Closed Thread
Page 87 of 151 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Marc Laidlaw, head writer of everything Half-life, posted what would have been Half Life EP.3.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/25/...-marc-laidlaw/

And the pastebin so you can read the story in its entirety. Laidlaw's site is down because everyone and their mother wants some closure on this.

https://pastebin.com/q9DMFa7c
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Marc Laidlaw, head writer of everything Half-life, posted what would have been Half Life EP.3.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/25/...-marc-laidlaw/

And the pastebin so you can read the story in its entirety. Laidlaw's site is down because everyone and their mother wants some closure on this.

https://pastebin.com/q9DMFa7c
    All the writers left? Shit didn't know that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Most all of the team have left, yes. He was one of the holdouts.

BG Level

Well that helps explain why Valve hasn't released shit since Portal 2 other than an online TCG I suppose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

That and Steam is shitting money for them. They're getting paid billions to do absolutely nothing except host.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Well that helps explain why Valve hasn't released shit since Portal 2 other than an online TCG I suppose.
    uhhh, not sure if your aware, but since portal 2 valve has released 2 of the biggest games in existence. I think half life 3 needed to be out well before steam blew up and valve released it's big hitters cause there is no reason for them to bother with half-life anymore.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    uhhh, not sure if your aware, but since portal 2 valve has released 2 of the biggest games in existence. I think half life 3 needed to be out well before steam blew up and valve released it's big hitters cause there is no reason for them to bother with half-life anymore.
    Oh right I forgot about DOTA2. What's the other?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

CSGO

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    CSGO
    Wow I have that and completely forgot about it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Indie dev Acid Wizard Studios put their new game, Darkwood, up on pirate sites as a statement against key resellers.

Hi! This [flood] was brought to you by the developers of Darkwood - Acid Wizard Studio.

This is the latest version of Darkwood at the time of writing this (1.0 hotfix 3). Completely DRM-free. There's no catch, no added pirate hats for characters or anything like that.

We have just one request: if you like Darkwood and want us to continue making games, consider buying it in the future, maybe on a sale, through Steam, GOG or Humble Store. But please, please, don't buy it through any key reselling site. By doing that, you're just feeding the cancer that is leeching off this industry.

This [waterfall] comes with no installer, so you can just run it from the mounted image, but we recommend copying the contents to your disk and running it from there.

For more info on our story and why we decided to share this with you, check out: http://imgur.com/a/xVhDz

Have fun!
    The Acid Wizards
    I don't really have interest in the game, but I bought it as a vote-with-your-wallet thing. Seem like pretty chill dudes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's a new fist of the north star vidya game being made by the guys behind Yakuza.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Okami is getting a PS4, Xbox, PC release in December:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/12/16...-capcom-clover

Capcom will release an updated version of Okami, Clover Studio’s stylish action-adventure game originally released in 2006, for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. The publisher announced Okami HD today, pegging the game for a Dec. 12 release.

Okami HD will support 4K resolution on PlayStation 4 Pro, Windows PC and Xbox One X, Capcom said in an announcement. Players will have the option of widescreen 16:9 or original 4:3 aspect ratio.

The game will be released digitally and physically (on PS4 and Xbox One) for $19.99.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

One of the funny things is that a ton of people are saying lolCapcom for not releasing this on Switch. I mean, touch controls makes it seem like a perfect port but w/e I'll buy Okami on every console.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

IGN bought humble bundle. They're saying they will allow HB to operate as a separate entity, but i'm skeptical on how this will change the offerings.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    IGN bought humble bundle. They're saying they will allow HB to operate as a separate entity, but i'm skeptical on how this will change the offerings.
    Announcing our biggest bundle ever: Humble Bundle is proudly joining the IGN family! We will continue to bring you all of our humble products, but with more resources and help from IGN.

We chose IGN because they really understand our vision, share our passion for games, and believe in our mission to promote awesome digital content while helping charity. I can’t think of a better partner than IGN to help Humble Bundle continue our quest.

