Closed Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    The MS being interested in Activision/Blizzard is interesting. If they did make CoD a console exclusive, wouldn't this be a horrid mistake in terms of profit? I mean I know the CoD fan base is huge, but I wonder if it's big enough to actually push brand new consoles enough to make up what they'd lose on PS4/PC sales. I know I certainly wouldn't purchase a 720/Durango/whatever JUST for CoD and I absolutely love the MP experience I get from it with my friends on my Xbox (I'm buying a 720 anyway, but that's irrelevant).
    They would probably keep releasing them on the PC "Only on Windows" If they want to be real jerks about it, they'll release it a month later on PC.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

That One Piece game looks interesting... just another reason to learn Japanese lol

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Pretty sure he's saying that CoD has such a devoted fan base that, come time to choose a next gen console, an Xbox exclusive CoD is going to make them choose Xbox. They wouldn't be losing half the sales if more people choose their console because of the game.
    yeah, guess I didn't explain it too well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The creators of Gears of War and the Unreal Engine came to Comic-Con today to finally talk about their next game, Fortnite, a "a co-op sandbox survival game," according to producer Tanya Jessen. During the panel, the company also revealed the game would be PC exclusive and the first title from Epic to use its next-gen Unreal Engine 4 technology.

Jessen says the new property is about exploration, scavenging gear, building fortified structures and fighting waves of encroaching monsters hellbent on killing you and your friends.

"Building is really the core of the game," Jessen says. "Everything you find allows you to build and improve your structure." Epic says the game will have "a lot of loot" buried in the game.

Epic showed playable prototypes of the game running on Unreal Engine 3, showing multiple ways players will be able to upgrade weapons — in this case a crossbow that can be outfitted with explosives and electric shocks — and offered glimpses of the various enemy types and building structures players will see in Fortnite.

Design director Cliff Bleszinski revealed during the panel that Fortnite would be the first game to take advantage of the company's Unreal Engine 4 tech.

"This is a PC designed game, shipping exclusively on the PC," Bleszinski said. Epic showed screen shots of Fortnite running on the next-gen Unreal Engine, showing off gorgeous lighting and modeling advances that accentuate the cartoonish style of the game.

Originally, Bleszinski said, Fortnite followed a more traditional post-apocalyptic, The Road-inspired aesthetic, but the team found the style "depressing." Designer Pete Ellis showed the evolution of one of the game's zombie-like enemy types, The Husk, and its transition from scary, wiry undead to its current more cartoonish style. The panel also revealed the name of the previously revealed enemy, the squat, teleporting Troll, which Bleszisnki described as "a manifestation of everything on the Internet that I hate."

Epic touched on the building gameplay aspect of the game, showing Fortnite gameplay running on UE4, showing a deep level of structure building that lets players build and edit each wall with a 3x3 grid, lay down stairs, roofs, and windows, sculpting them to suit a particular need — sniping from a split seam in the roof, for example. In between building segments, Epic showed a Fortnite character using an axe and sledgehammer to break down walls to reclaim materials, including wood, tile and brick.

Bleszinski and Jessen implied that Fortnite would continue to evolve even after its release, with updates that could drastically change gameplay.

Asked by a fan whether Fortnite would allow for elaborate, Home Alone-style traps that players could build to fend off enemies, Bleszinski said "I don't think we'll have any Rube Goldberg type stuff in the first version, but it's kind of a no-brainer later."

"We're just going to keep adding onto it," Jessen said, implying that Fortnite would continue evolve its systems a la Minecraft.

Asked whether the game would be free-to-play, Epic dodged, saying that it wasn't talking about its pricing plans just yet. No release date for the game was offered, with Jessen saying "We're trying to put the game out as soon as we can."
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...-engine-4-game

Spoiler: show

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was hoping I could play it on console with friends. Oh well, I guess I won't need to worry about purchasing that until it's dirt cheap on a Steam sale.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WAKE YO ASS UP

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Thanks to the incompetent folks at Sega, we have details on a PS2-era Yakuza HD collection earlier than they'd probably like. A listing for "Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition" went up on their site and was quickly taken down, this morning. The game is slated for a December 1st release on PS3 for $65 (5,229 yen), according to the listing.

This news makes me want to pick-up a vending machine and toss it at a random pedestrian. Yakuza 1 & 2 came out late in the PlayStation 2's lifecycle, making them perfect for an HD release. They are full of detail that would really benefit from a higher resolution. Hopefully, Sega will lower the price and release it digitally if they ever bring this collection to the West.
    http://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-1-...e-231281.phtml
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482349

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

FUCK YES!

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer in ONE MORE DAY!

http://www.jc-mp.com/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was in the early testing days ago, shit is MAD FUN

Didn't take many pics on July 6th first day of testing sadly

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does it actually integrate well, or does it feel like a total hackjob like MultiTheftAuto was?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never played MTA so I can't comment on that, but it felt alright for a first run beta test. There was a lot of chaos going on so I couldn't really do much except taking a vehicle and ramming into other people. In the beta anyone could steal your car that you we're driving and it pissed me off, so glad they're changing that.

There was around 500+ people on at the same time, small lag here and there, but jesus it was crazy.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Didn't even know they did prior testing, so jelly! Can't fuckin' wait, going to play until the season premiere of Breaking bad.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Z.O.E. HD screens

Spoiler: show

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag