Closed Thread
Page 7 of 205 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Overnight questionnaire time.

- Best FIRST set of weapons to shoot for as a NIN? I know the long term answer is Kannagi and Kikoku, but right now I'm using a Kakesu and a Kamome and I felt like it's not the best that I could attain in the mean time.
    Relic stats don't work in the offhand, so kikoku is pointless. I would just work on kannagi, and str magian is the best offhand. You'd probably want to make an agi/eva magian offhand as well. Before you sink a bunch of time in katana trials thou, be aware that nin is a pretty shitty job outside of abyssea, people wouldn't even bring it to voidwatch if not for procs, and there's no reason to bring it to things like neo-nyzul/legion/whatever ahead of war/sam/drk/mnk/blu.

Overnight questionnaire time.
    - Almost ready to start getting involved in Voidwatch. Out of NIN, PLD, DRG, WAR, DNC, and MNK, which would be the best idea to gear up second as an alternative to NIN for doing stuff?
    For DD jobs, you're going to have a hard time getting invited to pugs without a relic/emp. Aegis/ochain PLD is only brought to hold adds on certain fights, DNC is rarely brought at all. Also keep in mind everyone and their mother has a kannagi, so getting the NIN slot isn't that easy either. If you're not planning on making a relic/emp for your secondary DD, I would recommend DRK or SAM, as those are very effective with resolution/shoha with a regular weapon.

- I'm trying to get my Koga Tekko +2. Don't have the regular yet. Xarcabard or Tavnazia? I've been in a CoP dynamis three times since they were changed, and never saw a regular AF2 piece. At least 15 AF2-1.
    Xarcabard. AF2 is fairly common in CoP dynamis, you just had bad luck. EDIT: Yeah it's the beastmen only for AF, nightmare mobs for -1 only, I forgot about that.

- I need millions of cruor. Right now I don't have any real problems maintaining enough to do anything I need in abyssea with a few hundred thousand, but once I start VW I'm going to need to multiply that many times over. I don't see anyone doing cruor farming. What's the best way to get around this?
    Most cruor outside of an aby farming party is just doing VW.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    - I'm trying to get my Koga Tekko +2. Don't have the regular yet. Xarcabard or Tavnazia? I've been in a CoP dynamis three times since they were changed, and never saw a regular AF2 piece. At least 15 AF2-1.

- I need millions of cruor. Right now I don't have any real problems maintaining enough to do anything I need in abyssea with a few hundred thousand, but once I start VW I'm going to need to multiply that many times over. I don't see anyone doing cruor farming. What's the best way to get around this?
    The beastmen in dreamland dynamis zones drop relic armor. The nightmare monsters don't.

You can either solo farm cruor (slow) or you can get it from voidwatch. If you only use rubicund cells, you gain around 8,000 cruor from each fight on higher tier content. I got 2,000,000 cruor or so from Kaggen before I decided I was wasting time and bought the cells.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    For DD jobs, you're going to have a hard time getting invited to pugs without a relic/emp. Aegis/ochain PLD is only brought to hold adds on certain fights, DNC is rarely brought at all. Also keep in mind everyone and their mother has a kannagi, so getting the NIN slot isn't that easy either. If you're not planning on making a relic/emp for your secondary DD, I would recommend DRK or SAM, as those are very effective with resolution/shoha with a regular weapon.
    In my experience (at least for Provenance Watcher) Ninja is one of the hardest spots to fill. May depend on your server.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any equipment guides for 99 jobs? I am rolling in toau and earlier gear and just hit 99 bst and nin. Lately just been /checking jeuno people and then google what they have on and working on af3+2 as i can.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dngnhack View Post
    Any equipment guides for 99 jobs? I am rolling in toau and earlier gear and just hit 99 bst and nin. Lately just been /checking jeuno people and then google what they have on and working on af3+2 as i can.
    http://myffxigear.kicks-ass.org/

It's not great, but it can be helpful if you're looking for specific stat combinations. I can't comment for a melee job, but building cure potency or nuking sets with the stat selector works pretty good.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dngnhack View Post
    Spend time going through item sets on ffxiAH as well.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

af3 +2 upgrades

I've got a few questions to ask:

Can someone list me a list of NM's that drop coins,cards,stones, and jewels for af3 +2 upgrades that I can attempt by doing solo because I dont want to be bothered by shouting and waiting for people to join my shouts. I can go as BST/DNC/THF/NIN and need to upgrade some of my job af's to +2. Also prefer a time spawn NM for fast productivity.

Also what solo NM's I can attempt to solo so i can attain empy weapons, if that's possible without the possibility of shouting for assistance(any empy except kannagi and masamune please).

Is there an easy guide that shows a tree category of which tier1-2-3 NM's to fight to attain that lets me fight the final boss of any of the zones(preferably solo).

Can Tiamat, Cerberus, King Arthro, Lambo Worm, Khimarie, and DI be solo'd if yes? Which is the preferable job to do so(a guide would help).

Last, I remember duo'ng the BC60 for KC, but dont want to shout for help. Can that be solo'd? If yes, please let me know the strategy and job to do so.

Thanks in advance for all the reply.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    For DD jobs, you're going to have a hard time getting invited to pugs without a relic/emp.
    This really depends on the fight and how your server is. And out of your jobs listed I'd say WAR is the best of them, pretty much a needed job even if you're there more as a proc whore than DD. And WAR can be effective in most fights with resolution as well.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'd say the opposite. Every VW group I go to has so many ukon wars, why would you need a non ukon war?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I'd say the opposite. Every VW group I go to has so many ukon wars, why would you need a non ukon war?
    Because there are plenty of Ukon WARs who are such princesses that they don't know how to proc, even with Great Axe. (Or Provoke for that matter.)

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Armani View Post

Can someone list me a list of NM's that drop coins,cards,stones, and jewels for af3 +2 upgrades that I can attempt by doing solo because I dont want to be bothered by shouting and waiting for people to join my shouts. I can go as BST/DNC/THF/NIN and need to upgrade some of my job af's to +2. Also prefer a time spawn NM for fast productivity.

Also what solo NM's I can attempt to solo so i can attain empy weapons, if that's possible without the possibility of shouting for assistance(any empy except kannagi and masamune please).

Is there an easy guide that shows a tree category of which tier1-2-3 NM's to fight to attain that lets me fight the final boss of any of the zones(preferably solo).

Can Tiamat, Cerberus, King Arthro, Lambo Worm, Khimarie, and DI be solo'd if yes? Which is the preferable job to do so(a guide would help).

Last, I remember duo'ng the BC60 for KC, but dont want to shout for help. Can that be solo'd? If yes, please let me know the strategy and job to do so.

Can I please get a reply to this.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

BST can solo everything on your list, depending on your skills, atmas, gear sets and amount of mulsums you bring. There isn't anything in Abyssea BST can't solo aside from a very select few mobs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Like Omnipotent said, BST can solo all NMs on your list.

It is a bit demanding to ask someone to research all the abyssea NMs for the drop you need. You should find some info from Wiki first and plan for a farming route to get the +1 and +2 items. Then ask for the strategy once you pin-point which abyssea NMs you want to kill.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nekradarken View Post
    Like Omnipotent said, BST can solo all NMs on your list.

It is a bit demanding to ask someone to research all the abyssea NMs for the drop you need. You should find some info from Wiki first and plan for a farming route to get the +1 and +2 items. Then ask for the strategy once you pin-point which abyssea NMs you want to kill.
    Noob BST here so you may read stupid questions from me.

Alright. What is the best NM's to solo for Card of Voyage and Stone of Vision? Could BST solo it?

Also I wanted to ask, some NM's require a colorful abyssite, rest, and then NM pops every 10-15 minutes. A good example would be "Ketea", since it practically drops what I need, how can I get it's KI as fast as possible. Reading it off ffxiwiki hurts my head since it takes you from 1 NM page to another. Can someone please explain it for me for clearly would really appreciate it.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Empyrean_Armor

DL this if you're looking for NM Paths: http://www.ffxicalculator.com/

Battle Events tab > Abyssea Tab > Forced-Spawn NMs tab

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Empyrean_Armor

DL this if you're looking for NM Paths: http://www.ffxicalculator.com/

Battle Events tab > Abyssea Tab > Forced-Spawn NMs tab
    What the ffxicalculator for?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Noob BST here so you may read stupid questions from me.

Alright. What is the best NM's to solo for Card of Voyage and Stone of Vision? Could BST solo it?

Also I wanted to ask, some NM's require a colorful abyssite, rest, and then NM pops every 10-15 minutes. A good example would be "Ketea", since it practically drops what I need, how can I get it's KI as fast as possible. Reading it off ffxiwiki hurts my head since it takes you from 1 NM page to another. Can someone please explain it for me for clearly would really appreciate it.
    For Ketea: You need a certain KI (Crimson Demuline Abyssite) to pop it. The Abyssite randomly drops from Hm'Zdei, which you need a certain KI (Colorful Demuline Abyssite) to pop, that one is from Vu'zdei, which needs a 300cr purchased KI to pop - doesn't have to be Vu'Zedi, you can get colorful Demuline from any abyssea zone, but vu'zedi is one of the easiest to find/kill anyways.

So you:
    Buy Clear Demuline, use it to pop Vu'Zdei. Randomly on death the popper will have the Clear Demuline KI upgrade to Colorful. There are several Vu'Zdei on short repops, so you can basically chainpop them until you get upgrade.
    Use Colorful to pop Hm'Zdei, Randomly on death the popper will have the Colorful Demuline KI upgrade to Crimson. There is only 1 Hm'Zdei, on a 10-15 repop timer.
    Use Crimson to pop Ketea. Crimson is lost on pop and you'll need to restart from Clear. There is only 1 Ketea on a 15-20min repop timer.

You need to /heal on top of the invisible mob to pop any VNM style monsters like the Zdeis or Ketea - if you rest within 300 yalms (max vision is 50 yalms, spell range 20 yalms) it'll tell you the distance/direction to the closest VNM that you have a KI to pop. Anything <5yalms and you'll pop it.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    For Ketea: You need a certain KI (Crimson Demuline Abyssite) to pop it. The Abyssite randomly drops from Hm'Zdei, which you need a certain KI (Colorful Demuline Abyssite) to pop, that one is from Vu'zdei, which needs a 300cr purchased KI to pop - doesn't have to be Vu'Zedi, you can get colorful Demuline from any abyssea zone, but vu'zedi is one of the easiest to find/kill anyways.

So you:
    Buy Clear Demuline, use it to pop Vu'Zdei. Randomly on death the popper will have the Clear Demuline KI upgrade to Colorful. There are several Vu'Zdei on short repops, so you can basically chainpop them until you get upgrade.
    Use Colorful to pop Hm'Zdei, Randomly on death the popper will have the Colorful Demuline KI upgrade to Crimson. There is only 1 Hm'Zdei, on a 10-15 repop timer.
    Use Crimson to pop Ketea. Crimson is lost on pop and you'll need to restart from Clear. There is only 1 Ketea on a 15-20min repop timer.

You need to /heal on top of the invisible mob to pop any VNM style monsters like the Zdeis or Ketea - if you rest within 300 yalms (max vision is 50 yalms, spell range 20 yalms) it'll tell you the distance/direction to the closest VNM that you have a KI to pop. Anything <5yalms and you'll pop it.
    Thank you.. That's what I wanted, thanks so much! Should I go NIN? THF? DNC? BST?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What the ffxicalculator for?
    FFXI calculator has many functions including Haste/sTP calculations + item checker. Since you had issues with figuring out which KIs are needed for which NM, FFXI calculator will help track that easily and shows a chart.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wait a minute....Armani?

Pandavas Armani?

The Ultimate E-body Armani?