BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 205 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Thank you.. That's what I wanted, thanks so much! Should I go NIN? THF? DNC? BST?
    BST should be fine to solo T1/T2/T3. Falcorr or Gooey Gerard pet should be fine. But do note that Ketea has ice-spike up most of the time and casting multiple -ga spells, so you may want to just let the pet engage it. If you are killing it for the first time, use some more defensive atma setup like RR DG and MM. Once you are confident, you can use more offensive atma setup like RR, Apoc, GH, VV etc. Ask a BLM friend to proc the mob for you as BLM is the best "THF" in abyssea. The BST forum on FFXIAH has some good suggestions for pet DT and reward set, so you may want to check it out.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nekradarken View Post
    BST should be fine to solo T1/T2/T3. Falcorr or Gooey Gerard pet should be fine. But do note that Ketea has ice-spike up most of the time and casting multiple -ga spells, so you may want to just let the pet engage it. If you are killing it for the first time, use some more defensive atma setup like RR DG and MM. Once you are confident, you can use more offensive atma setup like RR, Apoc, GH, VV etc. Ask a BLM friend to proc the mob for you as BLM is the best "THF" in abyssea. The BST forum on FFXIAH has some good suggestions for pet DT and reward set, so you may want to check it out.
    Thank you kind sir. I will, just working on -pdt axe trials now.

So, I am looking to come back to the game in the next week or so when my new laptop arrives. Previously I was on Ramuh in EU timezone so I believe I will have been transferred over to Bahamut. Since deactivating long ago I have now moved to Australia which puts me pretty much into JP primetime when I would be playing in the evenings. Does anyone have any experience playing from this timezone or ideas on a decent server to join with plenty of english speaking players in those times?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hey hey! Long time Loz things tend to run like clockwork almost all hours of the day/night. As for linkshells, I'm not particular of that, mostly team up with ramuh friends to do things. Guildwork might be able shed some light on a linkshell that would suit you best. I'm not completely sure, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yimoa View Post
    Hey hey! Long time Loz things tend to run like clockwork almost all hours of the day/night. As for linkshells, I'm not particular of that, mostly team up with ramuh friends to do things. Guildwork might be able shed some light on a linkshell that would suit you best. I'm not completely sure, personally.
    Yimoa, cool to see your back involved too old friend. I wonder if any of the old faces are still around. Ill give you a shout as soon as I get back on, will be interesting to see what Bahamut is like.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The thought of returning has been crossing my mind lately. I had quit right around when the 99 update came out, so almost all of my jobs were 95. My main was blm (along with all the other mage jobs being leveled), and at the time I pretty much had everything a blm could want.

The problem that really irritated me was space. I realize that there is a lot more "space" available now, but you can still only carry gear that you will use in inventory list. I was 80/80 on my blm and close to it on my other jobs and would have to move things out if I was looking for a drop and it was annoying to think that I couldn't min/max as much as I wanted because I needed space for nuke gear. Has that changed at all? Is any of the new gear better than af3+1/novio etc gear?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

No it really hasn't changed much in that regard. There are new nuking pieces but you still need some of your AF3 like body for idle set, and the specific ones for JA's. Most jobs still are a bitch in terms of inventory space if you're hardcore with them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidelly View Post
    The thought of returning has been crossing my mind lately. I had quit right around when the 99 update came out, so almost all of my jobs were 95. My main was blm (along with all the other mage jobs being leveled), and at the time I pretty much had everything a blm could want.

The problem that really irritated me was space. I realize that there is a lot more "space" available now, but you can still only carry gear that you will use in inventory list. I was 80/80 on my blm and close to it on my other jobs and would have to move things out if I was looking for a drop and it was annoying to think that I couldn't min/max as much as I wanted because I needed space for nuke gear. Has that changed at all? Is any of the new gear better than af3+1/novio etc gear?
    Most jobs do very fine with 70~ inventory slots the exceptions are:
    sch
    blu

those jobs can basicly explode your inventory like nothing else. Especially BLU

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My problem is that I would put everything to use that I could, I was that "hardcore" job person. When I left, I was playing my blm, whm, and rdm with less gear than I optimally wanted to be able to use. Granted, it was things like, oh, let me use as much mind as I can for curing/stoneskin on my blm! Let me bring some nuking gear for giggles on holy! Etc. And yes, of course my sch was always dependent on what the hell I was going to be using it for as far as what gear I would bring. I saw the horrors of blu gearing from friends, so I never leveled it. Meanwhile, my thf and drg could use 65-ish slots and be just fine! Damn DD's!

Another question! Is Voidwatch and this Neo-Nyzul thing the majority of players are doing/spending their time doing?

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

My problem is that I would put everything to use that I could, I was that "hardcore" job person. When I left, I was playing my blm, whm, and rdm with less gear than I optimally wanted to be able to use. Granted, it was things like, oh, let me use as much mind as I can for curing/stoneskin on my blm! Let me bring some nuking gear for giggles on holy! Etc. And yes, of course my sch was always dependent on what the hell I was going to be using it for as far as what gear I would bring. I saw the horrors of blu gearing from friends, so I never leveled it. Meanwhile, my thf and drg could use 65-ish slots and be just fine! Damn DD's!

Another question! Is Voidwatch and this Neo-Nyzul thing the majority of players are doing/spending their time doing?

You can mule some of the ex/rare gear on same POL account. But yeah, if you don't want to spend 30 min on job change/mule gear everytime, and still want to be "hardcore", the only way is to gear/play only 1~3 jobs. Or deal with 30 min job change/gimp gear set.

VW/Neo-Nyzul/Abyssea(?)/ADL/legion/Odin v2 are the main event atm depending on what you need, some ppl also do neo limbus. Personally I only do Legion/VW atm, but majority of player base seems still living in Abby/VW though. Nyzul can be done in weeks with a good static too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Posters commented above, but just another take on "hardcore" BLM gear, since you sounded most focused on BLM. You'll need Emp+2 feet for Dark Magic, Emp+2 (or augmented Valkyrie) legs for nuking, and Emp+2 body for idle refresh. Outside of legs, if you're optimizing, your entire nuking set will be Nares (from Nyzul 2.0). You can get rid of Emp+2 head and Emp+2 hands (no one ever figured out the Douse enhancement on the hands, but it's probably something useless in any case since it already nearly resets your enmity). You'll need Ultima 2.0 to upgrade your Nashira body to Adhara Manteel (dark skill+13), Dynamis to upgrade your Sorc Gloves to +2 (dark skill+15), and you'll want to get Appetence Crown (dark+10, enhanced drain/aspir) from Voidwatch or Striga Crown (nearly identical stats) from Legion or the AH. You'll want Rubeus hands, and maybe feet, (from Voidwatch) for enfeebling. If you're into having +/- resist setups situationally, you'll want some pieces out of the Sorcerer's +2 set...the head, at least, which you'll also want to augment if you're into AM2, and you might want that augmented body for a longer manafont. You'll need Odin 2.0 for the best nuking sash (Othila Sash), but note that VERY few people have this, so you certainly won't be considered gimp without it. I don't think many casual people are even aware of its existence. In order of priority, Nares from Nyzul 2.0 is certainly at the very top. Nares Cap is game-changing for BLM; I can say pretty confidently that it's the single best piece of BLM gear in the game.

Now, after adding all that crap to your inventory, you can get rid of all of your HQ staves (whichever ones you hadn't upgraded to magians staves), by doing the synergy to create a Chatoyant Staff (or just buying one). That should save you at least a few spots of inventory right there unless you had already gotten every relevant magians damage and accuracy staff.

Moral of the story is there's a lot of stuff you'll be adding, but a couple things you can remove, and if you previously had all eight HQ staves in your inventory, you're saving another seven inventory spaces (six assuming you repurchase Earth/Terra's for -PDT), so you might actually come out with more free inventory than before, even after acquiring that gear (since some of it is upgrading and not new acquisition).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks for the replies! If I did return, I had only completed 3 magian staffs (curing, lightning, and ice) so that would be a very nice boon to inventory since I still had a good bit of gil. Nice to know that there are other things for me to try and obtain for my blm, but I may have to re-do some of the base dynamis pieces to upgrade (though from what I remember of dynamis changes that should be easy).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Came across my token while cleaning up and nostalgia got to me.
    Plenty of things to do atleast

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just decided to start back up after 4 years. I'd like to get together with some people in a similar situation. I'm on Bismarck

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Is Asklepian ring useful in any way? Says "Potency for Cure and waltz effects received +3%", does it mean if I was a DNC or PLD and cured myself, I would get the effect or if somebody cured me?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yet another Bismarck native is coming back (as soon as I sort out the payment system BS, that is). I quit last year shortly before the 95 cap increase, mainly due to a lack of available playtime. I still don't have as much time as I'd like to, but I figured I can still play casually and have some fun. I have a couple questions that I'm not quite sure if they belong here or in the RQT, but since they're related to my return I might as well ask here:

1) One of my main priorities (probably THE top one) is finishing my Black Belt. Last year I bought the beard for 2 mill, but I'd like to know if the asking prices have gone up for the egg and tongue or if they've remained stable (assuming of course that people are still popping Kings and selling those drops). On the other hand, how easy are they to lowman now?

2) Are Brawny Adargas worth getting for a non-Vere/Spharai MNK, or is there something better? Hopefully I'll be able to get Vere in the not-too-distant future.

3) Back when I did Divine Might I picked Bushi because my only DD job was SAM. Now I also have THF and I've been thinking about leveling NIN. Would it be worth it to drop Bushi for Suppa?

Sorry if the questions seem noob-ish, being away from this game for a year can do that to you! XD

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
    Yet another Bismarck native is coming back (as soon as I sort out the payment system BS, that is). I quit last year shortly before the 95 cap increase, mainly due to a lack of available playtime. I still don't have as much time as I'd like to, but I figured I can still play casually and have some fun. I have a couple questions that I'm not quite sure if they belong here or in the RQT, but since they're related to my return I might as well ask here:

1) One of my main priorities (probably THE top one) is finishing my Black Belt. Last year I bought the beard for 2 mill, but I'd like to know if the asking prices have gone up for the egg and tongue or if they've remained stable (assuming of course that people are still popping Kings and selling those drops). On the other hand, how easy are they to lowman now?

2) Are Brawny Adargas worth getting for a non-Vere/Spharai MNK, or is there something better? Hopefully I'll be able to get Vere in the not-too-distant future.

3) Back when I did Divine Might I picked Bushi because my only DD job was SAM. Now I also have THF and I've been thinking about leveling NIN. Would it be worth it to drop Bushi for Suppa?

Sorry if the questions seem noob-ish, being away from this game for a year can do that to you! XD
    1) Can't guarantee prices for you, but your best bet is to check FFXIAH for your respective server -- on mine, pops for the NMs are all 1M+ depending on which. [Saw honey wine for 1.4M, for example.]
    2) Yes, stay on those 'till you get Vere.
    3) Suppa does wonders for THF and NIN, so I would recommend doing so -- there are other options for SAM ear slots, as far as I know.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post

On Cerb if you buy directly the BB items

Beard 500k-1mill
    Tongue 500k
    Egg 3-6mill

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rafaras View Post
    Is Asklepian ring useful in any way? Says "Potency for Cure and waltz effects received +3%", does it mean if I was a DNC or PLD and cured myself, I would get the effect or if somebody cured me?
    Better asked in random question thread for more visibility/faster answer, but to answer here.... Both; works on self cures/waltzes and cures/waltzes cast on you. Any cures that you "receive." The term is a separate multiplier from casting cure/waltz potency also, so they stack nicely. That being said, with inventory management being what it is, I find myself hard-pressed to fit pieces like that into the mix. Something like Phalaina Locket works much better, because it has cure potency in both directions, so it's multi-purpose.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...Enhancing_Cure

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Question 1) I tried looking for a easy/good/straight forward strategy to do dynamis as BST or THF but there isnt any. Can anyone post a good guide for that. I'm planning to do Dynamis runs for making gil.

Question 2) Can redoing the Anwig Salad helm battle be solo'd with BST or do I have to shout for members to help out?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 205 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast