FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Samsung has Discontinued Support for the Twitch App on their Smart TVs
    https://luckbox.com/esports-news/art...rom-samsung-tv | https://twitter.com/SamsungSupport/s...14706530881546

Quick reply to this message Reply  

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This took me by complete surprise. Layers of Fear 2 are releasing on May 28th. The first was pretty short and not the scariest game around, but I loved the atmosphere and music.

https://www.pcgamer.com/layers-of-fe...or-next-month/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    This took me by complete surprise. Layers of Fear 2 are releasing on May 28th. The first was pretty short and not the scariest game around, but I loved the atmosphere and music.

https://www.pcgamer.com/layers-of-fe...or-next-month/

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Epic Games purchases Psyonix (Rocket League). Sales will halt on Steam late 2019.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/1/18...te-unreal-deal

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

And once again, fuck Epic.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

More like, thanks Epic for giving developers more of their money back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tbh is there really nothing stopping Epic? I understand the FTC (correct me if i’m wrong), allows for healthy competition, hence why we have 4 big cellphone companies competing against each other, but company exclusive cellphones are long gone. Tom Sweeney can suck a fat dick, i’m so hype to play borderlands 3 on pc, but i have forever uninstalled the epic game store, i hate to reinstall it again just to play with my friends at launch.

BG Level

I wouldn't mind Epic if they actually had a quality storefront but calling them bare bones is being way over generous. I don't need much of what Steam has for features but no cloud saving, reviews, or even an effin' shopping cart for a storefront in this day is laughable.

The only reason they have any clout is pushing the exclusivity angle hard.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Nothing illegal about it if that's what you're asking. They just have the cash cow that is Fortnite allowing them to buy their way into the publishing space instead of slowly earning it with the best launcher software the community has ever seen. They make up for it by being super generous to the developer, and the fact that the gaming community by and large does not care that they have to install a second launcher for a game when it handles all the important stuff like updates automatically.

You are firmly in the niche of the gaming community if you need constant cloud saves and very particular gamepad support not already offered by Windows. Other than that Steam isn't offering much as a platform. And nothing they offer directly benefits the developers who are giving up a premium to be on that platform over Epic.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What Epic actually offers are customers who dont have steam installed, like the next generation of gamers hooked on Fortnite and never downloaded steam cause they never needed to. I think I mentioned it here, but a few months ago it was estimated that 60% of Epics base does not have Steam installed. So a bunch of new customers, on top of better revenue splits, is what Epic offers. It also helps that the only barrier to entry is downloading new software, which as much as BG likes to whine about it it isn't that big a deal.

I stick cloud saves in that pile too, but some of yall reallllyyyy like it for some reason. Maybe yall are reformatting your PCs every week or something lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Like really, Epic is offering developers an extra 18% on their game sales and yall are complaining cause the store doesnt have a cart? lol okay. A lot of Steams tangible benefits are there even if you launch it on windows start and then use Epics launcher after it. In the year of our lord 2019 having these two behemoths duke it out for market share does nothing but help developers a lot and the community a little after it trickles down.

It's not just a shopping cart. It's everything that are basic features of even shopping websites much less a full gaming platform. With shown little interest in adding basic features for months. They refuse to pay fees(which steam eats) which are pushed to the customer. Countries where that is illegal? Only can pay with prepaid cards. Or the game is just not available to you. General bad practice that is something I don't want to support. I will agree that the better cut for the developer IS a good cause. Btw food for thought, Borderlands 3 will be available on GMG, whose cut is the same as Steam's.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Steam workshop. Simple enough.

But cloud saves are pretty godlike if you consider it, as a matter of fact, it’s a savior on xbox and ps4 if say they fucking crash on you somehow someway. On pc yes you can backup your saves manually, but why not let the cloud take care of that for you after your playthrough? Cloud saves are way convenient.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Steam is responsible for a huge jump in Linux support that epic hasn't really said anything about.

I enjoyed Jim's pov on it.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    developers
    You keep saying Epic benefits the developer, when the word you're looking for is publisher. Developers could very well see little to no benefit from a game being made exclusive to EGS. Even if the higher profit margin trickles down to the devs, the substantially lower sales compared to Steam would likely offset.

And to be perfectly frank, why the fuck should the average consumer give a shit about the profit margins for publishers or developers? Epic offers absolutely zero benefit to the end user, and in general makes for a worse experience then what Steam can provide (either thru the horrendous storefront, lack of features, or jacked up regional pricing).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    It's not just a shopping cart. It's everything that are basic features of even shopping websites much less a full gaming platform. With shown little interest in adding basic features for months. They refuse to pay fees(which steam eats) which are pushed to the customer. Countries where that is illegal? Only can pay with prepaid cards. Or the game is just not available to you. General bad practice that is something I don't want to support. I will agree that the better cut for the developer IS a good cause. Btw food for thought, Borderlands 3 will be available on GMG, whose cut is the same as Steam's.
    This. The point is from a consumer standpoint Epic on its own offers absolutely nothing unless you are into Fortnite. And while legal it's still a dick move saying you want to be a competitor yet pushing for exclusive deals from popular brands, etc.

Oh and don't get me wrong. I'm not a Steam fanboy at all (I could write an article on my problems with me) and glad Epic is giving creators more money per purchase, but at the same time this feels like something that was rushed out the door with a "fuck it we'll add it/fix it later" attitude.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I saw a thread on r/games about Dragon Age 4 being "GaaS". If that's true, yikes.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bioware just needs to die.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gaas?

Ridill
    BG Level

Games as a service, I believe.

Online, microtransactions everywhere.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag