RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by sedna View Post
    Um... Did anyone get a spare key? Apparently Curse says the giveaway ended 11 hours ago (1am MST) and I am unable to obtain a key. Bleh.
    I got one at 9 am est this morning ;|

It is done now though. Didn't get an extra unfortunately.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I got one at 9 am est this morning ;|

It is done now though. Didn't get an extra unfortunately.
    E'eryday shit be trollin' me.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sounds good. Ill give you a shout when i get a chance to get all the details. Also need to start reading through the wiki of links posted in the guide thread. Seems alot more activity and movement is needed. Im kind of perplexed about the whole change weapons mid fight for new abilities etc... Seems very DPS Orientated mentality.. Is it as button mashy as it sounds or actually got think instead of just spamming combos and abilities? Also no healers? Everyone can heal themself? Interesting...

Ukko is playing FF14 when he has time, on the same server as me but havnt seen him in a while. I must say it to him next time he is online. Did you give FF14 a go in the last 4-5 months? I stopped soon after release given the epic fail but picked it back up in Feb this year and been kind of enjoying it but maybe its just filling the void!

Currently downloading the BWE3 client... Love my 100MB Connection 9.2MB/sec

You can get away with spamming early on, but once you get to higher levels, spamming gets you killed. Combos are not the same as in 14. There is a thread for info on gameplay somewhere in here.

Just be prepared to unlearn many things you are used to, in terms of party dynamics and roles. Skills are usually multi-purposed and everyone fights, there are no backline jobs or mages dedicated to healing, nor anyone dedicated to being a meat shield, it just isnt possible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Im kind of perplexed about the whole change weapons mid fight for new abilities etc... Seems very DPS Orientated mentality.. Is it as button mashy as it sounds or actually got think instead of just spamming combos and abilities? Also no healers? Everyone can heal themself? Interesting...
    You have to remember that every weapon has a different utility as far as damage, conditions, and control go. Couple that with 5 trait lines that boost the aspect you're going for and it becomes about your build and your ability to avoid damage.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Unlocking all of your utility skills takes a good bit of time. While you're working on that you should be learning all the functions of all of your weapons, as well as the function of your class ability (virtues, death shroud, toolbelt, etc). Unlock everything and spend time figuring out what the weapon excels at. By the time you have a good grip on that, you should be well into learning how to use utility skills. Some will be easier than others. Engineer gets rifle, pistol+pistol, and pistol+shield. Warrior has a ton of weapons, and elementalist has four different skillsets at a time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Edit: Key Gone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Does someone need an EU key? I took an extra for a friend but he's not really going to use it, he works through the weekends. First come first serve.
    I'd take one. Curse was out of keys when I woke up

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I'd take one. Curse was out of keys when I woke up
    Check your PMs

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

second FB post with beta key links from Arenanet

We have FOUR more giveaways to tell you about!

PC Gamer has 1,000 keys to distribute: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/12/gu...ey-giveaway-2/

Guild Wars 2 Brasil is sharing keys as well through a variety of channels: http://guildwars2brasil.com.br/?p=3330

Brady Games is offering you a shot at a beta key in exchange for a haiku: http://www.facebook.com/BradyGamesSt...63476550424546

The Pale Tree says "No beta key? No problem!" http://thepaletree.net/2012/07/12/no...ey-no-problem/

Good luck! ~RB2
    Updated OP as well.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

PC Gamer one is already closed =-= ;;; goddamnit.

Banned.

BG Level

Nice, thanks even tho I'll probably forget and lose my chance to snag one

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Relics of Orr (my favorite Guild Wars/2 audio podcast) has 25 beta keys to give away. Pardon the tongue-in-cheek humor here, lol.

http://www.relicsoforr.com/?p=2060

The Relics of Orr BWE3 Beta Key Blowout

We’re professional and you know it. That’s because we have 25 beta keys for BWE3 (not the stress test nor the live game), and we’re ready to give them out. If you’re someone that is without access to the game currently and want to see if this game’s for you, this is all you have to do to get it:

Exactly what we’ve done for you. /sarcasm Record about 90 hours of audio regarding Guild Wars 2 and send it back to us. No charge.

Lazy pigs. I bet you couldn’t even use a recording software of your choice (such as Audacity) to make a simple audio file, 1 minute or less in length, that states what it is about Guild Wars 2 that has gathered your interest above other games. Oh you think you could? Well then we have a bet. The first 25 of you people to send in audio meeting these requirements (which will be used for the show at our unsavory discretion) will receive a beta key in an email that we send back.

http://www.cyan-studios.net/relics/w...we3betakey.jpg

So if you don’t know how to answer that question, get to researchin’!

Email us at our email address with the subject line saying “BETA KEY PLOX!” and attach your mp3 or ogg file. If you attach a wav file, you’ll be punished.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

This one is still going on:
    http://www.geforce.com/games-applica...&uid=640018130

Love the ones where you don't have to sign up or make up a haiku...

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Too late

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Lol. That was pretty quick.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alienwarearena is spread over multiple days. THink they go live at 3pm EST each day. 14th of July is the last one. Check it out anyways!