FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I remember when I first played FFVII. My parents got me a PS1 with MegaMan X4, Crash Bandicoot, and FFVII for my 11th birthday (or was it my 10th birthday? Blargh). I was so happy. I played FFVII first, and I played it one sitting all the way to escaping Midgar, then realizing I can't save my game without a memory card, and my parents didn't get me one. I was so pissed XD

So is this worth it at all for playing through the game? Like are the graphics any better? I know i need to swap out the audio files but anything else I should know?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Its not worth anything. Go download VII on Bitgamer/Bcats and emulate the shit.

Anyone happen to buy this and set up a controller? If so, what controller do you use and how did you set it up?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I tried to buy it on the NA site and the SE site wouldn't work with either my credit card or my debit card, guess they don't want business.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alvein View Post
    I tried to buy it on the NA site and the SE site wouldn't work with either my credit card or my debit card, guess they don't business.
    Same thing happened to me, I sent in a support ticket and they still haven't gotten back to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I had a similar problem with trying to order it a few days ago but I just got it to work literally right now.

I've played a lot of FF games over the years. I was late on the FFVII bandwagon, 1st FF was VIII, and for some reason EVERY new copy (which was 4) of my FFVII would freeze at some crucial point in the game.

...I hope I can finally beat this game now. A decade plus later

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So in my replay through this I've realized one thing: good GOD are there some plot holes. I'm only up to Cosmo Canyon (Been sick, hard to play vidya games when your in the Hospitals)

Do all of the secondary characters have gigantic logic holes in their stories, or just Barret/Red XIII?

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Thuronn View Post
    I had a similar problem with trying to order it a few days ago but I just got it to work literally right now.

I've played a lot of FF games over the years. I was late on the FFVII bandwagon, 1st FF was VIII, and for some reason EVERY new copy (which was 4) of my FFVII would freeze at some crucial point in the game.

...I hope I can finally beat this game now. A decade plus later
    Still not working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    So in my replay through this I've realized one thing: good GOD are there some plot holes. I'm only up to Cosmo Canyon (Been sick, hard to play vidya games when your in the Hospitals)

Do all of the secondary characters have gigantic logic holes in their stories, or just Barret/Red XIII?
    Everything concerning Cait Sith and Cloud I'd say. Thought it might be because of the dumb translation.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cloud's storyline I can understand the logic errors due to the translation. Cait Sith just has an idiot aura surrounding it that prevents all the characters for seeing him as the 'spy'.

Barret's story kind of shocked me for how little sense it made in the context of the game. Apparently there was a bunch of extra stuff in the Ultimania guide / Before Crisis that tied it together, but the whole scene with Dyne I was waiting for and never got an answer to "Why does Dyne hate Barret? He knows what happened that day. Why did Barret take all the blame, protecting Shinra, instead of telling the truth?".

And then there's an even bigger fuck up than that. How did Dyne get into the Gold Saucer, Murder a half dozen people with a gun, then out of the same location without someone seeing him?

Barret convinced the townspeople to let Shinra build the reactor while Dyne was against it, that's why he hates him.

Dyne shot up the place and escaped into the prison, I imagine he got there in the first place via the trolley like everyone else.

He shoots up the battle square, which is where the prison entrance is, pretty much everyone that saw him was suffering a lethal case of dead. When there's a shooter with a gun where his hand should be running about I doubt height and build are on the short list of defining characteristics, hence Barret and co. get thrown down to the prison as well.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Cloud's storyline I can understand the logic errors due to the translation. Cait Sith just has an idiot aura surrounding it that prevents all the characters for seeing him as the 'spy'.

Barret's story kind of shocked me for how little sense it made in the context of the game. Apparently there was a bunch of extra stuff in the Ultimania guide / Before Crisis that tied it together, but the whole scene with Dyne I was waiting for and never got an answer to "Why does Dyne hate Barret? He knows what happened that day. Why did Barret take all the blame, protecting Shinra, instead of telling the truth?".

And then there's an even bigger fuck up than that. How did Dyne get into the Gold Saucer, Murder a half dozen people with a gun, then out of the same location without someone seeing him?
    Dyne hates Barret because of a combination of Barret convincing everyone to trust Shinra at that period, and Dyne hates everything because he thought he lost everything dear to him, including (and most especially) his daughter, during the attack. It is more about him being insane than about Barret convincing everyone, as even he understood that times were very tough and Barret was only acting in the best interests of the prosperity of the town. Notice how he snaps out of his genocidal rage when Barret informs him that Marlene is still alive. It is at that point that he decides that he can no longer be a father to her, even though she's alive and well, because of all of the sins he's committed since thinking she was dead and losing it. He then kills himself to amend for his mistakes.

There aren't that many plotholes with Dyne (aside from the hand thing in the CS), and it would have been badass to have him as a party member...

Crazy part is that Barret could have just as easily flipped out if he had actually had a daughter like Dyne. Oh man, if those two had flipped out together and made it out of the prison...

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe its just me, if someone burned down my home and murdered my loved ones I would blame them and not some random person in my neighborhood.
    Dyne was the only hold out against Shinra, the entire town wanted it. It's never explained what painted the red A on Barrets chest that singled him out.

Edit: What Lucavi said makes Dyne's part make more sense. They could have spent a minute longer explaining what he'd been through over the last 4 years to make him wacko and in prison, but c'est la vie.

Dyne was already in the prison before Cloud and Co. arrived, it doesn't say how long but everyone calls him boss/knows enough about him for it to be implied that it wasn't a short time. He would have had to have gone through the chocobo circuit in that case.

"The Boss" is the black guy in the trailer that sets you up on the choco race, not Dyne.

Why would he have to have gone through the choco circuit?

edit: also it's a prison, show up and shoot everyone that looks at you funny and you make a reputation real fast

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    "The Boss" is the black guy in the trailer that sets you up on the choco race, not Dyne.

Why would he have to have gone through the choco circuit?

edit: also it's a prison, show up and shoot everyone that looks at you funny and you make a reputation real fast
    The boss isn't the black guy. He only lets you into the chocobo race once you kill Dyne and get the necklace to prove it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Speaking of the chocobo race, maybe I'm missing something since I haven't touched FF7 in over 5 years, but what the hell is with that place's policy? You're convicted of murder and they let you go just by winning a race?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Reminds me of Deadman Wonderland, being able to buy your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    The boss isn't the black guy. He only lets you into the chocobo race once you kill Dyne and get the necklace to prove it.
    He's "the boss" (more or less) of the prison, idk what else you would call him. He orders people about, he grants access to the only avenue out, and he's got the nicest building made from a vehicle in the whole shantytown.

Also, irrc, he wears a pimpin purple suit.

I just played through that part again the black guy says something along the lines that he would let them compete but they need to get the bosses permission, and he would never do that. You kill Dyne and show the black guy the necklace and he acknowledges that you wouldn't have that unless you killed Dyne, so gives you permission.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast