+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's a guy just before you fight Dyne that calls him boss. I have a screenshot I think, if not I'll check when I get home.

Here we go:
    http://www.yinza.com/Fandom/Script/17.html

The black guy is Mr Coates

Mr. Coates:
    You don't seem to understand how things work down here.
    This is the Gold Saucer's garbage dump. And that makes alluv ya scrubs.
    The only way to get back up there is to win the Chocobo Race.
    But, it's not as easy as you rookies think.
    Of course, if you got the boss's permission it'd be a different story but, YOU'll never get that!
    Ha ha ha ha.
    Just in case you need a bit more:
    Spoiler: show

Mr. Coates
    Like I told you before, you gotta get the Boss' permission, then win the Chocobo......

Barret
    Dyne's got his reasons an' can't speak.

He pulls out the necklace.

So, I got this, instead.

Mr. Coates
    Yeah, bull--!!

Barret
    I want to go up.

Mr. Coates
    R, right.
    Did you kill Dyne?
    You must've. Or you'd never be holding that thing.
    ...So Dyne's dead... Maybe now, the place'll calm down a little.
    Dyne didn't care who anyone was......

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Speaking of the chocobo race, maybe I'm missing something since I haven't touched FF7 in over 5 years, but what the hell is with that place's policy? You're convicted of murder and they let you go just by winning a race?
    They don't explain it, but considering its a gamblers prison most of the people downstairs probably aren't there for murder. The NPC's are all thieves and lairs. If anything, why would you throw a psychopath in with them when you're bilking them for the money they owe you? Dead men can't pay dues.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That does make sense. I remember those annoying bastard NPCs that would follow you and steal your shit if they got too close.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release with extra online features (achievements etc)

I always wondered why nobody bothered to tell Sephiroth to chill with the crazy, Jenova ain't his real mom.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wonder how much of it gets lost in translation? Not to say the Japanese version is perfect or anything but I've heard a lot of censoring and editing of things and "crunching" of text occurs during translation that can eat up some of the story. It's a little hokey but I really like the re-done text of Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. Sure it went a little overboard with the old English, but I noticed subtle things that made me enjoy the story more like Zalbag's character. In the original, I thought he was a smart ass punk. In the re-make, his text alone made him sound more like a bad-ass worthy of the title Ark Knight (even though he's still a pansy).

If this remake of FFVII came with updated text and lingo on par with FFT, I'd buy it. It might help fix some of the plot holes.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Its not a remake, its just a re release that looks nicer. From what I can tell its the exact same dialog thats in the PSX version as I haven't noticed anything new (grammatical errors are still present)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    I always wondered why nobody bothered to tell Sephiroth to chill with the crazy, Jenova ain't his real mom.
    That's also another thing I just found funny about Sephiroth. At the start of Cloud's flashback Sephiroth is pretty much just a normal soldier, but once he reads those journals about him being a human experiment he goes beyond the deep end without any real reason and becomes a psycho with an obsession with Jenova.

People seem to forget that he's not just acting out of his own will, he (and everyone) with Jenova cells in them are susceptible to her will to some degree.

Seph was probably more vulnerable than anyone, being injected with Jenova cells in utero.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^ That. Though I wouldn't say it's forgotten, just that the story doesn't spell it out and you have to read well between the lines to get that information.

He hadn't been in any close proximity to Jenova until Neiblehiem[sic]. Once up to the reactor he was in sufficient proximity to Jenova for Reunion to activate, making him want to investigate everything. That pull, plus finding out he was the worlds ultimate test tube baby, he had been cloned by Shinra multiple times, and that he was not human probably all came together to help him go batshit insane.

It's also worth noting that at the time he (mistakenly) believed that Jenova, and by extension himself, were descendents of the Cetra and therefore enemies of all modern humans.

He most likely didn't find out about the true nature of Jenova until his little 5 year dip in the lifestream.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    That's also another thing I just found funny about Sephiroth. At the start of Cloud's flashback Sephiroth is pretty much just a normal soldier, but once he reads those journals about him being a human experiment he goes beyond the deep end without any real reason and becomes a psycho with an obsession with Jenova.
    That was the private library of Professor Gast and it contained much more than just Sephiroth being an experiment. It contained the whole history of the Ancients/Cetra. He read about how the Cetra brought their race to the planet and settled, and instead of moving on as they normally did, they settled the planet. Jenova was the main figure that wanted to continue to move on to other planets, iirc (or rather, this is the recorded record in the ff7 world). I'm not really sure how that turned into Sephiroth thinking he was suppose to rule the world with Jenova (or bring Jenova to rule the world), which later turned into destroying it with the Black materia, but yeah. Niiro said, the Jenova cells kinda made him crazy. Not to mention, he was a SOLDIER that had unmatched power, and finding out just exactly why he was different probably brought him to a higher purpose.

No matter what Sephiroth thought, the existance of Lucrecia and the fact nobody ever brings that up to the homicidal maniac who believes himself the son of a Lavos expy is the single biggest plot hole in the history of FF.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think in Dirge she explains how once Sephiroth was born he was taken away from her and never told of her existence.
    FF7 supports this, because Sephiroth thinks his mothers name is Jenova before finding the Jenova project on Mt. Nieblehiem.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    ^ That. Though I wouldn't say it's forgotten, just that the story doesn't spell it out and you have to read well between the lines to get that information.

He hadn't been in any close proximity to Jenova until Neiblehiem[sic]. Once up to the reactor he was in sufficient proximity to Jenova for Reunion to activate, making him want to investigate everything. That pull, plus finding out he was the worlds ultimate test tube baby, he had been cloned by Shinra multiple times, and that he was not human probably all came together to help him go batshit insane.
    Hmm, that would make sense to.

Tonko

Anyone know when this will be playable on the Vita? I keep hearing "this summer" but the summer is almost over.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

August 28th is the day PSOne classics come to the Vita.

Not related to the PC release but it's not like there's another VII topic around atm:

The thread made me feel like going back and messing around with the game so I loaded up one of my old playthrus near the end with ruby/emerald undefeated.

I get to Ruby, went into the fight as normal (2 dead pt members), claws in the ground, revived dead PT members, all going well until some arbitrary amount of time into the fight Ruby decided to use Whirlsand and suck up 2 of my chars even tho his claws were embedded (hadn't killed claws at any point).

He's.....not supposed to do that, Whirlsand is only supposed to be used when his claws are retracted. I quit and restarted assuming it was a bug but he did it again, eventually I just outfitted Yuffie to handle him solo and did that instead, but it still left me very confused about wtf was up.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

wasnt the trick suppose to be keep 2 char dead at all time? or something?

been a while

It's supposed to be: start the fight with 2 dead chars, wait for claws to deploy, then bring them back to life and leave the claws alive. His moveset is determined by whether claws are in the ground or not.

You can leave the other chars dead the whole time if you want, but whirlsand isn't supposed to be used when they're in the ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast