• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

New build finished, wanna sell the old!

Hello Hello,

So I finished my new build, well almost, the 2nd GTX 680 doesnt come in until wed. Specs:
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D full tower
    PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU
    MotherBoard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    WaterCooling: Corsair H100 closed loop system
    CPU: Intel i7-3930k 6core Over-Clocked to 4.7GHz stable
    GPU: Dual Nvidia GTX 680 in SLI -Factory OC'd version
    RAM: 32GB Corsair Quad Channel Dominator GT running at DDR3 2000MHz
    SSD: "OS drive" Intel 520 Series 180GB SATA 6Gb/s
    HD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s for media
    LG BLU Ray burner
    LCD#1: HP 2711x 27" Full HD

This was the first PC ive built from the ground up and am wondering about what Temps should be on the CPU with that cooler. Right now at idle AIDA64 is showing between 35c and 38c between cores.
    Thanks in advance for the input

Also, Im trying to determine if its even worth my time to try and sell my 3 year old Alienware system and if so what you guys think I can try and sell it for

A few basic Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 Yorkfield 3.0GHz LGA 775
    GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Gaming Memory "Actually called Gaming Memory lol"
    HD: 2 250GB HDs in RAID
    Motherboard: Some EVGA board
    PSU: 1000 Watt Alienware branded PSU

It runs FFXIV pretty well tbh, havent really tried many other games on it. That PC was strictly used for ffxi back in the day

Thoughts?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Another question. The guy at Micro Center said I should have the fans on the H100 pulling air from inside the case outside. Doesnt that just take the warm air inside the case and blow it past the radiator? I thought the air should come from outside passing the cooler air over the radiator and out the back.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nayaminfenrir View Post
    Another question. The guy at Micro Center said I should have the fans on the H100 pulling air from inside the case outside. Doesnt that just take the warm air inside the case and blow it past the radiator? I thought the air should come from outside passing the cooler air over the radiator and out the back.
    Difference is minimal, most go with out because you normally mount it where exhausts are/were and so it keeps airflow same as intended. The air sitting around in the case isn't actually that hot, it rises a bit if you have non-ref GPUs that don't blow the air out the case themselves but most of the air has just passed over the HDDs (which can be 24-30c so not that hot). What heats up the air are radiators/heatsinks, so if your GPUs don't have additional airflow to them you could be providing them with hotter air if using rads on intakes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If your 680s has the blower style fans then there shouldn't be much heat in the case.

Is your CPU overclocked? You should be getting 31-40c on idle when overclocked more than 4.6ghz. Around 20-32 when EIST is on.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, the 680s are the Gigabyte ones that come OCd with the 3 fans on the sides. Guess the heat is right where it should be. I wanted to add one more fan to the top of the case but the H100 is mounted up there and just covers the last set of screws to be able to get one more fan in =(

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Gigabyte SOC is not a blower style fan, blower style would exhaust the heat to the rear, outside the case. The SOC would expel the heat in the case. Either way your CPU temps look fine.

What do you really need such specs for?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

how much you looking for that old system?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    ffxi

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TheDangerousDave View Post
    Mostly for HD video editing, but also to be able to play any and all games at max settings.

how much you looking for that old system?
    Honestly Im really not sure what its worth. Its still a great PC, the only thing Im going to do is put 2 new HDs in it to make sure none of my old info gets out. If you'd like to make an offer for purchase please IM me.

You'll find it easier (possibly faster) and probably more profitable to sell components individually.