Closed Thread
Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

In a week no one will remember and we'll all move on with our lives, just like the amazon that is still burning. People have already forgotten about that.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Banned.

BG Level

What are some good/fun games I can get for a laptop with an integrated graphics chip/card?
    Actually I think this is in wrong thread can someone move it to the right one and any replies thanks
    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    In a week no one will remember and we'll all move on with our lives, just like the amazon that is still burning. People have already forgotten about that.
    In all honesty, if Blizzard announces a real Diablo game (be it an HD remake of 2 or actual Diablo 4) at Blizzcon my wallet will forgive them pretty quickly.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    In all honesty, if Blizzard announces a real Diablo game (be it an HD remake of 2 or actual Diablo 4) at Blizzcon my wallet will forgive them pretty quickly.
    After Diablo 3 I'd need some serious confirmation that it's actually a good Diablo game before I give them anything.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Until the microtransactions roll in. Fuck Blizzard to hell and back.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Until the microtransactions roll in. Fuck Blizzard to hell and back.
    What you don't want them to roll out another auction house where we control our own microtransactions? I can't wait to meet another guy who tries to support himself and his girlfriend and child off his earnings selling gold and yellows.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    What you don't want them to roll out another auction house where we control our own microtransactions? I can't wait to meet another guy who tries to support himself and his girlfriend and child off his earnings selling gold and yellows.
    From a homeless shelter on his iPad

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

“DON’T YOU ALL NOT HAVE PHONES?!?”

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Konami announced a new Silent Hill game

Spoiler: show
    It's a slot machine to be shown off at a Vegas Entertainment expo next month

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You bastard

Old Merits
    BG Level

Seriously, you suck. Goddamn.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Konami announced a new Silent Hill game

Spoiler: show
    It's a slot machine to be shown off at a Vegas Entertainment expo next month
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/konam...100000077.html

"Konami's aim is empowering operators with exceptional entertainment to reach and engage today's players and beyond," said Tom Jingoli, executive vice president & chief commercial officer at Konami Gaming, Inc. "We are actively leveraging a combination of top technology, talent, design, and development to deliver a host of new products at this year's event, through the immediate years to come."

G2E 2019 marks the industry premiere of Konami's latest video slot cabinet. With a 49-inch "J" curve display in 4K Ultra HD (UHD), this cabinet provides a sleek, exciting canvas for high-profile linked progressive series.

"This cabinet is a striking combination of sleek entertainment, premium packaging, and player comfort, backed by a rich library of original titles," said Jingoli. "Everything, including its shape, screens, betting surface, and available merchandising, has been engineered to maximize both player experience and operational results. This latest cabinet is a first glimpse at great things to come from Konami."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Warner Bros. has Contracted IO Interactive (Hitman Series) to Develop a New Title for PC & Consoles
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and independent videogame developer IO Interactive today announced a worldwide publishing and distribution agreement to bring a new console and PC game experience to players worldwide.

IO Interactive has two development studios in the Scandinavian region – IOI Copenhagen in Denmark and the recently opened IOI Malmö in Sweden – both of which will be integral in the development of the new game under this partnership.

“We’re very pleased to continue our relationship with the talented team at IO Interactive,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “IO Interactive has a longstanding legacy of creating iconic games, and we’re looking forward to partnering on this next endeavor to bring a new console and PC gaming experience to players globally.”

“Over the past few years, Warner Bros. has shown us first-hand that they understand and respect our creative vision, and we’re looking forward to continuing this relationship,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO, IO Interactive. “IO Interactive has a proud history of creating compelling characters and universes for our players to enjoy—it’s in our DNA. As we embark on this exciting project to create a new universe for IOI together with Warner Bros., we’re currently looking for ambitious talent to join our team in our Copenhagen and Malmö studios for this extraordinary journey.”

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and IO Interactive previously partnered on the release of various titles within the acclaimed Hitman series, including Hitman 2 (2018), Hitman: Definitive Edition (2018) and Hitman HD Enhanced Collection (2019).

IO Interactive is currently seeking high-quality talent across all game development disciplines to join both the IOI Copenhagen and IOI Malmö studios.
    https://www.ioi.dk/jobs/

Former Bungie CEO & President Harold Ryan has Announced the Formation of ProbablyMonsters
    ProbablyMonsters, a developer of industry-defining video game studios and interactive entertainment, announced its formation under the leadership of CEO and founder, Harold Ryan, offering a new business model for games focused on creating world-class development studios and original entertainment. The privately held company, which has been operating in stealth mode since 2016, today revealed its first two ProbablyMonsters development studios, Cauldron Studios and Firewalk Studios. Led by top industry talent hand-selected by Ryan, each studio is working on an original AAA game that has been signed by a leading publisher.

ProbablyMonsters is a new category of game company for the next generation of gaming, neither a traditional developer nor a publisher. Instead, it creates and sustains independently operated development studios, each specifically formed to develop hit entertainment franchises in genres they are passionate about. Under Ryan’s leadership, the ProbablyMonsters team is establishing a strong foundation built on successfully leading multiple AAA games while establishing a positive creative culture, starting with studio formation, culture, people development, creative development, funding, staffing, administrative, and technical needs.

With over 20 years of industry achievements, Ryan has been responsible for generating over $5 billion revenue through blockbuster franchises such as Halo, Destiny, Age of Empires, and MechWarrior. He has held distinguished roles including CEO and President of Bungie as well as key positions at Microsoft and with Ensemble Studios and FASA Studios. Ryan negotiated Bungie’s divestiture from Microsoft in 2007 and demonstrated the company’s vision as a leading independent game developer while securing over a billion dollars in funding and forging strategic partnerships with Activision, Sony, and Microsoft. He is known for creating exceptional and highly creative results—both critically and commercially—with efficient teams, clear goals, and an atmosphere of respect and transparency.

