Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would have probably spent money on one of the goblin hats they had at fanfest

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would kill someone for that fucking Avatars poster. Seriously. Why won't they print more?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I bought a Windy and Bastok key chain a couple years ago and one broke when I dropped it onto a metal raised floor at work, and the other one started fading after about 2 weeks carrying it in my pocket. If I were to buy another one I'd just put it away as a keepsake.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Apparently the pens have sold out. I am so very disappointed in many of you guys.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

GDI i just got paid too.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm disappointed in me too.

Now excuse me as I turn into a crab.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thought I'd share this as an update to the shenanigans involved with getting a crab pen.

My package left glorious Hong Kong on the 13th with an estimated delivery date of the 16th. I was pleasantly surprised by the speed at which my overpriced goods would be arriving in my grubby hands. From there it did a meandering hobble to Anchorage Alaska, but completely overshot my state by two, landing in Ontario California(I didn't even know there WAS an Ontario California and I grew up there).

At this point I became a tad concerned, that perhaps they had gotten my address wrong. But I could not imagine the level of full retard they would go next. My package was deemed terrorist in origin, and deported to Louisville Kentucky. UPS kindly informed me that it is illegal to harbor terrorists in the states, and that my package would be warehoused until such time that it renounced it's jihad ways.

Luckily for me, my package cracked under the pressure and became a born again Christian, but was send BACK to Ontario California to be held "pending clearance of TSCA (Toxic Substance Control Act)." I have never heard of the TSCA, but I assume it to be the bastard child of the TSA and California, where all toxic waste ends up. What could be toxic about a PEN is beyond me. Maybe they thought I would ingest the ink and are protecting me from myself. I mean, who in their right mind would buy a $20 pen simply for the added benefit of being a virtual crab? Not someone who can be trusted with writing tools, that's for sure.

tl;dr fuck UPS, USA, and TSCA. Give me my damn crab pen.

Also the mandy pillows are back in stock if you feel so obliged.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Obviously the crab was sticking out of the packing peanuts, staring at the inspector as he opened the box. Only logical conclusion: bioweapon. Put that shit in a bomb proof box and ship it to Area 51, AKA "Louisville Kentucky."

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know right? If then pen had fallen and broken, it might have dropped a Steam Clock. And no one wants that.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Someone needs to tell boss Bubbly Bernie to abort mission.

One of our agents have been compromised.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it makes you feel any better my stuff went to the TSCA as well. I guess they're worried about all the lead filled toys coming out of China.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ontario, CA, United States
    07/16/2012 9:28 A.M. Hold pending clearance of TSCA (Toxic Substance Control Act).
    07/16/2012 9:28 A.M. Brokerage released shipment. Shipment is submitted to Clearing Agency for further clearance.

Louisville, KY, United States
    07/15/2012 9:23 A.M. This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency.

Yep. More reports of this on AH, sounds like the whole shipment got diverted there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nice. FFXI pens really need expensive time-consuming government policing

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

God bless America.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Every single package that comes in from out of country through UPS typically goes through their main hub in Kentucky. And no shit they're going to check out imported packages. Complaining because your -pen- took a little while longer to make sure it was a safe package? Holy shit.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

You'd think they would know not to have listed monday as the original expected delivery date then.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If you selected ground, they got 5 business days to get it to you, and if they don't then you can call them up, complain you didn't receive your package within the time frame of their standard delivery service - regardless of what may happened during the shipping period and you can get your shipping refunded, I've heard of so many people doing this when I used to work at UPS, and I'm sure it still applies today unless they bumped up the duration of ground from 3 - 5 days to 3 - 7 or something.

However if UPS dumps it onto the USPS there aint shit you can do about it, all depends on who makes the final delivery at that point I believe.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Every single package that comes in from out of country through UPS typically goes through their main hub in Kentucky. And no shit they're going to check out imported packages. Complaining because your -pen- took a little while longer to make sure it was a safe package? Holy shit.
    I was trying to be amusing. Way to be a douchebag.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

He's always like that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I totally am getting the mandy pillow for my little girl, and probably the gobbie one for my son (6 and 4, respectively). A lot more fun than their current pillow pets.

Of course, from the sounds of it Homeland Security will probably have to slice them open to confirm they aren't harboring kilos of heroin.

....or some cross reference and they'll find out that gobbies have an attack called "Bomb Toss" and we're all fucked.