BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 189 of 205 FirstFirst ... 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That's not precisely true. Most are around that ratio but a lot differ by small amounts around there some are a bit less and then if no one else is doing them the tenshodo items can sell for a lot more
    True, and NPC prices can also vary depending on where you sell them. In Adoulin I get 27.5K per shield, but if I sell them in Sandy with max fame I get a little over 28K. It's not a substantial difference, but it does add up after a while.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    At this point, someone hosting a more recent file set for tor-renting or even slapping on megaupload would probably be cool to save returnees from the day long install. I'd do it myself if I knew how, but manually going through all the files to find modification dates seems clunky at best. :/
    I'm thinking of returning as well, but not thrilled about the pol updates taking forever. That link does have a "all patches" file as of a year ago though. So it should be close

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone have a list of what Escha temporary items are buyable from the NPC? It'd be handy to know which temps I can be a bit more free with.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

All of them after you kill everything, I think.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Really? I thought it was like Abyssea, where the rarer ones were chest only.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Really? I thought it was like Abyssea, where the rarer ones were chest only.
    Well escha doesn't have some of those rarer ones to begin with. Also technically speaking in abyssea some would drop off specific mobs/nms. HQ macc/mab drink from flans yo!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Some incredibly foolish friends of mine have convinced my dumb ass to resub after 8 years. Instantly felt lost. Going to check out those videos from the first post and see if I can't figure out how to play this thing again.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Job imbalance is a given when you give players almost free choice over multiple gear(gearswaps etc) and Subjobs. Thats the price you will have to pay for spicy things. 14 is considered pretty balanced (mostly) at the cost of makeing the subjob/crossclass ability choices almost moot and limited and the gear stats very bland.

I think XI has NOW a good mix between new and old MMOs, its just very old. There is alot of relevant content you can do solo with trusts, but there is also alot of relevant content you have to team up. If this game would get a remake graphical/UI/QoL, a bit faster, slight changes to combat to make things more interesting and had a higher population it would be insanely good. If that ever happens pls keep "Duty Finder" the fuck away. That shit destroys every MMO.
    Yeah, the current solo/team up mix is solid, but it's still insanely grindy. Hundreds of mil or hundreds of hours for a single ultimate weapon, or RNG for the r/ex drops and then maybe augments. It seems the only sub model the companies think is possible is either to obsolete gear every 1-2 years, or every 5 years plus extreme grind. Anything else will lose subs fast. That's why since i got sick of the grind in 11 i've just stuck with buy to own games that are essentially just for fun. They might come to an end but i won't feel like i'm drawn into a never ending chase for loot

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Playing casually after a 4 year hiatus to scratch an itch.

Is there some trick to getting the trusts to position properly or do you just have to shuffle around until they sort themselves out? Apururu seems inconsistent in staying out of range of AoEs and Koru-Moru wants to stay in melee range no matter what.

Basically have 2 options. The first being to summon people you want to stay out of range last or close to it. The other, if the mob doesn't aggro, is move tightly around it so when you engage they just automatically face it. This technically isn't much different than just running around when engaged, but it could save feeding a bit of TP.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Can someone explain with all the shouts i'm seeing why Brd needs all of REMA? I get mythic and emp for sure, i recall those last i played. But are brd all melee now or what?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sure! I wrote this today on ffxiah:
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35...to/34/#3238857

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Oh yeah g-horn duh lmao. I just didn't see the horns on the bg wiki "ultimate weapon" list and tried to remember. Shows how long since i played. However, your testing is very helpful. Trying to decide how to make use of my 2 char and i was thinking with the update maybe brd+nin is effective again. Or at least, i'd enjoy it more than blu+geo or whatever's fotm. But you're basically saying it's not worth the effort to gear BRD still, at least in a group

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If solo, GEO+NIN would definitely be better than BRD+NIN still, even with all the RMEAs.

The one possible exception is if you're looking to evasion tank something. Mambos got a big boost this last update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If solo, GEO+NIN would definitely be better than BRD+NIN still, even with all the RMEAs.

The one possible exception is if you're looking to evasion tank something. Mambos got a big boost this last update.
    I'm not sure I agree with this fully? Elegy is still pretty great. The difference between GEO and BRD is killspeed vs. survivability. I'd probably want a BRD with me over a GEO for purely duo NIN+support stuff that was challenging.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You'd trade access to Vex/Attunement for Elegy?

If you've got a bard mule and you like it, great. Level GEO on it and your life will be better, though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Elegy for what, random trash bunnies? It's not going to do anything on anything that matters lol. If you want survivability for physical attacks/TP moves, Wilt/Barrier would be superior to anything BRD could do. Plus GEO has an actual native MP pool it can use to help cure if need be, among other things. The BRD update was nice but we're not going to go back to BRDAllTheThings ever again, it's situationally useful now instead of all-powerful for everything

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey now blink tanking might make a comeback. Speaking of bunnies it is somewhat useful against wrathare. Far from necessary but nice

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What's the current state of Windower4 vs. Ashita? I never actually tried Ashita before but I'm in the process of getting everything set up on a new computer after not having played for over a year, and I'm curious if it's worth making the change. I'd probably have to do the same amount of work setting up gearswap vs ashitacast since I apparently never backed up my gearswap lua files and my old computer's hard drive died, so all I have are spellcast xmls that probably have outdated gearsets in them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn View Post
    What's the current state of Windower4 vs. Ashita? I never actually tried Ashita before but I'm in the process of getting everything set up on a new computer after not having played for over a year, and I'm curious if it's worth making the change. I'd probably have to do the same amount of work setting up gearswap vs ashitacast since I apparently never backed up my gearswap lua files and my old computer's hard drive died, so all I have are spellcast xmls that probably have outdated gearsets in them.

Same question. I just reloaded FFXI. Which do people prefer? Will my old spellcast work with gear swap?

I left the game 3.5 years ago and feel super lost lol