BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    So I've been doing alot of Resistance Ops to obtain af3 legs base and I've been doing the one that triggers traps yet i receive 150 resistance points per vanadiel day. Which is the best resistance OPS to do to receive more since I want to get alot of base af3 legs? I want one that gets me ALOT of points and if there's a guide on how to complete it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Participating in successful Bastions is a much better/faster way to get points. With the Vanadiel day restriction on Ops I don't think any are particularly fast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Participating in successful Bastions is a much better/faster way to get points. With the Vanadiel day restriction on Ops I don't think any are particularly fast.
    Bastion is faster, yes, but still pretty shitty.

Personally, I found sleeping/gravigaing the entire group of enemy units well away from the NPCs (out near the traps is a good spot) and killing them one at a time to be the best method for quickly accumulating points. Note that killing them all at once (eg. Whiskering them) doesn't get you proper credit (or at least it didn't when I tried it). Once they wake up, they will continue advancing to the Martello, so you don't need to worry about buffs (Stoneskin, shadows, etc.) but you will have to be fast at immobilizing them again.

I've heard of people using Perfect Defense on the NPCs and curing/BPing, but it requires spending some of your hard earned points on Revitalizers every fight. Never tried it myself.

Trying to melee at the Martello when there's a chariot in the mix is a complete waste of time, as you will spend most of your time charmed from Brainjack.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So I've been doing alot of Resistance Ops to obtain af3 legs base and I've been doing the one that triggers traps yet i receive 150 resistance points per vanadiel day. Which is the best resistance OPS to do to receive more since I want to get alot of base af3 legs? I want one that gets me ALOT of points and if there's a guide on how to complete it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    I asked this question pretty recently and was basically given the advice that Cymmina offered. However, I had asked that question before actually trying Bastion, and ended up getting a lot of resistance points (a little less than 1000 per Bastion I think) without sleepga-ing stuff etc. I should note though that I run a few characters and was with a friend at a time so it was pretty easy to wail away on everything without worrying about my survival.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Going beastmaster and having your pet AOE the enemies seems to work well, yuly can tank them for days and usually end up with 2-3k points from just a few minutes of picking them off one by one.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Thank you all and thank you Archdizzle.

Does it matter which Abyssea I do or is it all the same thing?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Resistance credits are universal, I usually do misa coast.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

I'm sitting at about 4million Cruor points. I remember somebody talked about making money with spending cruor's, if yes can somebody tell me how. Very low on gil right now

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm sitting at about 4million Cruor points. I remember somebody talked about making money with spending cruor's, if yes can somebody tell me how. Very low on gil right now
    Buy shit with cruor, sell it to an NPC.

The best return on your cruor, selling to NPC, is Chocobo Blinkers. Basically, go to a Scars zone, go to Conflux #0, and sign up for an Op (otherwiki says Desert Rain II or Ward Warden II, not sure if true but no reason not to use one of those). Then look for the Chocobo Tamer, who will now sell you blinkers for 200 cruor apiece. Grab as many as you want or can carry, then go back to town and NPC them for 529(ish) gil each.

If you're not going straight to NPC, you may be able to get a better return on your cruor by selling the level 78 armor on the AH. The 3k cruor pieces aren't terribly behind Blinkers in terms of NPC value, but with the AH value often being 10k or more, they'd actually net more. It'll just probably take a lot longer.

You can also NPC augmented weapons acquired from Dominion Notes if you've built up a lot of those.

edit: beaten lol

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Buy shit with cruor, sell it to an NPC.

The best return on your cruor, selling to NPC, is Chocobo Blinkers. Basically, go to a Scars zone, go to Conflux #0, and sign up for an Op (otherwiki says Desert Rain II or Ward Warden II, not sure if true but no reason not to use one of those). Then look for the Chocobo Tamer, who will now sell you blinkers for 200 cruor apiece. Grab as many as you want or can carry, then go back to town and NPC them for 529(ish) gil each.

If you're not going straight to NPC, you may be able to get a better return on your cruor by selling the level 78 armor on the AH. The 3k cruor pieces aren't terribly behind Blinkers in terms of NPC value, but with the AH value often being 10k or more, they'd actually net more. It'll just probably take a lot longer.

You can also NPC augmented weapons acquired from Dominion Notes if you've built up a lot of those.
    Thank you very much kind sir and to whoever helped.

Returning player and interested in voidwatch as a lot of good items come from it clearly.

Bit overwhelmed with how to go about things starting from 0 experience with it.

Back before I stopped playing, I talked to the starter city voidwatch npc to start saving stones, but past that I didn't do anything related to voidwatch.

I read the BG-Wiki guide, and I understand the importance of the abyssite and other key items.

My questions:

What is the minimum amount of people I need to start getting some of the more important key items to get into voidwatch groups?

What is the minimum amount of said key items I would need to not get turned away from the groups often?

Can someone explain how the rubius(?) cells work, I know they increase your red alignment which increases item quality? when do you use them, and on what?

Other than the providence(?) zone, what voidwatch fights would I NOT be able to participate in with just the starter city key items. As in not be able to fight and get drops, not whether I can start the fights myself or not.

Voidwatch, like abyssea when I first returned, just seems so overwhelming, especially considering how far it has progressed. In fact it is a bit more intimidating than abyssea was due to the fact that I can't just figure it all out with 1-2 other people.

Any other tips/info on starting up outside of the bg wiki page already linked in this thread about voidwatch would be appreciated.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kaomst View Post
    My questions:

What is the minimum amount of people I need to start getting some of the more important key items to get into voidwatch groups?

What is the minimum amount of said key items I would need to not get turned away from the groups often?

Can someone explain how the rubius(?) cells work, I know they increase your red alignment which increases item quality? when do you use them, and on what?

Other than the providence(?) zone, what voidwatch fights would I NOT be able to participate in with just the starter city key items. As in not be able to fight and get drops, not whether I can start the fights myself or not.
    I helped a friend that just came back to the game get the temp and stone renewal KIs from the city t1/t2s just recently. We went with 2 DDs (both with atmacites and temps) a BLM and two 2boxed WHMs and got them all with ease.

The minimum KIs really depend on the job you want to go on. If you are a mage/support, you really only NEED the buyable KIs for the weakness hints. If going on melee you're going to want most of the temp item KIs, at minimum the ones from city zones.

Rubious cells boost your red light allignment 50% per cell, capping at 150% per fight. You trade them to any rift before the fight.

Aside from provenance, you have no restrictions besides being able to initiate the fight. However you would be limited on warps to the zones that contain the fights. Things like Bismarck and probably Morta would not be very easy to get to without having clearance. Most of them aren't too bad though if you have all of the outpost warps.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaomst View Post
    Returning player and interested in voidwatch as a lot of good items come from it clearly.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Voidwatch_Guide

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Im trying to get in contact with Eu players on any server who has a LS or wants to start one. Anyone know any EU players?

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Since there are less and less shouts for af3 +2 upgrades being made I was thinking if I could solo most mobs in Abyssea with Beastmaster or Summoner or Ninja or Puppetmaster.

Need jewel of ardor's, stone of voyage, stone of vision,etc etc etc but is it possible to solo most of the mobs, if yes please post me a guide to how do to it and the strategies.

Also, I'm thinking of taking up Kannagi and Ukko. Can the NM be solo'd by BST or NIN? if not whats the best setup for overall af3 +2 NM's.

Thanks in advance.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since there are less and less shouts for af3 +2 upgrades being made I was thinking if I could solo most mobs in Abyssea with Beastmaster or Summoner or Ninja or Puppetmaster.

Need jewel of ardor's, stone of voyage, stone of vision,etc etc etc but is it possible to solo most of the mobs, if yes please post me a guide to how do to it and the strategies.

Also, I'm thinking of taking up Kannagi and Ukko. Can the NM be solo'd by BST or NIN? if not whats the best setup for overall af3 +2 NM's.

Thanks in advance.
    All of those jobs have solo options. For instance I know pup can solo Glavoid. There is a video floating around somewhere. Ninja can absolutely solo the first two stages of Kannagi, although luck with Tyrant Tusk is needed for Sobek.

In general though, finding someone who needs the opposite path as you...so chloris for ukko, and carbosse for kannagi is going to make your life easier, and might save you time overall.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    In general though, finding someone who needs the opposite path as you...so chloris for ukko, and carbosse for kannagi is going to make your life easier, and might save you time overall.
    Didnt quite understood what you meant there. Can you please elaborate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think what Buffy is suggesting is to find someone who is working on a different empyrean from the same zone as your's and cleaving for key items from amber boxes. You'll end up with two sets for each notorious monster after some amount of time (I averaged two hours/two sets of Sobek/CC pops). Then you each use your sets, resulting in two pops for your empyrean and two pops for your buddy's empyrean.

The advantage to this is that when you cleave for key items you generally end up with pop sets for every other notorious monster in the zone as well as the one you actually wanted. If you're doing this solo, the other sets are going to waste, as are any duplicate key items from the set you need. With another person, those duplicate key items become another set. The end result is that you both end up with two pop sets for your respective notorious monsters in roughly the same amount of time as it would have taken you to get one set solo.

This is only good advice if you're going to cleave for the key items, though, and it's not always in your best interest to do that. La Theine empyreans, for example, are generally faster to do via the lower tier notorious monsters. Tahrongi empyreans, on the other hand, would be good for cleaving with Buffy's suggestion.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didnt quite understood what you meant there. Can you please elaborate.
    My fault: What TSFFXI wrote applies, but isn't strictly what I meant:

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    I think what Buffy is suggesting is to find someone who is working on a different empyrean from the same zone as your's and cleaving for key items from amber boxes. You'll end up with two sets for each notorious monster after some amount of time (I averaged two hours/two sets of Sobek/CC pops). Then you each use your sets, resulting in two pops for your empyrean and two pops for your buddy's empyrean.

-snip-

This is only good advice if you're going to cleave for the key items, though, and it's not always in your best interest to do that. La Theine empyreans, for example, are generally faster to do via the lower tier notorious monsters. Tahrongi empyreans, on the other hand, would be good for cleaving with Buffy's suggestion.
    Specifically what I was leaning towards was the KI mobs and killing bosses in generally easier with either a dedicated healer, or the opposing Red proc. So a ninja + war will do KI faster because they have all red proc covered, and whm + thf on final mobs will increase the empy item drop rate. So having that second person who needs the opposing mob, might just make things go faster overall, even though you killing more total mobs.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Overnight questionnaire time.

- Best FIRST set of weapons to shoot for as a NIN? I know the long term answer is Kannagi and Kikoku, but right now I'm using a Kakesu and a Kamome and I felt like it's not the best that I could attain in the mean time.

- Almost ready to start getting involved in Voidwatch. Out of NIN, PLD, DRG, WAR, DNC, and MNK, which would be the best idea to gear up second as an alternative to NIN for doing stuff?

- I'm trying to get my Koga Tekko +2. Don't have the regular yet. Xarcabard or Tavnazia? I've been in a CoP dynamis three times since they were changed, and never saw a regular AF2 piece. At least 15 AF2-1.

- I need millions of cruor. Right now I don't have any real problems maintaining enough to do anything I need in abyssea with a few hundred thousand, but once I start VW I'm going to need to multiply that many times over. I don't see anyone doing cruor farming. What's the best way to get around this?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast