An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Windy/Bast missions have you running through IT++ mobs. I think Ranparre's has IT++ otw to Beau too. The basement of CN has crazy shit too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Whats a good way to level 1~50 now a days solo on jobs that arent great at solo that level, without using abyssea, reliably?
    Solo to 30 I can do, or parties outside Abyssea to 99.

Solo, use Field Manuals all the time and your NPC buddy if it gets hard, 1-10 outside starter city. 11-18 in Tahrongi foing entrance close to Sarutabaruta, and then moving to the crag. 19-25 in Buburimu starting near the outpost and then moving to the area around Mhaura. 26-31 is birds near Jeuno zone line for Battalia Downs.

Parties/alliances doing Grounds Tomes, 11-20 Gusgen Mines doing skeletons while level synced. Crawler's Nest until about 40 on bees and crawlers. Garlaige Citadel has worked for me afterward. Finally, at about 50 until 75 or 99, Bostanieux Oubliette will work with bloodsuckers.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Solo to 30 I can do, or parties outside Abyssea to 99.

Solo, use Field Manuals all the time and your NPC buddy if it gets hard, 1-10 outside starter city. 11-18 in Tahrongi foing entrance close to Sarutabaruta, and then moving to the crag. 19-25 in Buburimu starting near the outpost and then moving to the area around Mhaura. 26-31 is birds near Jeuno zone line for Battalia Downs.

Parties/alliances doing Grounds Tomes, 11-20 Gusgen Mines doing skeletons while level synced. Crawler's Nest until about 40 on bees and crawlers. Garlaige Citadel has worked for me afterward. Finally, at about 50 until 75 or 99, Bostanieux Oubliette will work with bloodsuckers.
    Just wanna say thanks. Been using this as a rough guide to get all the jobs I wanna level for main/subs to 30 and it is making my life much easier. Gusgen was pretty amazing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Any BGer's that have restarted from scratch on Odin lately?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wondering how bad it is to start playing this again... Nostalgia has its grip thinking of reactivating. My brother would be getting a new account and i'd be reactivating one from moogle kupo d'etat era. How bad is it to level up now? Servers still pretty busy? My char is on Asura any info from people there?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

it shouldn't be bad for anyone to start back up atm. something to keep in mind though, 150-200k + exp a hr in abyssea IS going to blow your mind first time you experience it. jobs can be done 1-99 in 3-4 days fairly easily now. VW is gonna be your primary past time a while (gonna learn to hate its drops after a while). get friends and make some empy's at least. they're easy as shit to do and decent parties prefer you have one in VW. relics are cake now even. can do relics solo now in 3 months tops if you put in the work and effort to do one.

When you start VW get the fanatics drink KI. can not stress that the hell enough.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Let me know if you figure this out.

I convinced my brother to start over, and he can't get his beret either.
    My cousin and i both got our berets, but my brother was unable. Got it the normal way, enter code, talk then get it from festive moogle. I re-activated and cousin and brother both new accounts.

Its amazing how much has changed .. and wow trying to get used to the controls after so many mouse/keyboard mmo's. Although going from originally playing on ps2, and now playing on OP PC (for this anyway) graphics look alot better than i remember. One thing i'm loving is that i see many people still wearing gear i have at 99. Hated tier gear from other games.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dantes Flailer
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So i'm about to come back to the game, i sorta quit @ the level 85-90 cap release, is there a lot of new things? or anything considered fun lol

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by DantesTheBannedPLD View Post
    So i'm about to come back to the game, i sorta quit @ the level 85-90 cap release, is there a lot of new things? or anything considered fun lol
    Hit me up with you get back \o/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dantes Flailer
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Siren

im playing a trial char atm till friday/saturday. Names ethx lol...can't send tells to ppl unless they send it first

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by DantesTheBannedPLD View Post
    depends if you consider abyssea fun or RandomNumberGenerator

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

People keep posting the same or similar questions, "what's new since I left back in XXXX" - original post of this thread is structured to try to answer those questions:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...=1#post5283376

This list on BG Wiki shows highlights of what was added when so you can get a feel for what's new since you left:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/FFXI_Version_Update_History

And this great guide on BG Wiki by Byrth should prove useful if you decide to come back (or perhaps will influence your decision one way or the other if you're on the fence):
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hey guys! SE claims to have patched the Beret glitch.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Hey guys! SE claims to have patched the Beret glitch.
    if they did, mine still isnt working.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dngnhack View Post
    Wondering how bad it is to start playing this again... Nostalgia has its grip thinking of reactivating. My brother would be getting a new account and i'd be reactivating one from moogle kupo d'etat era. How bad is it to level up now? Servers still pretty busy? My char is on Asura any info from people there?

Asura is one of the most populated servers as far as I know, and there's almost always shouts for all kinds of things happening.

This here should tell you roughly all you need to know to start: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel. Many thanks to Byrth for taking the time to make that guide.

If/when you come back (if you haven't already), can send me a tell in game if you want, character name is Tamoa. I'd be happy to explain things more thoroughly if necessary.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    if they did, mine still isnt working.
    I finally got mine yesterday after I saw on the playonline forums that it was "fixed." I had a message from SE on my POL but I couldn't read it since I have to find my POL mail account, but that may have been them telling me about my beret.

I had my registration code linked to a different character that I had deleted, and on my new character the beret appeared. People asked me if I had to sign up some form online but I didn't.

Don't know if that will help anyone but there's my story.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The message was about the concert, and you can change your POL Mail password from the SE account site under the FFXI section.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    The message was about the concert, and you can change your POL Mail password from the SE account site under the FFXI section.
    Thank you. That changing icon for mail always catches my attention and bugs me to no end.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    Asura is one of the most populated servers as far as I know, and there's almost always shouts for all kinds of things happening.

This here should tell you roughly all you need to know to start: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel. Many thanks to Byrth for taking the time to make that guide.

If/when you come back (if you haven't already), can send me a tell in game if you want, character name is Tamoa. I'd be happy to explain things more thoroughly if necessary.
    I got back in on Monday and wow things are different. I've run around abyssea for a bit and at first lights were confusing but i'm getting it. VW was kinda fun but going as a lvl 78 nin all i could do was the nin magic ones hiding in the corner leeching from a friend on Qilin.(Really like the new bags for that) It's a rush trying to learn everything so quickly and what comes from where for new stuff. Luckily alot of people i knew from 09 are actually around so i've had it easier.

Edit: So far the hardest part of coming back was sorting through all the junk i had in mog house etc

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

So I've been doing alot of Resistance Ops to obtain af3 legs base and I've been doing the one that triggers traps yet i receive 150 resistance points per vanadiel day. Which is the best resistance OPS to do to receive more since I want to get alot of base af3 legs? I want one that gets me ALOT of points and if there's a guide on how to complete it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast