1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skirmish (07/10/2012)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'm honestly surprised there was so little focus on plot in 1.0, while they had no problems pumping out end-game fights (and fully unique loot for each one). I figured a FF game would have been comprised of 5 parts plot and 5 parts graphics, but this was not the case. I suppose they decided to focus less on the plot for 1.0 once they realized that things were going south and they'd have to redo the game anyway.

Kinda hoping there's more in-your-face plot for 2.0, because, especially compared to XI with its Ark Angels and Raogrimm and all of that, XIV was terribly droll in the plot department.
    Thats probably due to the regime change. Fuck plot/storyline back then... people needed content and things needed fixing. Storyline/plot scenarios would've been stupid with the awful combat system from before.

They said ages ago that they were putting the story on hold in order to deal with...you know, the actual game. I'm not too sad about the lack of story content, but I'm grateful for the rest of the shit being done.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Even as few and far between as the GC storyline has been, it's still been faster than Wings of the Goddess (which, I know, isn't saying much). It's been enough to to hold me over though. Like a bunch of people said in the other thread, I'll be a little sad if we don't see this original story arc come to a close at some point.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post751755
    Hi there,

The Development team confirmed to me that the rate to get the rewards in skirmishes is gonna be higher than the rate in other endgame activities (like dungeon and primals).

Weapons are the only rewards from Skirmishes, and are targeted to those players who can't beat Garuda.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Can I get a cape in any modern MMO, please? I think AOC was most modern MMO to have cloaks or capes that I've visually confirmed. The jury is still out on GW2.

I get sick of how "important NPCs" always get to rock the cloaks and show off the physics in each game, but player characters never get to wear them. Don't try to give me some lore bullshit either, because capes and cloaks are some of the cheapest and most readily available attire for peasants or the lower class. Its a freakin' fabric wrap, for God's sake.
    Cloaks are an advertised feature of the new Rift expansion!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Orly? PM me a screenshot of the visuals, lol. Even WoW's shitty-rendering flappa-flappa cloak/cape was better than nothing.

MNK AF body is cloak-ish assuming you have physics enabled.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I saw that, and I liked it. There's also that little half-cloak they put on some Pld body in XI that made me grin a bit.

I know its entirely unfair to compare the two, but I was watching a shit ton of UMVC3 at EVO this weekend and goddamn, if SE could do something that resembled the physics on Vergil's trench, I'd resub in an instant just to roll around in combat with it on. I love me some true physix.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post751755

Hi there,

The Development team confirmed to me that the rate to get the rewards in skirmishes is gonna be higher than the rate in other endgame activities (like dungeon and primals).

Weapons are the only rewards from Skirmishes, and are targeted to those players who can't beat Garuda.
    So Skirmish will be easier than Garuda. Good to know.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Am I the only one who was hoping we'd get seals from it seeing as its a grand company event? I figured we wouldn't, but the hope was there.

Now I'm sad.

did they specifically say no seals? i did caravan for like 6 hours today and gave up hoping that the last few thousand would come from this

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's the part of Sol's post that made me think no seals, I may be wrong.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well maybe it will be like ifrit and you can trade in your whitrple weapons for seals

edit been bugging me for the past few days what these weapons remind me of, they look like the crystal weapons in the 2nd monster hunter games

I already said it but two of them are directly imported from XI

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I already said it but two of them are directly imported from XI
    Which two? It can't be the H2H you mentioned?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...erethragna.png v http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../b6/5264_1.jpg

Those two are nothing alike

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So which two then?

sorry last post was heavily inundated with sarcasm

A. Body
    BG Level

Besides having two horns and being bone-like, they aren't direct copies. Even if they were, that would bother me less than the fact that those are some seriously huge and obvious poly's on the FFXIV models.