Closed Thread
Page 193 of 205 FirstFirst ... 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's still something like 16000 files, and no matter how small they are, the update system still sucks. >< Anyone have an estimate on the actual volume of the total update?

Took me about an hour to go from a fresh digital install and force update in February after my reformat to present. I doubt that little difference in the install would add more than 10m, presuming decent net.

Noted update issues aside, I wouldn't rule out some congestion from returnees, either. It is SE's servers, after all.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

24 hours and still no more than 10 % complete with quite a few times erroring out. Returning player, maybe I'm not the only one...

-Gennss. Phoenix.

edit: Used digital web install, and transfer seems to be capped at 500kbps. on the squeenix side. My cap is 70Mbps. confirmed with speedtest during one of the update failures. At least it continues where it left off...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by gennss View Post
    24 hours and still no more than 10 % complete with quite a few times erroring out. Returning player, maybe I'm not the only one...

-Gennss. Phoenix.

edit: Used digital web install, and transfer seems to be capped at 500kbps. on the squeenix side. My cap is 70Mbps. confirmed with speedtest during one of the update failures. At least it continues where it left off...
    It is definitely not just you. ^^;; They've done two Update Server maints in the last 24hrs, and quite a few people on OF are complaining as well. And yes, the transfer rate is capped on their end, and never seemed to matter how fast my connection was when installing FFXI. You might want to consider trying again, and keep an eye on the POL front page for update notices.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How would one go about recovering a Square Enix ID, POL ID, password, member name... pretty much everything associated with an account. I can't remember anything about the account other than it is associated with the steam download of the seekers ultimate collection.

I can remember my POL ID from my disc install, but the character got banned on that account years ago.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Something that might help newer players out that I finally got around to doing on my second account.. Unlocking your Mog Satchel! It's an "anywhere" bag like the Case or Sack, and it matches the size of your Gobbiebag automatically.

* Setup the One-Time Password on your Account Management page.
    * Setup the One-Time Password software token on your cell phone.
    ** Make sure you confirm the registration with the email they send you.. May end up in a spam folder.
    * It takes a few minutes for it to kick in on your account, so wait ~5-10min before logging in.
    * In the launcher, change your settings to use the One-Time password.
    * Once you get to the main menu, there should be an icon of the authenticator. Pick a character and login.
    Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the Mog Satchel on every character on your account! :D
    ** If the icon isn't there yet, /shutdown and wait a few more minutes before trying again.
    (I know this sounds like a long process, but it really only takes less than 5min to do the whole thing other than the waiting step.

The One-Time Password is a good thing to have as it does add an extra layer of security, but if you find it annoying, then you can remove it via the POL management site.
    If you remove it regularly though, you lose access to your satchel! ><;; BUT! If you remove it via the One-Time Password Emergency Removal page, (intended for if you lost your phone, etc) then you get to keep the satchel! :D

After you see the confirmation screen that it's been removed, follow their instructions and uninstall the app from your phone. If you decide you want to use it again, you will need to reinstall anyway.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Huh, I removed my physical token years ago and kept the satchel.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Huh, I removed my physical token years ago and kept the satchel.
    The documentation says that you lose the satchel, so I'd stick with the Emergency Removal since I know that it works. The only major difference in the process is that the page for it can be tricky to find. Also, don't know if the process differs w/ the physical token vs app, but don't think they are still selling the physical token anymore so shouldn't matter to most.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You just need to attach it to get the Sachel. You can remove it after your character has the sachel, it doesn't go away.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Windower4 Dev (Hook 4.3.2.0) broke for me today.. LuaCore.dll is not being found.
    Error: luacore - Failed to load plugin - (126) Module not found.
    As an aside, Sandbox.dll has been spitting out the same error for a while for me too.
    Both dlls are freshly redownloaded (deleted old ones to force dl) and in the correct folder.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does the TP bonus 1000 gun (ataktos) effect savage blade?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The augmented one should, giving COR/WAR 2450 TP Savage blade minimums.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Similarly a thf can make 2 daggers and fire off 3k last stands at 1k tp

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can people on the same trial team up for those similar to relic ws kill trials?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

edit: NVM, just realized you meant "a thf" - my brain somehow parsed "a the" as "they", meaning COR

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

fucking auto correct. See this is why I hate posting from my phone lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Having came back to the game yesterday and leveling a new job, it's very satisfying to rip through the Dunes with reckless abandon and gain 5 levels in a few minutes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Need something to play to kill time before Stormblood comes out. Maybe thought about play some FFXI. I think last thing I did was beat Rhapsodies of Vana'diel during one of the free months when it first came out. Is there anything interesting to do in FFXI now after you have beat the final missions?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't see a point coming back to XI when stormblood will be out in a couple of days. Play some fun single player game instead