“As we enter a new generation of gaming, the industry needs a better model for building AAA studios where game developers can reliably turn their creative vision and effort into exceptional experiences that delight players,” said Harold Ryan, CEO and founder of ProbablyMonsters. “Our mission at ProbablyMonsters is to unite, guide, and empower talented game developers in a stable and predictable business environment that respects people, culture, and creativity.”

ProbablyMonsters has assembled an exceptional team of leaders, including Lonnye Bower, COO, an engineering leader experienced in large scale projects who was formerly Worldwide Technical Lead at Microsoft. Fiscal management and strategic planning expertise is provided by Douglas Kikendall, CFO, formerly CFO at TheTVDB.com and Oak Harbor Capital. HR and recruiting is overseen by Shannon Armstrong, Chief People Office, an HR leader with over 20 years of experience who was formerly Senior Recruiting Manager at Amazon.

Firewalk Studios is headed by Tony Hsu, previously SVP and General Manager of the Destiny Business Unit at Activision Publishing. Hsu is a champion of new gaming IP and has extensive gaming and strategy experience including the massive launches of Destiny and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Firewalk’s Game Director is Ryan Ellis, formerly Creative Director at Bungie and Lead Artist at Oddworld Inhabitants.

Cauldron Studios is headed by Dave Matthews, who has over 20 years of experience managing AAA teams while helping build franchises like God of War and Myst. Matthews was formerly Lead Character Artist at Sony Computer Entertainment of America and Art Director at Bungie and WB Games. Game Director for Cauldron Studios is CJ Cowan, who was previously the Story Lead for Destiny’s House of Wolves and Taken King releases, and Bungie’s Director of Cinematics for the bulk of their Halo titles.

ProbablyMonsters, located in scenic Issaquah, Washington, is committed to building a positive creative culture where game developers can thrive while creating and shipping original AAA games. In July 2019, ProbablyMonsters closed a private $18.8 million Series A round led by Jerry Jones, Owner/President/ General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys, and John Goff, Founder and Chairman of Crescent Real Estate and Goff Capital; Luther King Capital Management affiliates; gaming executive and venture capitalist David Oxford; among other private investors, to fund its ongoing growth. More details on ProbablyMonsters and the ProbablyMonsters studios will be shared in coming months.

Not sure if anyone here subscribes to Humble Monthly, but they're changing it up soon to Humble Choice.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/classic

Basically, right now with Humble Monthly you get around 7-11 games per month, with 1-3 shown right away, and the remaining games are hidden until the end of the month for $12.

With Humble Choice you'll be shown 10 games at the beginning of the month, and depending on the plan you have, you get to choose 3 ($15/month) or 9 ($20/month) games from the 10. But, if you're already subscribed to their Humble Monthly plan before they switch to Humble Choice, you get grandfathered in with a "Classic" plan where you get all 10 games for the same $12 price. If you cancel your Classic plan at any time, you lose it it forever, though. One way around this is to "Pause" your plan, which doesn't cancel and simply pauses your sub for the month. Only thing is you have to pause every month manually.

Anyway, some people on Reddit are freaking out about it because they're basically forcing you to stay subbed to the Classic plan, but with the pause feature, it's really not that bad. And the fact that we can see all 10 games now, instead of having to pay to get/see the hidden games, is awesome to me.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was wondering when certain-website-who-shall-not-be-named would fuck up Humble. That said I've very rarely been interested in any more than 3 games from any given month, so Basic would have been fine if it didn't cost more than Classic as it were, so if I ever do let my sub lapse, they've lost me for good in that regards.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Only way I can see this being a positive is if all 10 games are actually good, high quality titles and not 1-3 good ones with a bunch of garbage in the rest of the slots every month. Otherwise they're just charging more and giving less.

Yeah. I won't deny that it's a worse way to do things, but like I said, I just like that we can see all 10 games that we're getting now. So, if there's a month where none of the games interest me, I can just pause for the month to keep my Classic plan, and not lose out on anything. Unlike right now, where even if you don't like the advertised game for the month (looking at you, August-October!), you kind of have to just give them $12 and hope the remaining games are good at the end of the month lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've only ever bought a humble monthly if I like what's in the initial game offering(s), tbh. It's very rare for them to put good stuff in the "hidden" slots for the most part.

Related, this month's humble monthly is amazing.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Related, this month's humble monthly is amazing.
    Definitely by design to hook people in with how good this months offering is right before this new pricing scheme.

This month's is great for sure. It's been a while since I've played a CoD game. And I guess WW2 has one of the better Campaigns in the series? So I'm looking forward to that.

And yeah, it's rare that the hidden games are good, but in the past year and a half I've gotten some decent stuff that I had on my wishlist from hidden stuff: RE Revelations, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Observer, Little Nightmares, Outlast 2, Owlboy (I think that was hidden. Can't remember), RE5 Gold Edition, and Hyper Light Drifter. My wife found some entertainment in some of the shittier games too lol.

Also, I highly recommend looking up Reddit's r/gametrade section if you all don't know already. Obviously you want to be careful with that type of stuff, but with my very first trade on there I got Sekiro, Nioh Complete Edition, and some cheaper games that I still needed on PC like Bayonetta, Evil Within and Vanquish, all for those games I didn't want from the previous months of Humble Monthly. So I guess I got my money's worth in the end lol.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag