BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Can someone walk me through tatter & scrap synergy real slow? Do I need to have high level synergy to do it? What pieces are worth augmenting, etc.

Also, voidcluster-things. Catching up on VW clears is going to be lame. How many voidclusters would be necessary to pop & kill a mob with ~6? Specifically looking at the higher tier Jeunos; I imagine the rest could be done with decent/lucky proc-timing with ~6-8?
    There is a synergy thread in the crafting section that has been continually kept up to date since synergy released. The first post should have a comprehensive list of every augmentable item and what the possible augments are. Kirin's pole enhancing skill augment is popular at the moment because of 500 skill enhancing skill builds for embrava.

I haven't used a voidcluster personally, but the chatter is that they are quite strong. You could do the 3 cities with 6-8 except maybe tier 4, then a single cluster is probably enough. After that though, you're going to start to need more people. Luckily, shouts continue to be common for Jeuno, at least on slyph.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Is it possible for BST to solo ACP final battle? I was thinking Gooey on the crystal while I melee adds if they pop?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    There is no way you are gonna clear all of f3 solo but if you do have a relic thf with optimal gear (may be a good idea not to use thf knife also since its so bad for DPS) it may be possible to do all 4 NMs + boss. Would probably require some good gear cells in chest/first fomor and also leaving a few gears unkilled on CC floor
    I reliably clear 4 NMs and the boss every run on thf/dnc. No relic required(good gear though). Also kill all but 8 archaia. I usually skip the first gear room on the third floor(4 gears 4 ramparts.) Seeing as I've finished with as much as 10~ mins left(on good runs), clearing that room as well may be possible, though it may require some luck with cells, etc. I prefer to skip it as I value the boss clear more, and it gives me for wiggle room in case something goes wrong.

And yes, stay away from thf knife. I only swap it in for 1 hit on the boss.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ricekid View Post
    Is it possible for BST to solo ACP final battle? I was thinking Gooey on the crystal while I melee adds if they pop?
    Yes bst can solo np. If you want to play it totally safe, just heal pet during the fight and don't do anything else.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Has anyone whose character got banned for Salvage duping ever gotten their character back?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Heard from a friend of a friend that someone managed to weasel their way out of a salvage ban by knowing someone at SE that was willing to imperil their job for them. Other than that, no.

I haven't done Voidwatch since I got back from a 1.5 year break. How hard are these monsters in comparison to 75 content at 75 cap? Would you compare them to Omega, Khimaira, Suzaku, Jailer of Prudence, etc.?

I feel as if by the time I get to them no one will be doing them anymore.

Edit: Also is there a single best way to skill up Enhancing Magic? Such as a certain spell, cast on someone else vs yourself, etc.?

Edit 2: Also what is the best way to skill up defensive traits (shield/parry) on say, BST? BST/RDM with Phalanx, regen/ducal guard atmas and training DC in Abyssea? Or BST/DNC?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Which is the ideal area/path for alex farming in Salvage? also, whats an average amount of Alex one should be getting per run? Im a little new to it and not sure how i'm doin.

Looking at a group of 3 or 4 w/ a thf.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

SSR. You're going to get about 85 Alex per run without Linens doing Hammerblow->Powderkeg-> All the Gear(s) on floor 3 -> GG3 -> All the Gear(s) on floor 4 + CC -> Boss

Including Linens, assuming TH and the same luck I've had, you'll average about 100 per run. On most servers, this is ~2mil.

Guide: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Silver_Sea_Remnants_Guide

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

If I want to switch from Gold guild to Cloth guild so I can do it's GP items, I just go to Windurst and talk to GP person? Also, my Gold points won't go away anymore either?

With subcraft caps going up to 70, this means one could feasibly get all the aprons/glasses/mitts of all crafts without a penalty?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticelite View Post
    I haven't done Voidwatch since I got back from a 1.5 year break. How hard are these monsters in comparison to 75 content at 75 cap? Would you compare them to Omega, Khimaira, Suzaku, Jailer of Prudence, etc.?

I feel as if by the time I get to them no one will be doing them anymore.

Edit: Also is there a single best way to skill up Enhancing Magic? Such as a certain spell, cast on someone else vs yourself, etc.?
    1) Most VW is like Jailer of Love at 75, which is to say, with competent people and the right jobs, is very easy, or at least straightforward, but with poor players (blms who don't stun, whms slow w/ -na spells, melee who don't eat appropriate food) it can get shitty real fast. The last update introduced Void clusters, which can weaken mobs significantly, taking the sting out of the particularly challenging mobs like Rex/Bismark (well Bismark isn't so hard as he just has decent evasion and very high defense, so your garden-variety Abyssea guy is gonna be flailing away with 60% acc and 500 dmg ws).

2) Enhancing magic, if you have RDM, will skillup fastest in Besieged. Find a clump of npcs and just buff them over and over again, using chainspell whenever it's up. Otherwise find a good SC script and tuck up in a remote corner of the world and watch netflix.

Edit: As to your worry, unless SoA completely negates all VW gear, there will still be plenty of shouts for you. Make it a priority to get your temps (Fool's/Fanatic's from T1 Sandy + T2 Bastok, Ascetic's/Stalwart's from Zilart T1) and 6 stones (any Jeuno T1, Tsui-Goab and Vanasarvik), plus the stone cooldown KI from Bastok T1 and you'll be in good shape.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So I've been trying to get Koga Tekko for about a week now in Xarcabard with TH6 and I'm starting to strongly suspect AF drops correlate to jobs from normal mobs, as in each job can only drop a couple different types of AF2. I'm not interested in testing this, but I'm wondering if anybody out there happens to have seen Tekko drop (post-dynamis update, preferably) from a normal mob, and if so, what job dropped it? I could at least target those mobs, then.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Code:
    Duke Haures.               1
    Marquis Caim.              1
    the Kindred Beastmaster.   1
    the Kindred Black Mage.    1
    the Kindred Ninja.         1
    the Kindred Paladin.       1
    Count Haagenti.            2
    the Kindred Red Mage.      2
    the Kindred Samurai.       2
    the Kindred Warrior.       2
    the Kindred Monk.          3
    the Kindred Ranger.        3
    the Kindred Summoner.      3
    the Kindred White Mage.    3
    the Kindred Bard.          6
    the Kindred Dark Knight.   7
    the Kindred Dragoon.       7
    I guess target BRD DRK DRG? Realistically I'd say drops from anything and just bad luck for you.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

For what its worth, I parsed my logs...entered dyn-X 9 times, and a total of 0 Koga Tekkos have dropped to me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Alright, thanks guys. I figured there wasn't a trick to it; it's just every entrance effectively costs me 1 million+ so if there was a way to speed it up, I figured it was worth asking.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Wasn't there some sort of color coding that went along with the job names? For example, in WoW, Mages are light blue, Druids are orange, Paladins are Pink etc. etc.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Alright, thanks guys. I figured there wasn't a trick to it; it's just every entrance effectively costs me 1 million+ so if there was a way to speed it up, I figured it was worth asking.
    Go farm the nin NM if you want, atleast you'll know if AF drops from him, its guaranteed to be the tekko. I doubt you'll have competition for it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thanks Byrth…and sorry I didn’t read the previous page or 2 beforehand …looks like the exact same question was asked/answered ><

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

Bumping, anyone know the leather/gold caps on Cursed Breastplate synth?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

is it possible for me to remove my authenticator without actually having it? still have the thing but out of my reach at the moment and thinking about trying the game again.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast