Closed Thread
Page 196 of 205 FirstFirst ... 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Quetz is pretty dead.

Asura is generally the go to recommendation.
    The go to recommendation if you want to be overcrowded and bitch about being surprised that a high population causes congestion. If trying to go somewhere with more people then I'd suggest trying a server that has a more reasonable population like uh.. Cerb?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The only actual overcrowding on Asura is Ambuscade near the beginning and end of each month, and maybe CP spots during campaign.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So basically some of the most important places he's going to want to be in for the next month? I'd have thought it would be way worse with the way Asurans act. Mention soloing ambuscade and instantly there's an unruly mob.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    The go to recommendation if you want to be overcrowded and bitch about being surprised that a high population causes congestion. If trying to go somewhere with more people then I'd suggest trying a server that has a more reasonable population like uh.. Cerb?
    This isn't true, but hey how quickly we forget what population numbers used to be after the server mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    So basically some of the most important places he's going to want to be in for the next month? I'd have thought it would be way worse with the way Asurans act. Mention soloing ambuscade and instantly there's an unruly mob.
    People enjoy trolling yells.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The only actual overcrowding on Asura is Ambuscade near the beginning and end of each month, and maybe CP spots during campaign.
    Wow.. people still do campaign?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    They aren't talking about the WoTG content "Campaign". SE refers to a lot of things as campaigns - the monthly login points/exchange is the Login Campaign for instance. Additionally, SE tends to run boosts on select content for the better part of each month, with the naming convention for that referring to most as campaigns (this month's for example). The Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign would be one that might cause some crowding of CP camps.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    SE ruined campaign when they made the mobs come 2 at a time in waves forever.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@Isiolia - alright, gotcha

@spicyryan - well that was completely unnecessary of them. Technically they killed it years ago shortly after WOTG release and kept on fucking with it til no one wanted to do it anymore and that was when big waves were still a thing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thanks to Spicyryan and everyone that kept the BGWiki returning players guide up to date. My brother picked up the game again and convinced me to join him for some casual stuff. I've been reading over everything that was added on the Wiki since I last played. (My SE account says that was like mid 2013, sometime before the snow area of SoA got released.) I'm also surprised to find out that Square has got the 30 day free trial running again, so even though the OP is completely out of date it's still a little useful.

Anyways I've got some questions for y'all longtimers:

The game used to "snap" the mouse cursor to the UI menu options being utilized as you needed them, but the game doesn't seem to do this now. Is there a way to change this to get it back? For example: when you open your main game menu and then select something that goes into a new sub menu, (e.g. regional maps or something) the mouse used to automatically go right to wherever the new active menu selection dialogue was taking place. But now I have to sort of manually move it. Did this change or what?

Do people use the new game macros without using Windower/Ashita for macroing equipment now with the mogbags? Or do most people still just stick to their own PC assisted macros? Or is either way pretty much acceptable depending on your preference?

It sounds like MNK is the new disfavored job, is it actually pretty bad or is it just marginally not very useful for endgame? My brother's playing a MNK job but he probably won't be playing srs endgame type stuff anyway.

What's the situation with RDM? Are they still fairly dynamic and useful or just pretty average. At the time I was last playing you could still manage to have one RDM around for specific alliance stuff but they were clearly becoming average and less desirable in endgame content. I guess it doesn't matter now if you can just use Trusts on most everything.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

who uses a mouse with ffxi? sorry, couldn't resist and don't know the answer, because i've never touched a mouse playing the game.

gearswap is the new spellcast, sticky here has templates you can use. equipset within the game itself is passable early on until you really start to acquire more gear.

yes, mnk is terrible, but if just doing story and lowman easier content it won't matter.

rdm has some niche uses, but is almost always last picked for support when geo/brd/cor are available

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    who uses a mouse with ffxi? sorry, couldn't resist and don't know the answer, because i've never touched a mouse playing the game.
    See that's the thing. When the cursor used to snap to the active submenu immediately I didn't have to move anything I could just arrow menu and hit enter. But now I have to use it and it's a little annoying.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can use your keyboard to move through the menu if using a mouse is annoying now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    See that's the thing. When the cursor used to snap to the active submenu immediately I didn't have to move anything I could just arrow menu and hit enter. But now I have to use it and it's a little annoying.
    Turn off hardware mouse.

While you're at it, try this: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50...ality-graphics

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Casey_ View Post
    Turn off hardware mouse.

While you're at it, try this: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50...ality-graphics
    Thanks. I've tried this out but I'm not sure that it actually worked. If anything it seemed the same and running a little more laggy (vram set to 1024).

Related question: On Windower I used to set the drawdistance out to avoid the ugly "fog". Now when I type "drawdistance set #" nothing happens. Am I using an outdated command, I've tried the things shown on the plugin page but maybe this is out of date now?
    http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id...s:drawdistance

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

drawdistance should be part of the config plugin now, and should be enabled to 10 by default

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Thanks to Spicyryan and everyone that kept the BGWiki returning players guide up to date. My brother picked up the game again and convinced me to join him for some casual stuff. I've been reading over everything that was added on the Wiki since I last played. (My SE account says that was like mid 2013, sometime before the snow area of SoA got released.) I'm also surprised to find out that Square has got the 30 day free trial running again, so even though the OP is completely out of date it's still a little useful.

Anyways I've got some questions for y'all longtimers:

The game used to "snap" the mouse cursor to the UI menu options being utilized as you needed them, but the game doesn't seem to do this now. Is there a way to change this to get it back? For example: when you open your main game menu and then select something that goes into a new sub menu, (e.g. regional maps or something) the mouse used to automatically go right to wherever the new active menu selection dialogue was taking place. But now I have to sort of manually move it. Did this change or what?

Do people use the new game macros without using Windower/Ashita for macroing equipment now with the mogbags? Or do most people still just stick to their own PC assisted macros? Or is either way pretty much acceptable depending on your preference?

It sounds like MNK is the new disfavored job, is it actually pretty bad or is it just marginally not very useful for endgame? My brother's playing a MNK job but he probably won't be playing srs endgame type stuff anyway.

What's the situation with RDM? Are they still fairly dynamic and useful or just pretty average. At the time I was last playing you could still manage to have one RDM around for specific alliance stuff but they were clearly becoming average and less desirable in endgame content. I guess it doesn't matter now if you can just use Trusts on most everything.
    YW, feel free to join in.

Not sure about the mouse.

Gearswap/Ashita are still leagues better than built in macros.

MNK has comparably bad WS damage, and thus is the weakest for it. Recent buffs haven't fixed this.

RDM is pretty much just for enfeebling mobs. Generally that doesn't merit the extra spot.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    drawdistance should be part of the config plugin now, and should be enabled to 10 by default
    Maybe I'm just misremembering things but it doesn't seem to go out as far as it used to. And when I tried setting it to 1 to see the difference nothing changed. ("Drawdistance set 1") For example I'm pretty sure you used to be able to see Mt. Zayholm from Bhaflau Thickets but now the mountain in the distance is a mostly gray mass. It just used to make things so much clearer and stand out more I feel.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you sure the mouse cursor goin to the default button when you open a menu isnt a windows feature? I am sure i have seen that a few times in various forms of windows.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    you sure the mouse cursor goin to the default button when you open a menu isnt a windows feature? I am sure i have seen that a few times in various forms of windows.
    I dunno I might just be misremembering things. I figured I can just hit the enter bar in any case, it's not a big deal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seems like a super dumb question, but it's been a while since I've done Alluvion Skirmish. The option to convert obs frags to pussiance wasn't on the book before going up to the first floor. Has something changed with it?