We will be working harder than ever to bring you the best gaming bundles, book bundles, and store sales, while nurturing the Humble Monthly and our new publishing initiative. We will keep our own office, culture, and amazing team with IGN helping us further our plans. We will raise even more money for charity.

John and I started Humble Bundle from our childhood homes. When our parents found out that our “big idea” was basically the honor system of pay-what-you-want plus charity, they braced themselves for the possibility that we might never move out. Seven years later, thanks to the generosity of over 10 million customers, we’ve now raised $106 million for charity. We are incredibly proud of this figure, of our team, and the Humble community which got us here.

But as far as we’ve come, we know we are just getting started. Even bigger things lie ahead, and we think IGN is the perfect partner to help us get there.

If you like Humble Bundle now, stay tuned, because we’ll have more exciting things to share in the near future.

Jeffrey Rosen - Humble Bundle Co-Founder, CEO
    http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/16...orces-with-ign

BG Level

So how long til we have to remove URLs?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So how long til we have to remove URLs?
    If IGN's lawyers hit us again. Just as Giant Bomb is a partner of Gamespot, I see no reason to blacklist Humble. I know you're being sarcastic, but someone won't catch on.

BG Level

Eh kinda/sorta. I'm just afraid they'll try to jump again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition delayed to TBA 2018, Originally was set to release October 19th, Closed Beta to be expanded
    https://www.ageofempires.com/news/ag...elease-update/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

EA Acquires Respawn Entertainment for $455M
    Electronic Arts announced today an agreement to acquire Respawn Entertainment, a leading independent game development studio and creators of AAA shooter and action games including the critically-acclaimed Titanfall franchise. Respawn brings to EA the proven leadership and studio talent behind Titanfall and Titanfall 2, two of the most highly-rated shooter titles in the last five years. The acquisition builds on a successful publishing partnership between Respawn and EA, with multiple projects currently in development - a new title in the Titanfall franchise, a game set in the Star Wars universe and a VR gaming experience.

"We've seen firsthand the world-class caliber of Respawn as a development studio with incredible vision, deep talent and an inspiring creative mindset," said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts. "Our longtime partnership is grounded in a shared desire to push the boundaries and deliver extraordinary and innovative new experiences for players around the world. Together, we've brought this to life in the Titanfall franchise, and now with the Respawn team joining EA, we have exciting plans to accomplish even more amazing things in the future."

"We started Respawn with the goal to create a studio with some of the best talent in the industry, and to be a top developer of innovative games," said Vince Zampella, CEO of Respawn Entertainment. "We felt that now was the time to join an industry leader that brings the resources and support we need for long term success, while still keeping our culture and creative freedom. EA has been a great partner over the years with Titanfall and Titanfall 2, and we're excited to combine our strengths. This is a great next step for Respawn, EA, and our players."

Respawn is the creator and developer of the critically-acclaimed Titanfall franchise that energized the first-person shooter genre with its innovative gameplay. The first game, Titanfall, was published by EA in 2014, and received global recognition with more than 75 top awards. Fans and critics fell in love with the game's refreshing, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay. Respawn and EA launched Titanfall 2 in late 2016, with a new single-player campaign and expanded multiplayer gameplay, resulting in one of the year's top-rated shooters.

Respawn will join EA's Worldwide Studios organization, a global creative collective of leading game development studios bringing to life an unmatched portfolio of top games and services across all major platforms.

Under the agreement, EA will pay $151 million in cash, and up to $164 million in long-term equity in the form of restricted stock units to employees, which will vest over four years. In addition, EA may be required to pay additional variable cash consideration that is contingent upon achievement of certain performance milestones, relating to the development of future titles, through the end of calendar 2022. The additional consideration is limited to a maximum of $140 million. The transaction is expected to close by the end of the calendar 2017 or soon thereafter, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. The acquisition is expected to be neutral to EA's net income in fiscal years 2018 and 2019.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag