lower the cost more, atm you barely break even in WKR if there is a mass influx of people :/

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Don't rly care about 15k specifically, just want it low enough to where I don't have to do reives in between WKRs

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Don't rly care about 15k specifically, just want it low enough to where I don't have to do reives in between WKRs
    that means you need a 15k KI, depending on the amount of people showing up for WKRs and the time you arrived you wont cap out on Bayld from WKR that easy (at least definitly not during JP prime ¬.¬)

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Best way to skill up blue magic? I'm assuming a simple bot/script and spamming pollen will work? or are there faster methods?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hitting EM+ crap with physical spells will be way faster. Use moogle trust if you have it and skill up food/gear to make it go faster.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

hmm any abyssea mobs I could survive with 119 gear and mounted champion that also has regen so i can spam weak phys blue magic on it? and afk?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I can't think of anything with native regen in abyssea that would be strong enough that you wouldn't eventually kill it with weak spells. Can always try a reive in a zone few people bother with and spam low lvls spells on the roots, they have 0 evasion so shouldn't have issues landing spells on them.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Off the top of my head, I'd presume the baby Mandragoras in Misareaux will be fine. If you want an easier time building up a bunch of mobs in front of you, then trailing the Mandragoras in Attohwa up the side of the mountain (a la MNK guard skilling) may be better. I'm sure there are others.

You'll kill them after a bit, but I'm sure your main concern is if they'll kill you. However, if you want to do long-term AFK, then you'll just want to cast stuff on yourself.

hmm any abyssea mobs I could survive with 119 gear and mounted champion that also has regen so i can spam weak phys blue magic on it? and afk?
    foot pop ALL the turtles and worms in Gustav.
    They're 101~103 iirc and make skilling super easy... and since they're only 101~103, any iLv gear makes them no threat.
    with Moogle, food, and gear... plus any +skill gain buffs you get from doing the turtle+worm GoV... You should have capped blue skill in no time.
    (I just leveld polearm on SAM using them and it only took ~1hr or so to go from 130>>>388. Stacking as much +skill gain gear, food, and the GoV buffs is crack. MUCH better than abyssea IMO.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Best way to skill up blue magic? I'm assuming a simple bot/script and spamming pollen will work? or are there faster methods?
    The fastest way BY FAR is using range spells on colonization reives. However, the only really spammable spell is glutinous dart, which is pretty high level =P

EDIT: and by easy I mean you can literally afk spam with no fear of death or anything.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Question regarding relic upgrading for someone out of the ffxi scene for 2 years

Sorry if this topic is redundant or the info is obtainable elsewhere, but when you go to 119 your relics,

what stage do they have to be at to do so. I suspect level 99 but do not need stage 2 99 (Afterglow). Is

this the case? or what is the truth about it. I'm looking to finish a yoichi. Thanks for your feedback in

advance

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arceo2400 View Post
    Question regarding relic upgrading for someone out of the ffxi scene for 2 years

Sorry if this topic is redundant or the info is obtainable elsewhere, but when you go to 119 your relics,

what stage do they have to be at to do so. I suspect level 99 but do not need stage 2 99 (Afterglow). Is

this the case? or what is the truth about it. I'm looking to finish a yoichi. Thanks for your feedback in

advance
    It can be either. You can do:

99 -> 119
    99 Afterglow -> 119 Afterglow
    99 -> 119 -> 119 Afterglow

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by arceo2400 View Post

advance
    What Priran said. Also, in case you're not already aware, you will need one of the following to get the quest from Oboro: SCKNM 20 BC win on "difficult" or higher, a high tier AA win on "normal" or higher I think it works for the other merit point Mission battles too, or a Delve mega boss win. After that talk to Oboro with your 99 relic equipped and you'll be able to trade that + 300 plutons for 119 version.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Being bored shitless and thinking of reactivating. Couple questions first though. How´s the server (Cerberus if anybody here plays on there) population these days, specifically at EU times?
    Estimated amount of headache and time required to get my mains up to date (including MNK with like 95% finished Spharai)?
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Cerberus/Virgil#item-sets
    Sets are up to date from when I quit iirc.
    Suggested jobs to get up there first?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Being bored shitless and thinking of reactivating. Couple questions first though. How´s the server (Cerberus if anybody here plays on there) population these days, specifically at EU times?
    Estimated amount of headache and time required to get my mains up to date (including MNK with like 95% finished Spharai)?
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Cerberus/Virgil#item-sets
    Sets are up to date from when I quit iirc.
    Suggested jobs to get up there first?
    Dont know about cerberus population, but i think its one of the lesser populated servers during EU times I guess. Bahamut Odin Asura and Phoenix (where I am) have around 800+ people during EU prime.
    Possibly best if you play with some friends or in a shell.
    your best bet to get something going on the jobs you have listed uuuuuhh:
    - maybe your pld can help you get some chapters for ilvl 109 artifact and relic, later on when decently geared will get you some chapters for lvl 119 relic and AF.
    well yeah, your SAM or MNK might get somethign going when they get some good gear, but you have like 0 supportiv jobs like BRD WHM SCH RDM or anything the like :/

for BC and Hardmode battles: PLD is prolly your best bet
    for Delve and Skirmish: MNK and SAM once you upgrade your relic weapons to ilvl 119 and get some decent gear.
    In any case withotu a shell/friends its gonna be an uphill battle without a job like BRD or WHM in your repertoire. I would look for shells for returning players, i believe there exists one on Asure and maybe on the other servers too.

this is your steping stones in order to gear up your jobs:
    - Records of Eminence gear (ilvl 117, only basic stats, can be easy bought with eminence sparks)
    - ilvl 109 AF and Relic + get a clear on a tough SCNM 20 battle to unlock oroboro (Port jeuno) to be able to upgrade your Relic weapons to ilvl 119 from lvl 99
    - Yorcia skirmish for armor (ilvl 113)
    - Delve 1.0 gear (pre Boss NMs) (ilvl 110 only some pieces decent)
    - throw in +1 bayld gear that you seem will fit you fromt the peacekeeper coalition, bayld can be gained by doing colonization/lair reives from adoulin (ilvl 115-117)
    - Wildkeeper reive gear augmented (you need to proceed in the storylin of Adoulin to be able to engage them) (ilvl 115)
    - upgraded yorcia skimish armor via outer rakaznar skirmish (ilvl 119)
    - Delve 1.0 boss gear (ilvl 119)
    - Hardmode gear and AF Relic 119 from hardmode missio battles (ilvl 119)
    - Delve 2.0 gear (ilvl 119)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

First of all thanks for the answers. Hmm I figured it´d be a problem that I don´t have a support job on this char. Used to have a WHM/BRD mule that sadly isn´t available to me anymore.
    Guess I´ll see if I can get in touch with anybody on Cerb I still know and go from there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Which seal/crest battles can alter egos be used in?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Which seal/crest battles can alter egos be used in?
    all SCNM 10 and 20 battles (sacred kindred crest seal battles)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Recently came back with my wife, are any of the skc20 fights duo-able?

We have lots of job combinations and we can gear up in the new eminence sets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah with trusts they are easy to duo, possibly even solo some of them depending on the difficulty. I've done up to Difficult with 3 people and trusts, and Normal as a duo with trusts. PLD or something sturdy to hold the mobs while you kill them one by one is the best way. They can also be slept with enough macc but I think this is a lot more difficult at Difficult and above (go figure.)

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 205 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast